Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 GNAC Recruiting Thread

2020 Isaiah Moses 5’11 guard from Dimond High in Anchorage Ak has verbally committed to UAA.

Moses is a ultra quick, athletic guard that also had D1 offers but elected to stay in state. 1st team all-State player as a junior and a co-favorite for POY for Alaska this season. Moses, who is relentless attacking the basket, also shot 46% from 3 last year.

CWU has signed 6'9" center Kyson Rose from Kamiakin HS in the Tri Cities. https://wildcatsports.com/news/2019/...kins-rose.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage View Post
      2020 Isaiah Moses 5’11 guard from Dimond High in Anchorage Ak has verbally committed to UAA.

Moses is a ultra quick, athletic guard that also had D1 offers but elected to stay in state. 1st team all-State player as a junior and a co-favorite for POY for Alaska this season. Moses, who is relentless attacking the basket, also shot 46% from 3 last year.
      Moses went up against McDonalds All-American and #1 point guard in the country Daishen Nix...outscored him 42-19 and kept his team in the game til the final seconds.

Get ready for the show next year GNAC fans, this kid is at another level.

https://twitter.com/mk_burgess/statu...216517632?s=21

https://www.facebook.com/37726949236...935375776/?d=n
      Last edited by Anchorage; 01-26-2020, 02:05 AM.

Comment

https://thecannonnetwork.com/2020/02/incoming-freshmen-im-excited-to-follow/

GNAC represented on the Cannon Networks exciting incoming freshmen list with -

Kyson Rose of CWU
        Mason Machado of Northwest Naz
        Isaiah Moses of UAA

Comment

6’0 SG Jersey Truesdell from Soldotna (AK) HS becomes the first member of the UAF 2020-21 recruiting class. Undersized guard who can really fill up the score sheet with big scoring numbers. Jersey was an all-state QB, with college football offers, underscoring his overall athletic ability.

Comment

6’0 SG Jersey Truesdell from Soldotna (AK) HS becomes the first member of the UAF 2020-21 recruiting class. Undersized guard who can really fill up the score sheet with big scoring numbers. Jersey was an all-state QB, with college football offers, underscoring his overall athletic ability.
            Nice get, where's Soldotna?

Comment

Soldotna is like 177 miles south of Anchorage — small fishing based town with a damn good football program and a solid school system. Like a lot of Alaska, it’s pretty in the summer (2 months) and cold all winter!

Comment

Interesting note for Jersey. In last years 4A state tournament (as a junior), he scored 82 of his teams 131 points for the tournament. I’m interested to see what he does learning behind Shabazz for a year. He is a dominate the ball type play maker like Shabazz...not as quick obviously but quick enough. I could see him being a difference maker his junior and senior seasons after a couple years of development.

Comment

I like that both Alaska schools pay attention to their own state and recruit the good high school players in their backyard ... and yes, it is a very big backyard.

Comment

I have not seen any confirmation from the team, but I follow their mentions on Twitter. Former Concordia (Or) wing Hunter Sweet has committed to UAA for his Senior year. He averaged 12 ppg and shot over 40% from 3 point range and was honorable mention all-GNAC. That’s a pretty good get, a wing shooter is a definite need and Hunter has shown he can play in the GNAC.
                    Last edited by Anchorage; 04-04-2020, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I have not seen any confirmation from the team, but I follow their mentions on Twitter. Former Concordia (Or) wing Hunter Sweet has committed to UAA for his Senior year. He averaged 12 ppg and shot over 40% from 3 point range and was honorable mention all-GNAC. That’s a pretty good get, a wing shooter is a definite need and Hunter has shown he can play in the GNAC.
                      That's a really good get, Sweet is a proven, quality D2 player, who can score and shoot it well outside. No guessing if he can play in the GNAC, he's done it.

Comment

Concordia teammate, Dakota Ayala, one of the better power forwards in the GNAC is going to WWU too.

Comment

From Twitter: UAA adds 6’2 SG Tyson Gilbert, previously of D2 CSU-Pueblo. Gilbert averaged 11 pts and shot 43% from 3pt range last season. He has 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Comment

From Twitter: UAA adds 6’2 SG Tyson Gilbert, previously of D2 CSU-Pueblo. Gilbert averaged 11 pts and shot 43% from 3pt range last season. He has 2 years of eligibility remaining.
                            UAA picking up a lot of fine transfer recruits, including guys who can really shoot the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

UAA picking up a lot of fine transfer recruits, including guys who can really shoot the ball.
                              They are losing a ton of shooting! If they want to keep playing the same style it had to be a priority to replace it. But exactly they seem to be looking for proven guys that can play at this level.

This can be a double edged sword...are you bringing another teams problem? But we know what happened to Sweet with Concordia. With this guy if you look at verbal commits transfer portal, there are like 7 CSU-Pueblo guys on there. Apparently it wasn’t going well with the coach they hired prior to last season. These look to be situations that were out of these kids control.

I also saw on verbal commits they have an offer out for a 6’9 Czech forward from Oggie’s old JC (Eastern Utah St). This guy seems to be more of a face up forward than a back to the basket center. I think the guy has a D1 offer though...those battles don’t usually break in favor of the D2 school. So I wouldn’t expect him in a Seawolves uniform. So it does appear they are at least monitoring the big man market for additional depth/diversity in skills.
                              Last edited by Anchorage; 04-05-2020, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X