Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional updates

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    What in the world happened to UAA? How do they blow that on their home court?
    In the 3rd quarter, SFU shot great (10-14, 4-6 3pt) and UAA shot poorly (3-13, 0-3 3pt), with SFU outscoring UAA 27-7. UAA outscored SFU the other 3 quarters. For the game, SFU was 10-24 from 3; UAA 4-18, plus UAA 12-22 FT. Was one of those nights that makes March such an interesting time in college basketball. I was looking forward to the CBU-UAA game and it is possible that the team might have been doing that a little bit also. But SFU was a very good basketball team that matched up well with UAA, and got hot at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
      WOU scheduled one NAIA team, Fresno Pacific, at least I think they were NAIA. UAA had Portland Bible for 2 games, I think one of them was an exhibition. Maybe one other team, Trinity Western, I don't know their division. Is that the Canadian school?

Azusa Pacific scheduled Bethesda, don't know their classification. CBU schedule Arkansas-Fort Smith, I think NAIA. UC San Diego did a good job keeping it all D2. Again, being in Cali really helps with scheduling as you can drive across town to get a non-league D2 game. Can't do that in the NW and certainly not Alaska. SF State had Dominican and Simpson on the slate, thinking both NAIA though Domincan might be D2, not sure. Chico had Biola, Simpson and something called Union.
      Fresno Pacific is D2 (PacWest)
      Arkansas-Fort Smith is also D2 (Heartland)
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Chico seeded 6th in the Elite Eight. They face Lincoln Memorial (29-5) out of Tennessee. Don't really like that they reseed at this level. How could anyone know how good these teams are relative to each other? None have played each other, and most haven't even played someone who played someone. Whatever they base their rankings on must be pretty weak.

Comment

Originally posted by CCAA_Fanatic View Post
          Chico seeded 6th in the Elite Eight. They face Lincoln Memorial (29-5) out of Tennessee. Don't really like that they reseed at this level. How could anyone know how good these teams are relative to each other? None have played each other, and most haven't even played someone who played someone. Whatever they base their rankings on must be pretty weak.
          Not sure how they should seed it, good question. D2's rarely play out of their region. Last year WOU got Saginaw Valley in the first round and smoked them. I knew they were in trouble with Augustana in the next round. WOU played horribly, but even if they played well, they couldn't matchup with those agile 6-9 guys the eventual champs had on the floor.

I love how D2 works it. The regions actually reflect the geographic regions the teams are in. I think Sacramento is hosting a "South Regional." Yes, when I think of the deep south, I think of Sacramento; and when I think of the north, I think Atlanta.

Comment

Not only do the teams not play out of region that much, the people voting on the seeding don't watch many teams from out of their region during the year.

Hope Chico continues the hot shooting and makes a run. If you guys recall, BYUH made it all the way to the finals as a regional 7 seed, and was within a BS no call on Jet Chang's shot at the buzzer from winning it all.

Comment

Thanks for all the updates! Just back from Spring Break without internet! After watching all the games the first day of regional, I had hoped that Chico and UCSD would play in the final and WOW, they did! Sorry you had to talk to yourself Tsull. Some things in life get planned and you gotta get on with the balancing act of life... I was really impressed with Chico against WWU and since they have a free stream through their season, I had seen them play a few times but that game was great. Very impressed with all of their pieces and would love to see them do well representing the West. Must've been fun for ya CCAA_fanatic, to get two teams into the regional final!

As for the women... I was not surprised to see SFU upset UAA. UAA has a great team and program, but the same can be said for SFU and I really like how Langford orchestrates their game. Glad to see CBU win it too-sounds like they had a lot of talent back from last years team that gave UAA a major run for their money at regionals. UAF women's coach resigned last week. Would love to see UAF find someone to represent the program well, but I'm not that hopeful. Not much money, I presume, lots of logistical problems, not a great history as of late and the weather... Well, you guys have already heard how great the weather is here and are probably sick of hearing it, but it's great, I'll tell you that. Should enhance the recruiting opportunities!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_AK View Post
                Not only do the teams not play out of region that much, the people voting on the seeding don't watch many teams from out of their region during the year.

Hope Chico continues the hot shooting and makes a run. If you guys recall, BYUH made it all the way to the finals as a regional 7 seed, and was within a BS no call on Jet Chang's shot at the buzzer from winning it all.

Jet Chang played out of his mind during that run through the national tournament. I think he had a couple 40+ point games. So fun to watch. Good memories.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
                  Thanks for all the updates! Just back from Spring Break without internet! After watching all the games the first day of regional, I had hoped that Chico and UCSD would play in the final and WOW, they did! Sorry you had to talk to yourself Tsull. Some things in life get planned and you gotta get on with the balancing act of life... I was really impressed with Chico against WWU and since they have a free stream through their season, I had seen them play a few times but that game was great. Very impressed with all of their pieces and would love to see them do well representing the West. Must've been fun for ya CCAA_fanatic, to get two teams into the regional final!

As for the women... I was not surprised to see SFU upset UAA. UAA has a great team and program, but the same can be said for SFU and I really like how Langford orchestrates their game. Glad to see CBU win it too-sounds like they had a lot of talent back from last years team that gave UAA a major run for their money at regionals. UAF women's coach resigned last week. Would love to see UAF find someone to represent the program well, but I'm not that hopeful. Not much money, I presume, lots of logistical problems, not a great history as of late and the weather... Well, you guys have already heard how great the weather is here and are probably sick of hearing it, but it's great, I'll tell you that. Should enhance the recruiting opportunities!
                  Don't forget that CBU has six players from a team which went to the national championship game two years ago. They're probably the most battle tested of this year's women's Elite Eight field.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X