Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

And now you will more than likely have a chance to takeover in a couple of weeks and if you do we will at least theoretically have the chance to take it back. After this past weekend I don't know if there is anyone in SR2 that can knock off the Blazers.
    Strange things can happen when you don't take the team you're facing seriously. But yeah, schedule wise, I don't see North Greenville beating West Georgia. That Halloween matchup with Valdosta?? More interesting to be sure.

Comment

• Wow, all these months I didn't know the man had been unified and we had it here in the GSC. Now that I know, we really have something to play for in a couple weeks if we can get by MC.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post
        Wow, all these months I didn't know the man had been unified and we had it here in the GSC. Now that I know, we really have something to play for in a couple weeks if we can get by MC.
        You guys can get stomped by MC and be just fine. Its all about who's holding the belt when you play them. You beat them and you're The Man. If you're the Man and you don't make the playoffs, the NC of that year gets an interim belt and then both belts are tracked until they are unified.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

You guys can get stomped by MC and be just fine. Its all about who's holding the belt when you play them. You beat them and you're The Man. If you're the Man and you don't make the playoffs, the NC of that year gets an interim belt and then both belts are tracked until they are unified.
          Yea, right, of course, unless UWG loses to NG and then NG Lose to UWA before we play them

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Yea, right, of course, unless UWG loses to NG and then NG Lose to UWA before we play them
            Weird things can happen....

Comment

• The Man trophy truly at risk on October 30 when West Georgia goes to Valdosta State.

Comment

• I wonder how Dean feels when he goes to his old stomping grounds and won the N.C
                <>

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                  I wonder how Dean feels when he goes to his old stomping grounds and won the N.C
                  So, at first he kicks himself for falling for that D1 honey trap, and then he realizes that life goes on and he's been blessed to get the opportunity to do what he loves and is good at elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                    The Man trophy truly at risk on October 30 when West Georgia goes to Valdosta State.
                    The most important trophy of that evening will be the Peach Basket, and we all know where it belongs!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

The most important trophy of that evening will be the Peach Basket, and we all know where it belongs!!
                      Would have thought that you Valdosta fans would have been on here crowing about becoming The Man!!!

Comment

WFU lost it to West Georgia University 26-30 on 10-16-21.
                        WGU lost it to Valdosta State University 34-36 on 10-30-21.

The Interim Title of The Man for 1975.

Northern Michigan University claimed it against Western Kentucky 16-14 on 12-13-75.
                        NMU lost it to Grand Valley State 31-14 on 11-13-76.
                        GVSU lost it to Michigan Tech 10-6 on 09-17-77.
                        MTU lost it to Moorhead State 24-0 on 10-08-77.
                        Moorhead lost it to St. Cloud State 42-18 on 10-15-77.
                        SCSU lost it to Northern Iowa 27-14 on 11-12-77.
                        NIU lost it to Youngstown State 31-14 on 09-09-78.
                        YSU lost it to Eastern Illinois 26-22 on 12-08-78.
                        EIU lost it to Western Illinois 10-7 on 10-06-79.
                        WIU lost it to Northern Iowa 38-25 on 10-13-79.
                        NIU lost it to South Dakota State 14-7 on 10-20-79.
                        SDSU lost it to North Dakota State 38-14 on 10-27-79.
                        NDSU lost it to Northern Michigan 10-0 on 09-06-80.
                        Northern Michigan beat Delaware to 22-7 on 10-18-80 to unify the titles.

The Interim Title of the Man for 91 thru 96.
                        PSU won the title 23-6 against Jacksonville State.
                        PSU lost it to JSU 17-13 on 12-12-92
                        Jacksonville St. did not lose to another D2 school until 96.
                        JSU lost it to WGU 30-10 on 09-07-96
                        WGU lost it to Henderson St. 20-13 on 9-28-96
                        HSU lost it to DSU 24-0 on 10-05-96
                        DSU lost it to UNA 27-17 on 10-19-96
                        UNA lost it to CAU 21-20 on 11-02-96
                        CAU lost it to VSU 63-30 on 11-09-96
                        VSU lost it to WGU 42-21 on 11-16-96
                        WGU lost it to Carson-Newman 41-19 on 11-23-96
                        CN beat VSU 24-19 on 11-30-96 to Unify the titles.

Interim Title of The Man for 98
                        Northern Colorado lost it to Nebraska-Omaha 15-3 on 10-24-98
                        Nebraska-Omaha lost it to Northwest Missouri 28-14 on 11-21-98
                        NWMSU was the current holder of The Man title, so that game unified the title.

Interim Title of The Man for 2012
                        Pittsburg State University claimed it against Wayne State University 35 - 21 on 12-17-2011
                        PSU lost it to NWMSU 31-21 on 10-13-2012
                        NWMSU lost it to Missouri Western State 21-21 on 11-10-2012.
                        MWSU was the current holder of The Man Title, so that was a unification game.

Interim Title of the The Man for 2014
                        NWMSU claimed it against Lenoir-Rhyne 43-28 on 12-21-2013.
                        NWMSU lost it to Pittsburg State 35-17 on 10-18-14.
                        PSU lost it to Minnesota State-Mankato 24-21 on 11-29-14.
                        Mankato lost it to Colorado State-Pueblo 13-0 on 12-20-14.
                        Pueblo was the current holder of The Man Title, so an unification game was played at the Championship.

Texas A&M-Commerce beats West Florida 37-27 on 12-16-17 to claim the interim The Man title Belt for 2017.
                        Texas A&M-Commerce lost it to CSU-Pueblo 23-13 on 09-22-18.
                        Pueblo lost it to Minnesota State Mankato 24-10 on 11-24-18.
                        Mankato lost it to Ferris State University 25-42 on 12-08-18.
                        FSU was the current holder of The Man Title, so that game was an unification game.

Valdosta State University now currently holds the title of "The Man" now.

I'm pretty sure I had all of the dates from 1980 to present all filled out, I used this website here.... http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_ii.htm and I pretty much used that site from there on to determine "The Man". It does get harder to figure out when teams moved up back then, but usually poking thru their older media guides will give you the dates you need, and you also might fight the info to confirm what division a school was when it played somebody who may have been a holder of the title belt then. If anybody can fill in those missing dates or track it back from an earlier champion, it would be a big help as well. In theory here, all NC winners were the Man, even if it was just an interim title.

I think I've stumbled across another website that will make it much easier to track it down all the way to the original "The Man" Louisiana Tech in 1973.
                        http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...conf_index.php
                        Updated.

Comment

Would have thought that you Valdosta fans would have been on here crowing about becoming The Man!!!
                          LOL.....I forgot....OMG! We're the MAN!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• This is me crowing, Who Da Man!

Comment

• Long live The Man!
                              Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

• And as the Grand Poobah himself pointed out tonight, how interesting is that Valdosta State-West Florida tilt to end the season going to be?? Either way, The Man will make the playoffs!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X