Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal

I understand why USI and Lindenwood players would be entering the transfer portal but it seems like there are players from lots of D2 schools entering. Any reason why?

Transferring players not having to sit out a year is turning D2 into a farm system for D1's. If not fixed, this will hurt the small schools because the casual fan is not going to watch D2 basketball if there aren't D1 caliber players in that mix.

Transferring is understandable If a school is not meeting the educational needs of a student athlete or there is another hardship. However, if one transfers just for basketball reasons, the athlete needs to sit IMO.

Comment

I think you'll see a lot more D2 transfers this year because of the covid rules allowing them to get an extra year and transfer somewhere (probably "up") as a grad transfer. Other than that a lot of the schools that look like they're losing players en masse are the usual roster turnover due to coaching changes, though not all of them.

Comment

Comment

Don't worry, the N(ot) C(redible) A(nymore) A(lliance) can be counted on to make the right decision! For example: by showing their resolve to not raise the ire of extremists, a former male had the opportunity to win the Division 1, Women's 500 Meter Freestyle National Championship. What bravery!

The same way this season's transfer portal was inspired by the success of last season's, the success of this social barrier being broken has inspired more of the same. At some point, will the fine Christian colleges in the GMAC and elsewhere will be challenged to accept things that the Author of their Faith warns against? Those who have ears to hear......

Comment

Is the portal visible to the general public? If so what is the address (URL)?

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
              Is the portal visible to the general public? If so what is the address (URL)?
              I'm not sure there is really a portal page, but verbal commits does a good job of keeping track.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transf...22?division=D2

You can find both D1 and D2 players that are in the transfer portal.

Comment

I'm used to transfers from D1 being part of the program at KWC, but the number of transfers in general the last few years has been staggering. But as they say, "it is what it is" ... now it's up to coaching staffs at D2s - not to mention D1s as well - to make best use of the transferring athletes and draw in the best fits for their programs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X