Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maryville basketball off the rails

Who has been successful post GMAC creation? I'm interested to see who has done anything in a National tournament. Every ounce of KWC's success was pre-GMAC.

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Better check your facts.

Comment

You're probably right in your assessment. Now there is a question, has a higher division school ever dropped down a lower level because they chose to.

Comment

Mississippi College (Gulf South Conf) dropped to D3 and then just recently moved back up to D2 (and rejoined the GSC). Also, Brevard College (SAC) is in the process. Those are two I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by MOFAN View Post
          You're probably right in your assessment. Now there is a question, has a higher division school ever dropped down a lower level because they chose to.
          Lots of schools over the years like Okla. City went from Division I to NAIA back to Division I back to other affiliations. Armstrong State went Division I for about two years and then crawled back to D-2 after the money ran out. New Orleans said they were leaving D-1 for Division III year ago but at last minute stayed D-1. Maryville can do it very easily. Moving back to Division III would give them a chance to compete for something. Never understood their logic in wanting to move up when they don't have the money for scholarships in first place.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
            Mississippi College (Gulf South Conf) dropped to D3 and then just recently moved back up to D2 (and rejoined the GSC). Also, Brevard College (SAC) is in the process. Those are two I can think of.
            Stillman also left D-2 for the NAIA last year.

Comment

And BYU Hawaii is dropping sports altogether at the end of this spring. I looked up some others like CCNY left D-1 for smaller level years ago. Lots of east coast schools that were Division I at one time now in D-2 or D-3. Talk is the HBCUs SWAC and MEAC will both decide shortly whether to move sports to either D-2 or possible D-3.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
                Lots of schools over the years like Okla. City went from Division I to NAIA back to Division I back to other affiliations. Armstrong State went Division I for about two years and then crawled back to D-2 after the money ran out. New Orleans said they were leaving D-1 for Division III year ago but at last minute stayed D-1. Maryville can do it very easily. Moving back to Division III would give them a chance to compete for something. Never understood their logic in wanting to move up when they don't have the money for scholarships in first place.
                Man you got that right, they don't have the money to hire a decent woman's coach.
                Last edited by MOFAN; 01-05-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Man you got that right, they don't have the money to hire a decent woman's coach.
                  Goes with what is being said about Maryville and looking at Division III. They don't have to pay for scholarships in D-3, better fit for them. How long notice do they have to give GLVC for leaving the league if they decide to go D-3?

Comment

Maryville Women now 3-7, on course to be the worst MU team ever in their brief D2 history (since 2009, 5-21 record). New coach has no experience and it shows, he has taken a solid 500 team and screwed them up beyond believe. His assistant has more experience, but he doesn't listen to her. Hopefully the players returning next year the school will bring in a new coach, this one is a major bust!

Comment

Maryville Women now 3-7, on course to be the worst MU team ever in their brief D2 history (since 2009, 5-21 record). New coach has no experience and it shows, he has taken a solid 500 team and screwed them up beyond believe. His assistant has more experience, but he doesn't listen to her. Hopefully the players returning next year the school will bring in a new coach, this one is a major bust!
                      You guys at Maryville are why I laugh when the GLVC blowhards come on here and tell us how bad the GMAC is. Maryville is horrible. They should have stayed in D-3. The GLVC of course scooped them up along with McKendree, Springfield, Truman State, and anyone else who would pay the league dues and fees to be a member. My thought for Maryville is go back to D-3 and forget scholarship sports. I could say the same thing about several GLVC schools as far as that goes. Yes, the GMAC has a couple of bad schools, but we're adding several very good teams next year from the GLIAC and will pass the GLVC in a few years.

Comment

He spent time as some kind of coach at Carbondale. He learned from the best on how to tear things down.

Comment

and will pass the GLVC in a few years
                          lol

Comment

Well "off the rails" just beat Lewis on their home floor.

Same thing could be said about the Flyers. Program is in a slow decline since former coach left.

Different system and it's not fun to watch and the results are similar. Once Coach G players are all that's in they will be a middle of pack GLVC.

Comment

Originally posted by 62423dp View Post
                              Well "off the rails" just beat Lewis on their home floor.

Same thing could be said about the Flyers. Program is in a slow decline since former coach left.

Different system and it's not fun to watch and the results are similar. Once Coach G players are all that's in they will be a middle of pack GLVC.
                              Obvious maryville isn't investing what's needed to be in what's once was premiere D2 conf. To replace women's coach they spent 0cents and 10 seconds on the coaching search. You see why MIAA laughed at thought of them in conference

But o jim naum will take anyone who pays the fee.

Comment

You guys at Maryville are why I laugh when the GLVC blowhards come on here and tell us how bad the GMAC is. Maryville is horrible. They should have stayed in D-3. The GLVC of course scooped them up along with McKendree, Springfield, Truman State, and anyone else who would pay the league dues and fees to be a member. My thought for Maryville is go back to D-3 and forget scholarship sports. I could say the same thing about several GLVC schools as far as that goes. Yes, the GMAC has a couple of bad schools, but we're adding several very good teams next year from the GLIAC and will pass the GLVC in a few years.
                                How many G-MAC teams are above .500 at this point? 1?

Maryville isn't very good this year, but KWC is the only team in that league they wouldn't have a fighting chance against.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X