Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 GLVC Awards

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
    ...and then he gets blasted in the first round of the GLVC tourney and misses the NCAA's. Good thing he was Coach of the Year over Drury's Molly Miller who was 17-1 in the league, won the GLVC tournament, and drew a 2 seed in the Regional.
    You guys worry too much about these worthless glvc COY honors. Should have Hesser and this lady received them now and before? Probably. GLVC COY isn't putting more butts in the seats or getting them a better gig. Getting to the NCAA and making true title runs do. I'll take that over any conf COY or mini tourney bs.
    The only ones who get a chubby for this award are
    The likes of JMH and used car salesmen.

Maybe other coaches feel sorry for him. Knowing he never gonna move up or do anything in the tourney.

Comment

Edited: I was thinking of the wrong year
      Last edited by Tyler Madsen; 03-07-2017, 07:00 AM.

Comment

G-MAC will hold their own...no one will beat Ashland.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
          G-MAC will hold their own...no one will beat Ashland.
          Not saying it will happen again, but what happened to Ashland last year?

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
            Was very impressed with the new big coming off the bench too. Both of them shoot the 3 very well which opens up the middle when they have to defend that. Very tough to guard against.
            Weyer and Cook are the main reason that I suspect Bellarmine will be better next year than this year, even losing Al and Rusty. Coles has shown himself to be very capable point guard and the combination of Weyer and Cook is a considerable upgrade from Rusty and George on the front line. The front line of Weyer-Cook-Eberhard is potentially dominating. Throw in the usual JUCO or D1 ready to play transfer and watch out.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
              Throw in the usual JUCO or D1 ready to play transfer and watch out.
              Not sure that is necessary. Bach and Jenkins will fill the 2 position quite well. Taylor, Hunter and Ramser will add the depth needed in the frontcourt. Fleming will see some time as well backing up the point and getting experience for taking over the next year. Any JUCO or transfer would have to absolutely prove that he could fit in with this team and not screw up the chemistry.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                Not sure that is necessary. Bach and Jenkins will fill the 2 position quite well. Taylor, Hunter and Ramser will add the depth needed in the frontcourt. Fleming will see some time as well backing up the point and getting experience for taking over the next year. Any JUCO or transfer would have to absolutely prove that he could fit in with this team and not screw up the chemistry.
                "Necessary" is not the point. Scotty has added one or two very effective transfers just about every season. There is no reason to think he won't do it again. He no doubt has the luxury of choosing from a pretty big pool and has been very good at finding players who fit. You are correct, however, that the team will be very good whether he adds a transfer or not.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                  I think you bring up an excellent point with regards to chemistry. I will take your team for example. Going into last year I thought you guys were absolutely loaded with talent and a huge front line by D2 standards. You had a good season but from my view a little under-achieving. More likely chemistry issues. So fast forward to this pre-season and when the rankings came out and you guys were top 5 I could not believe it losing all that front line size and talent (no offense). But here we are now and no matter what happens in the tourney, I think you guys have a really nice team and better than last year. Of course your players have improved but you can just tell by watching they have great chemistry.

I agree with you that bringing in a transfer to this team could be very risky. Also the player that missed all that time with a concussion looks like he could really help the team next year, he seems to possess good talent and poise to step in to a bigger role.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsepower View Post
                    I think you bring up an excellent point with regards to chemistry. I will take your team for example. Going into last year I thought you guys were absolutely loaded with talent and a huge front line by D2 standards. You had a good season but from my view a little under-achieving. More likely chemistry issues. So fast forward to this pre-season and when the rankings came out and you guys were top 5 I could not believe it losing all that front line size and talent (no offense). But here we are now and no matter what happens in the tourney, I think you guys have a really nice team and better than last year. Of course your players have improved but you can just tell by watching they have great chemistry.

I agree with you that bringing in a transfer to this team could be very risky. Also the player that missed all that time with a concussion looks like he could really help the team next year, he seems to possess good talent and poise to step in to a bigger role.
                    Very good observation and exactly what I was trying to explain. The difference in this year's team is they are all of the same attitude-team first and listen to the coach (ok, Eberhard becoming all-world helped a little bit too.) There were a couple of issues with last year's team. One happened to go play for KWC. The other was not such that he was a bad kid, he just wasn't as coachable. He spent too many years trying to make it in D1 and just got in bad habits. Scotty is pretty demanding on his players and a kid has to conform to his regime to make it. I know one of the issues was not a transfer but new guys tend to be where the poison to the chemistry comes from.

The kid who had the concussion is Daniel Ramser. He is a sophomore from Trinity. Very good shooter with some size so he can be a 2 or a 3. He was MVP of that last game. Came in and gave up two fouls when BU had 2 to give at the end of the half so Lewis could not score. Greatest 25 seconds! Ha!

Comment

2017 GLVC Awards

Award for best goat meat goes to...(drum roll in back ground)

Kenny Bos-Jah 🐐

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post

Kenny Bos-Jah 
                        Knock it off man, it wasn't even funny the first time, and it sure lost its luster after the first 50 times. And it's super annoying to have to open up every thread to clear out this garbage from my unread posts.

Comment

Well said thank you

Comment

Looks to me like Bosley has the talent to play at any d2 school.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post

Kenny Bos-Jah 🐐
                              My 50/50 money was on Vic Due-Diligence

Comment

I see the all region first and second team has come out. Adam Eberhard is second team, which is an honor and I am sure he is glad for the recognition. Anybody who has seen the regional, however, knows that there is no way that Eberhard is not at least the second best player in the region, arguably behind only Hankins. My prejudiced view is that Eberhard is the best player in the region because he is by far the most versatile. I wish I could clip and paste from game video, but do yourself a favor, go to http://www.glvcsn.com/bellarmine/ and call up the first round game against Parkside and go to about 9:26 left in the first half and watch the next 8 seconds of the game. Best individual play I have seen all year.
                                Last edited by Knightmoves; 03-13-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X