Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UIU to GLVC

It's finally official: https://glvcsports.com/news/2022/11/...me-member.aspx

Looking forward to joining the GLVC! A great fit for us and appreciate the invitation from the members of this conference and meeting other fans on here!

Welcome to the Midwest! Hopefully posters will return to this part of the board soon. With Bellarmine and Southern Indiana leaving for D1, and down trends for Drury Men and Kentucky Wesleyan, posting activity has been scarce. There are still lots of views though!
    Because of forced retirement and burnout on other sports, I've remained active posting about Drury, my neighborhood team I've followed since my youth. My posting has increased in frequency because my volunteering gig doesn't require my complete attention.
    I love traveling to your neck of the woods, just not during basketball season. We will be watching your game results!

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
      Welcome to the Midwest! Hopefully posters will return to this part of the board soon. With Bellarmine and Southern Indiana leaving for D1, and down trends for Drury Men and Kentucky Wesleyan, posting activity has been scarce. There are still lots of views though!
      Because of forced retirement and burnout on other sports, I've remained active posting about Drury, my neighborhood team I've followed since my youth. My posting has increased in frequency because my volunteering gig doesn't require my complete attention.
      I love traveling to your neck of the woods, just not during basketball season. We will be watching your game results!
      Thanks - the NSIC boards were always lively, we have a few UIU posters that like to talk hoops and football. I have noticed the GLVC boards are pretty quiet though!

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

Thanks - the NSIC boards were always lively, we have a few UIU posters that like to talk hoops and football. I have noticed the GLVC boards are pretty quiet though!
        Like I said, there is not much posting activity, but you have 65 views already

Comment

Congrats to UIU; the GLVC is a great league even though I'm happier with KWC being in the G-MAC because it fits our school profile better (small, private, church affiliated etc). That said, this move is a perfect example of why the GLVC geographically is not a good fit for most of the original members anymore. It just keeps moving farther and farther north and west. Selfishly, I kind of hope this spurs action from UIndy and helps them decide to make the move to the G-MAC as they would be a great fit for our league and provide another closer team for KWC to travel to.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
            Congrats to UIU; the GLVC is a great league even though I'm happier with KWC being in the G-MAC because it fits our school profile better (small, private, church affiliated etc). That said, this move is a perfect example of why the GLVC geographically is not a good fit for most of the original members anymore. It just keeps moving farther and farther north and west. Selfishly, I kind of hope this spurs action from UIndy and helps them decide to make the move to the G-MAC as they would be a great fit for our league and provide another closer team for KWC to travel to.
            Rumor has it that UINDY is very serious about pursuing D1 and are simply updating facilities and getting the money in place. Also, that they did ask the GMAC about being a member until that time and the GMAC said no thanks.

Comment

If that's the case then I agree with the G-MAC...if you're just going to use us for a couple of years til you jump elsewhere then might as well stay where you're at and leave us out of it.

Comment

Agree. I was going to put something on the “conference business” thread - but you guys pretty much summed up my thoughts. Would love UIndy as a member, but not as a rental.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X