Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there for the 2nd half of the Alaska rivalry. Wow the Nanooks brought the energy! What a run!

Comment

CWU vs UAF final

Comment

Wow CWU nearly choked there. Part of me was expecting WOU to get a buzzer beater knowing CWU's luck when it comes to being on the wrong end of those. So when the basket didn't drop I was so relieved I couldn't even properly celebrate the win. First CWU championship appearance since they won it all 11 years ago! Great to see both CWU teams in the championship. I may have to call in sick from work tomorrow!

Comment

And how fitting is it that Coach Greg Sparling and his son Coleman finally made it to the GNAC Championship, but representing UAF and playing against CWU. Tomorrow's game is going to be one for the ages!

Comment

I did not think UAF would get by UAA, because we almost never do (was hoping for a competitive game). But, they managed to keep Pantovic from taking the game over inside (Coleman played really, really good defense on him and was back to being a rebounding warrior) and they got a couple of their guards out of sorts and I was shocked at how sloppy UAA looked at times. Was really glad to see Huerta get back into scoring rhythm; he can be sneaky and an important factor in keeping the team from going too out of control. Mohamed has come so far this season; that guy was tangling up his arms and legs early on and he's really built up a good post game and has remained tricky for other teams to guard. Shadeed clearly thrives when things are nearer to chaos than a controlled tempo, and when they can execute together and thread that needle between control and wild energy, they really are tough. I'd point out that they have played the fewest home games of any other GNAC team this season, but WOU is right behind them in that and as hard as it has been for them to figure it out, that has clearly helped toughen them up as they come into their own late.

I wanted to meet CWU again, because the game in Ellensburg was sooo good. Now I'm hoping UAF can find some gas for tonight; there were times last night that they looked gassed and started making poor decisions, but then they would corral things again. If they can find the gas for tonight, thread that needle with controlling tempo to their own energy but stay disciplined on defense and keeping track of fouls and adjusting to the game as the refs call it, it should be good.

Comment

I was surprised how Shabazz stayed in the game with 4 fouls like that. Solid veteran leader. Pantovic's leg got a bit banged up too. I'm so excited for tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
                I did not think UAF would get by UAA, because we almost never do (was hoping for a competitive game). But, they managed to keep Pantovic from taking the game over inside (Coleman played really, really good defense on him and was back to being a rebounding warrior) and they got a couple of their guards out of sorts and I was shocked at how sloppy UAA looked at times. Was really glad to see Huerta get back into scoring rhythm; he can be sneaky and an important factor in keeping the team from going too out of control. Mohamed has come so far this season; that guy was tangling up his arms and legs early on and he's really built up a good post game and has remained tricky for other teams to guard. Shadeed clearly thrives when things are nearer to chaos than a controlled tempo, and when they can execute together and thread that needle between control and wild energy, they really are tough. I'd point out that they have played the fewest home games of any other GNAC team this season, but WOU is right behind them in that and as hard as it has been for them to figure it out, that has clearly helped toughen them up as they come into their own late.

I wanted to meet CWU again, because the game in Ellensburg was sooo good. Now I'm hoping UAF can find some gas for tonight; there were times last night that they looked gassed and started making poor decisions, but then they would corral things again. If they can find the gas for tonight, thread that needle with controlling tempo to their own energy but stay disciplined on defense and keeping track of fouls and adjusting to the game as the refs call it, it should be good.

Comment

I'm just not sure what to say. Where are regionals? When? Who are the other teams involved? Wasn't on my radar this year as the GNAC didn't seem to have a team that would be worth following there. Let alone that it would be UAF? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
                    I'm just not sure what to say. Where are regionals? When? Who are the other teams involved? Wasn't on my radar this year as the GNAC didn't seem to have a team that would be worth following there. Let alone that it would be UAF? Wow.
                    When? Friday. Where? We'll know for sure tomorrow night. I'd guess at whomever wins the CCAA final going on now between San Marcos and San Bernardino.

Comment

Great championship win for CWU women vs. Western! Held Vikings to 25% shooting, 8% from 3.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X