X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDonAB92
    replied
    Re: G-MAC Basketball

Bad stuff on Trevecca in second half. Bosley could have gotten hurt real bad on a drive to the basket. That was should have been a Flagrant 1 at worse. It could have been Flagrant 2. That was completely unnecessary. He was thrown down by Trevecca player. That was brutal!

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

And I am not saying Trevecca wasn't out of line from what I saw in the 1st half. I think they were. My thing is that I don't know what else the officials could have done in the 1st half. I only have seen 1st half. Ejecting the Trevecca kid who got hit with the T could have been warranted. Their coach should have taken a few players out of the game for sure.

I do think a lot of this is going on because rivalries in this league are developing. Apparently this wasn't the only game where some chirping occurred. At the same time, it should not be malicious. I haven't seen the 2nd half. The foul on Jacks was poor and he could have got hurt worse.

I have griped twice about officiating this year. We lost ourselves up at IUP but the call at the end was blatant. But we had our chances. WAU happens. I was more upset by the Ursuline calls. If I watched the game again, I probably am wrong. I am not blaming any one for being upset. We lost our top player last year for an unwarranted foul on a breakaway slam. It is upsetting.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Bo-cook as in a chef.

Our announcers have called him Bo-Cock which is not correct.
    Lol I bet that one's a hit with his teammates though. So if it were two names it would be like Beau Cook. That's what I thought but for some reason our guy was taking the first part and making it into Boo.

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

Bo-cook as in a chef.

Our announcers have called him Bo-Cock which is not correct.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Completely off topic, the AB player named Bocook - is that pronounced like it looks or is it pronounced like Boo-cook? Because our announcer was saying it like Boo-cook and I was scratching my head b/c that's not what it looks like...

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    It might help if we reviewed the rules concerning fouls. Elbows rules are not the only IIs that can be called.

I do suggest we move on and do not allow plays to affect sportsmanship on here.
    I never said that. I said that the foul that occurred on Jacks was a Flagrant 1. I am looking at pg. 47 and pg. 48 of the rulebook and pasted the definition here.

c. Flagrant 1 personal foul. A flagrant 1 personal foul is a personal foul that
    is deemed excessive in nature and/or unnecessary, but is not based solely
    on the severity of the act. Examples include, but are not limited to:
    1. Causing excessive contact with an opponent;
    2. Contact that is not a legitimate attempt to play the ball or player,
    specifically designed to stop or keep the clock from starting;
    3. Pushing or holding a player from behind to prevent a score;
    2-BasketballRule from JC.indd 47 8/5/2013 9:09:28 AM
    48 Rule 4 / Definitions
    4. Fouling a player clearly away from the ball who is not directly
    involved with the play, specifically designed to stop or keep the clock
    from starting; and
    5. Contact with a player making a throw-in.
    6. Illegal contact caused by swinging of an elbow which is deemed
    excessive or unnecessary but does not rise to the level of a flagrant 2
    personal foul (see Rule 4-18.7)

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    For the record, almost all D2 conferences review every game any ways. The supervisor of officials, or his assistants, I know in the PSAC and MEC reviews every single game tape and gives feedback to officials, and it is less than nice. I doubt the G-MAC does it any different. Even the PAC (D-III) does the same thing.

I did not see the double T in the first half huddle incident. The ref could have ejected the Trevecca player because he definitely put hands on players and initiated the thing. I would assume someone said something to him. I didn't realize that was a double technical because of no audio and Trevecca not shooting any shots. The play-by-play does show double technical however.
    Correct, there were no shots because the T's were offsetting. We were already at the line to shoot on a regular foul, which is why we did get to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

While we're talking rules and no-calls...

I've noticed all season in game after game that a player that has the ball and falls down (not maintaining their dribble) is not being called for traveling. Is that a rule change? Or did I just not understand how that was supposed to work all along?

I know that if a player's on the ground and they stand up, or roll around, or whatever that is definitely a travel. But what I'm talking about is a player has the ball while on his feet, and he loses his footing and falls, keeping the ball. Or, sometimes a player goes up for a rebound, secures the ball in the air, then fails to land cleanly on his feet and falls. I thought that was a travel. But I've seen game after game where one of those happens and the guy is able to move his upper body around, and in some cases even sit up from a laying position and pass the ball away, without anything being called at all.

