Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My West Regional Rankings (real ones come out Wednesday)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My West Regional Rankings (real ones come out Wednesday)

1. UCSD
    2. Azusa Pacific
    3. Cal San Bernardino
    4. CPP
    5. Sea PAC
    6. PT Loma
    7. Chico St.
    8. Concordia Irvine
    9. Chaminade
    10. Western Oregon.

Looks to me that the CCAA will get 4 teams while Pac West gets 3 and GNAC gets 1. I still think Western Oregon can win the GNAC tourney and create chaos.

Hey Billy! I don't know a whole lot about what's going on in the CCAA or Pac West, but it sure will be interesting to see the first set of regional rankings this week. I would agree with your assessment that the GNAC will not get many teams to the regional this year. One team with no chaos in the GNAC tourney and a SPU win there; but would also agree that there is a higher probability than normal of chaos at the GNAC tourney. SPU is wholly beatable, it's just a matter of whether the right team can put themselves in that position (I think getting the first round bye is key, and up for grabs right now). WOU's got the talent, NNU looked physically capable and mentally tough yesterday and although I would not like to see WWU do it, they have the talent, if not the mental toughness or organization. UAA, UAF, and CWU could make some noise but I don't think either team can win 3 in a row at the tourney with the amount of inconsistency they've all had this year and they are not in great position to get that first round bye now... But... two more weeks left for chaos to reign.

Comment

PacWest spots in there look right. Point Loma has hit the skids at just about the worst possible time, losing 3 in a row at home. Chaminade had Concordia beat last night in Irvine, but blew a six-point lead in the final two minutes. You have to be able to hold onto the ball. Sometimes it really is that simple.

Comment

Yeah chaminade completely ran out of gas on this long road trip. They will be kicking themselves for sure. Concordia finally got their first quality win. All of this probably won't mean a hill of beans as UCSD is far and away the best team.

Comment

Good list, I'm a GNAC honk and think SPU should be higher, but I haven't checked out all the schedules.

Comment

I just remember cpp dominating them up at sea pac in November and I think Chico st did as well..just not very athletic, but what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBronco3 View Post
              I just remember cpp dominating them up at sea pac in November and I think Chico st did as well..just not very athletic, but what do I know.
              Probably right, more of a good team than outstanding individual talent. Really well coached.

Comment

I posted this in the "Regional ranking predictions" thread under General Discussion.
                1. UC San Diego (24-1)
                2. Azusa Pacific (21-3)
                3. Cal Poly Pomona (17-5)
                4. Chico State (17-6)
                5. Cal State San Bernardino (18-5)
                6. Seattle Pacific (18-5)
                7. Point Loma Nazarene (17-6)
                8. Concordia CA (18-7)
                9. Western Oregon (16-6)
                10. Chaminade (15-6)
                If these rankings went to 16, it's possible five of the six additions would be from the GNAC. For now, Western Oregon isn't helped by their only games against other teams in this top 10 being a sweep at the hands of Seattle Pacific. As for SPU, they're in good shape to get in, but not to get a high seed, as three of their five losses came to the current #2, #3, and #4.

I feel pretty confident in these ten, in some order, being the ten in the official rankings.

Comment

Looks like the official ranking goes like this:

1) UCSD
                  2) APU
                  3) CPP
                  4) Chico
                  5) Bernardino
                  6) SPU
                  7) PLU
                  8) WOU
                  9) WWU
                  10) Concordia (CA)

And after that if you check out the rest of the West rankings and region RPI, it goes:

11 - Chaminade 543
                  12 - Stanislaus 536
                  13 - UAA 519
                  14 - NNU 516

Comment

I'm very happy to where my broncos landed. Would be a nice matchup in the first round. Plenty of time left in the season. CPP has a sneaky tough road swing through LA Thurs/Sat. Hope they can play well. 2 weeks to go before conference tourneys..one of my favorite times of the year!

Comment

For the CCAA, Stanislaus lost to Humboldt, Bernardino lost to Dominguez, and CPP lost to LA. For the Pac West, Chaminade lost to Fresno and Concordia lost to Dominican. For the GNAC, SPU lost to WWU and WOU lost to NNU...

So, for top 10... something like this:

1) UCSD
                      2) APU
                      3) Chico
                      4) CPP
                      5) Bernardino
                      6) SPU
                      7) PLU
                      8) WWU

9) WOU
                      10) NNU

Just a guess. Not sure NNU gets into the top 10 with a home win over the previous #8 team. Not really sure where all the California games were played and who was at home versus who was on the road when they lost.

Comment

As was posted in the conference tournament thread, this weeks results are this:

1) UCSD
                        2) APU
                        3) CPP
                        4) Chico
                        5) SPU
                        6) Bernardino
                        7) Point Loma
                        8) WWU

9) NNU
                        10) WOU

That makes 4 GNAC schools, 4 CCAA schools (much higher than the respective GNAC schools) and 2 PacWest schools in the top 10. I'd say that's representative of the conferences this year a bit... GNAC is ultra-competitive, but not a lot of top teams this year. Maybe the PacWest folks would disagree...

Comment

Only 8 go to regionals. NNU has a bad loss to Cal State L.A. in non-league. WOU cruised through non-league, best win at home over Dixie, regional wins over middling teams Stanislaus and San Francisco State, and a victory over the worst team in the PacWest in Notre Dame de Namur. The killer for WOU was losing to both Alaska schools out of the gate, and perhaps NNU at home, though NNU is good this year. Wolves also lost OT games at NNU, at WWU, and at home vs. SPU; and lost by one at SPU. Lots of missed opportunities there, still a good season.
                          Last edited by tsull; 02-26-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

If they match my broncos with another CCAA opponent again, I'm going go crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
                              As was posted in the conference tournament thread, this weeks results are this:

1) UCSD
                              2) APU
                              3) CPP
                              4) Chico
                              5) SPU
                              6) Bernardino
                              7) Point Loma
                              8) WWU

9) NNU
                              10) WOU

That makes 4 GNAC schools, 4 CCAA schools (much higher than the respective GNAC schools) and 2 PacWest schools in the top 10. I'd say that's representative of the conferences this year a bit... GNAC is ultra-competitive, but not a lot of top teams this year. Maybe the PacWest folks would disagree...
                              I won't disagree. APU was lucky to have their one hiccup way back in December. Point Loma seems to have righted the ship, but now Concordia has fallen to pieces. They lost at home to Dominican, and then lost tonight at Biola. Now their senior night game on ESPN3 against Azusa, which looked earlier in the year like it could be for the conference title, is a must win for Concordia just to tie for third. If they lose, they fall behind a Chaminade team they swept.

Meanwhile, who knows what to make of the battle for 2nd in the CCAA? San Bernardino swept Pomona (both in OT), Pomona swept Chico, Chico won at San Bernardino in their only meeting, and handed UCSD their only loss, but I have no idea who gets the 2 if they all win Saturday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X