X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueBlood
    replied
    Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

A Tiffin move would definetly give Ashland a reason to "take a look at it".

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Found it (or something similar)

Ashland Football Coach Lee Owens said he recently met with Ashland President Dr. Carlos Campo and was told the university should watch the G-MAC's growth. He said if the G-MAC becomes a solid league and if it's a good fit for all of Ashland's teams, the university should consider taking a look at it.

Canton Repository 2/8/2016

Leave a comment:

• ABjo
    replied

Yeah, 10 is good. :)

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by UFSwimDad View Post
    Having looked at the map that was provided to is on here, ( thank you by the way) I have toggled off everything except D2 schools and it's striking to me how Ashland is now on an island, assuming Tiffin is in fact joining the GMAC,with the closest conference foe being in Michigan. I cannot help but think that that has to weigh on their minds. If you could bring in a group that includes Ashland, UINDY, Bellarmine, Tiffin and a good football school in WV, that would certainly go a long way in helping football. Might even take a second WV school since this would most likely fource TVN out. Has anyone heard of any NAIA schools getting their papers in order?
    We know that Tiffin is definitely considering it (even sending an email to their alumni confirming it). Also, the Ashland AD was quoted as saying that they would certainly have to consider the G-MAC if it becomes a "viable conference." I had a link to the Ashland quote in this thread prior to the whole message board crashing. I just looked for the newspaper article, but couldn't find it. Its out there somewhere. So, those two are very realistic. If you could get UIndy (or another football school), that would bring it to 11 football schools (10 conference games). Do you need any more conference games than that?

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by ABjo View Post
    The G-MAC needs to get it's house in order on the football side... I see that both Malone and OD have only found 2 OOC games in the first 4 weeks of the season. We need more football playing members or folks will start getting antsy. Haven't seen KWC's schedule yet. Not sure if their having issues with the first 4 weeks or not.
    I have no clue if KWC is having trouble filling the schedule persay, but I would point out that we've been having to fill our schedule with tons of games FOREVER so it may be seeming tougher on those other guys because they've not had to do that before thanks to their GLIAC schedules.

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

Having looked at the map that was provided to is on here, ( thank you by the way) I have toggled off everything except D2 schools and it's striking to me how Ashland is now on an island, assuming Tiffin is in fact joining the GMAC,with the closest conference foe being in Michigan. I cannot help but think that that has to weigh on their minds. If you could bring in a group that includes Ashland, UINDY, Bellarmine, Tiffin and a good football school in WV, that would certainly go a long way in helping football. Might even take a second WV school since this would most likely fource TVN out. Has anyone heard of any NAIA schools getting their papers in order?

Leave a comment:

• ABjo
    replied

The G-MAC needs to get it's house in order on the football side... I see that both Malone and OD have only found 2 OOC games in the first 4 weeks of the season. We need more football playing members or folks will start getting antsy. Haven't seen KWC's schedule yet. Not sure if their having issues with the first 4 weeks or not.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

I saw on the MEC thread that the MEC is apparently also considering adding Mens/Womens Swimming and Wrestling as sports. They have 5 schools that offer both Mens and Womens Swimming, and 3 schools that have Wrestling.

Unless they cooperate, this could get interesting (with either conference potentially trying to poach associate members from the other).

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

After a rough 0-8 start, CU baseball is now 4-9. Nothing to brag about, but they seemed to have turned a bit of a corner.

As stated earlier, CU did FL a bit different this year. Instead of just coming down here and playing a bunch of northern teams in Clearwater, they moved around and played a lot of FL and GA teams that were already a few weeks into their season. It will be interesting to see how they do against MW regional and conference foes.

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    Notre Dame, Tiffin and Ashland all have wrestling and men's and women's swimming, as does Wheeling Jesuit(no football). The GLIAC currently has four schools with wrestling...Findlay, Lake Erie, Tiffin and Ashland and two of them are leaving. :D

Same for UINDY and Bellarmine

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied

Notre Dame, Tiffin and Ashland all have wrestling and men's and women's swimming, as does Wheeling Jesuit(no football). The GLIAC currently has four schools with wrestling...Findlay, Lake Erie, Tiffin and Ashland and two of them are leaving. :D

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
    Conference business I find interesting:

- Wheeling Jesuit has been listed on the 2017-2018 MLAX conference schedule for a few months now. There has been no formal announcement/confirmation of this relationship from either WJU or the G-MAC.

- The G-MAC will have 6 WSWIM teams next year, which is enough teams to sponsor the sport. You would think that the conference will want to sponsor it. However, the conference website does not list a schedule for the sport under the Member Services - Schedules section. 2017-2018 schedules are listed for all other sports.

- The G-MAC will only have 4 MSWIM and WRESTLING schools. No idea what the plan there is. Maybe there isn't one. However, its crossed my mind that maybe they are delaying info regarding WSWIM (which seems like a no-brainer) until they have MSWIM (and maybe even WRESTLING) figured out.

- If they figure MSWIM and WRESTLING out, the G-MAC will be one of the few conferences to sponsor that many sports. The GLVC doesn't, the MEC doesn't, the GSC doesn't, even the 18-member PSAC doesn't. They aren't there yet, but just the prospect of doing it is pretty incredible considering the G-MAC back-story.
    You may be on to something here. I think it means that the league is in some sort of negotiation with schools that would not only fill out the football league with is in need of a few teams to make the conference schedule better, but also schools that will add to the six women's swim team and the 4 men's teams. I do know that for swimming the are looking to have at least 8. I wouldn't even know how many teams would be needed for wrestling. I just take from this as we should be hearing something the May or June about additional teams.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Conference business I find interesting:

- Wheeling Jesuit has been listed on the 2017-2018 MLAX conference schedule for a few months now. There has been no formal announcement/confirmation of this relationship from either WJU or the G-MAC.

- The G-MAC will have 6 WSWIM teams next year, which is enough teams to sponsor the sport. You would think that the conference will want to sponsor it. However, the conference website does not list a schedule for the sport under the Member Services - Schedules section. 2017-2018 schedules are listed for all other sports.

- The G-MAC will only have 4 MSWIM and WRESTLING schools. No idea what the plan there is. Maybe there isn't one. However, its crossed my mind that maybe they are delaying info regarding WSWIM (which seems like a no-brainer) until they have MSWIM (and maybe even WRESTLING) figured out.

- If they figure MSWIM and WRESTLING out, the G-MAC will be one of the few conferences to sponsor that many sports (23). The GLVC doesn't, the MEC doesn't, the GSC doesn't. They aren't there yet, but just the prospect of doing it is pretty incredible considering the G-MAC back-story.
    Last edited by BlueBlood; 03-21-2017, 12:33 PM. Reason: Originally thought PSAC would even have less sports offerings - but forgot that they sponsor field hockey. So, in my scenario, the PSAC and G-MAC would both offer 23 sports

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

Oilers advance! Sweet 16 baby!

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Really nice G-MAC (and future G-MAC) showing at Track and Field Nationals. All-Americans by school:

Findlay: 12
    Cedarville: 8
    Hillsdale: 7
    Walsh: 6
    Ursuline: 2
    Malone: 1
    Last edited by BlueBlood; 03-12-2017, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X