To further specify - I've seen this for various teams. Both KWC and our opponents. It's not anything partisan, it's gone both ways.

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

For the record, almost all D2 conferences review every game any ways. The supervisor of officials, or his assistants, I know in the PSAC and MEC reviews every single game tape and gives feedback to officials, and it is less than nice. I doubt the G-MAC does it any different. Even the PAC (D-III) does the same thing.

I did not see the double T in the first half huddle incident. The ref could have ejected the Trevecca player because he definitely put hands on players and initiated the thing. I would assume someone said something to him. I didn't realize that was a double technical because of no audio and Trevecca not shooting any shots. The play-by-play does show double technical however.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

It might help if we reviewed the rules concerning fouls. Elbows rules are not the only IIs that can be called.

I do suggest we move on and do not allow plays to affect sportsmanship on here.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Well, the T that was called with the guy getting after our huddle was actually a double T. They made sure to get our guy as well.

In the second half I'm not sure right off "when" clock-wise it was, but the two plays were within the same minute or so on the clock. Our guy that was dumped on his head was still at the end of the bench being tended to by our trainer when Derk caught the elbow to the head. And to be clear, the elbow itself I don't believe was intentional - in that particular case I was much more interested in the fact that our guy got position, went up and claimed the rebound and landed, and the TNU player landed on his back and head cutting him open, with no call. And a ref standing RIGHT THERE - like 3 feet or less away. That was mind boggling - and especially in a game that had seen some real chippy play to that point it was especially ridiculous not to call that clear over the back foul.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

When I grab someone around the waist they do not fall. When I push someone in the back they flip and fall. Jacks has had many break a way dunks this is the first time a player from behind grabbed his waist and knocked him down.

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

I am not anti-KWC by any stretch. I like Osborne more than you think. He has done a good job. If KWC wins the G-MAC, I will pull for them to win it all if they make it out of region....even over teams from WV.

I watched the first half yesterday and again today since I am off work. I will watch the second half later.

The call on the breakaway slam, I believe where Jacks was intentionally grabbed around the waist, was correct by the official. It was a flagrant 1 foul and KWC got two foul shots there and the ball. It was the right call because he could have gotten hurt there. It was not flagrant 2 because he did not go above the shoulders, swing elbow or start a fight. It was stupid though. The player tried to grab him around the waist while going for a slam. That was bad, but the refs did the only thing they could do there and call it flagrant 1. I agree it is bad on Trevecca's part there. But hard to criticize the ref there. I believe the coach left him in the game

I will say when the KWC white guard went in for the layup and there was a foul. He hit hard. It is at the 41:00 mark of the video. The Trevecca kid went for the ball and it was not a hard foul. He tried a circus shot to try and get the bucket and landed real hard. But I watched it six times and it was not a malicious foul. It is there to watch. It looked hard because of how he landed.

The refs called two technicals on two players that seemed to be engaged in verbal exchanges. The first was on the KWC big who seemed to engage in trash-talking after the Trevecca big was pushing in the middle. It occurred after a KWC basket. That same Trevecca player was rightfully "T" up for going after someone in the KWC huddle while KWC was huddled at the foul line. It was a correct technical foul as well.

I am not trying to start any thing here either. I have only watched the 1st half. It was definitely chippy. Osborne was upset on one call they didn't make. The Trevecca player went for the block and appeared to get it clean but landed body on the KWC player afterwards. It wasn't malicious to be truthful. He went for the ball. He does have a gripe there was contact after the block.

When did the trouble occur 2nd half?

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

True about Percy. I assume ky. guys know him well. Several times he and our players showed sportsmanship toward each other. It is a show of being a coward to undercut a player.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

By the way, Percy Blade is a classy player. And I mean that. Regardless of what his teammates may or may not have done, he has showed good sportsmanship every time I've seen him play. He's the type of player that you want to hate when you're playing against them but you can't quite bring yourself to do so. Again - just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X