Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer guys

Two dudes leaving MSU-Billings, no idea how good they are. The JC dude at NNU I hyped during the off-season is out of Nampa, he rarely played and boy did I misjudge him. He just wasn't very good. I thought coach Rush hit on another Arms or Alley ... boy was I way off. These guys' options are D3 or NAIA or no collegiate hoop, nothing wrong with any of those options, just sayin'.

Ezekiel Alley, NNU's standout guard and one of the top D2 players in the country (IMO) and perhaps the best in the West, will transfer out. If it was a normal/non-pandemic year, he would've finished his eligibility this year anyway. I see him at a West Coast D1 mid-major conference. I believe he's from Arizona and went to Fullerton (Calif.) College before NNU.

Comment

Brendan Howard of MSU-Billings gone. One of the GNAC's best, 20 ppg. two years ago, former GNAC newcomer of the year. Already redshirted one year at EWU, guessing he stays D2, but just a hunch. Big time player:

Comment

D1/D2 transfer list just hit 1000 players.

Apparently there are a lot of these dudes that think they are better than they really are.

The class of 2021 thanks these transfers for freeing up scholarships that they previously were being boxed out from due to the extra year of eligibility granted current players.

Given how many transfers there are nationwide...so far many of the GNAC schools have done pretty good keeping their teams in tact to this point. Hopefully that continuity translates to a high overall level of play next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage View Post
          D1/D2 transfer list just hit 1000 players.

Apparently there are a lot of these dudes that think they are better than they really are.

The class of 2021 thanks these transfers for freeing up scholarships that they previously were being boxed out from due to the extra year of eligibility granted current players.

Given how many transfers there are nationwide...so far many of the GNAC schools have done pretty good keeping their teams in tact to this point. Hopefully that continuity translates to a high overall level of play next season.
          Great points and I also like that the GNAC for the most part kept their top players. Western Oregon lost a really good forward in Etan Collins, who started 2 years ago but redshirted last year and he needed to get on the court this year, so he went to a junior college in Florida. Other than that, the Wolves kept all but one more of their players and kept intact a really good recruiting class.

Alaska Fairbanks lost a guy today, I don't know how good he is but for the most part that program and Anchorage kept their players intact, both should be very good next year. Central Washington and Seattle Pacific hung on to their players, they also both should be good next year.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
            Brendan Howard of MSU-Billings gone. One of the GNAC's best, 20 ppg. two years ago, former GNAC newcomer of the year. Already redshirted one year at EWU, guessing he stays D2, but just a hunch. Big time player:
            Grad transfer, like with Zeke Alley. Billings not really a place to stick around longer than ya have to. Tons of grad transfers this year who are graduating but get the extra year to play.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

Grad transfer, like with Zeke Alley. Billings not really a place to stick around longer than ya have to. Tons of grad transfers this year who are graduating but get the extra year to play.
              Howard was a junior last year, not a senior. He has two years left.

Comment

Howard was a junior last year, not a senior. He has two years left.
                Yeah but since he is graduating he will not have to sit a year and will get to play two years as a grad player

Comment

Looks like former UAF player Alex Sommerfeld and former I believe CWU player Kevin Baker have transferred to NAIA Power Lewis and Clark St.

Comment

For the most part, the GNAC has kept rosters fairly intact. National D2 power Northern State lost their top 4 players and some bench guys. Granted, Parker Fox has 200+ D-1 offers, including most of the Big 10 and he also graduated, but still...

In D1, University of Portland lost close to 10 guys, Utah and Cincy have lost a bundle.

* One correction: WOU lost 3 guys last fall to the portal in Collins, Gant, and Lubom ... I left out Lubom before. He went to CSU-San Bernadino, where they had their season cancelled, just like WOU.

Comment

In D1, University of Portland lost close to 10 guys, Utah and Cincy have lost a bundle.
                      WOW! Portland is losing all but TWO guys who played last season, the two lowest scorers and least used players. The former EWU coach will really have some work to do.

Comment

Comment

Howard signed with North Dakota in D1.

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...ta/7328388002/

Comment

From the if you can't beat them join them department in reverse, NNU's Ezekiel Ally goes to Portland State. The Vikings remember him well as I believe he scored 28 off of PSU last year in a Nighthawks win.

Comment

Not that many care, but former GNAC player Adonis Arms is packing his bags again to Texas Tech. He went to a JC for two years, one year at NNU, then to Winthrop, where he had to sit out one year for transfer rules, then another playing last year. Last season didn't count however, so I think he has one year left. In his defense, his coach at Winthrop left for another job.

Arms averaged 10 ppg last year while starting zero games, but was third on the team in scoring, so I'm guessing 6th man. Four schools in 5 years, wow, though not unusual in today's world.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X