• JuicedMule
    replied
    Re: The Man.

Leave a comment:

• Fan_the_Flame
    replied

Originally posted by JuicedMule View Post
    Sept. 30th, 2017 is when NWMSU will give up the title belt.

I'm reminded of UNA fans during the Terry Bowen era and W Georgia fans during the Will Hall era.

They were told pretty regularly on the GSC board: "Do it - then talk about it"

Course I'm kinda old school.I'd rather do it and not say anything ( cause everyone knows anyway - you just look smaller when you crow (and foolish when you crow before the game and lose, which I expect will be the case here)).

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied

For two weeks in 1988 The Man resided in New England, with New Haven beating UCF and then losing to AIC. New Haven's win at UCF was one of the first signs that New Haven (along with AIC) could be legitimate D2 programs and not just D2 in name while playing D3 teams half the time.

In New Haven's case, more ambitious scheduling and Mark Whipple's crazy offenses led to the first playoff run in 1992 in a season that began with a win at basketball-crazy UConn. But alas, they had their chance to be The Man again in 1997 under Tony Sparano, but they came far short of beating The Man (Northern Colorado).

Leave a comment:

• OICU812
    replied

Quote it. The MAN changes hands next week. September 30th, 2017. QUOTE ME BRO!
    You sad, delusional, avatar. Ironically, VP is money. After Saturday, you'll fizzle. Like a fart in the wind. NW will roll the mules by 20.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker
    replied

Quoted...

Leave a comment:

• JuicedMule
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    None of you sandbagging mother lovers are going to quote this so that y'all can make Juice eat these words on September 30th?? Come on, the Mules got beat pretty easily by Fort Hays.

Missouri Southern is up next for the Bearcats.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

None of you sandbagging mother lovers are going to quote this so that y'all can make Juice eat these words on September 30th?? Come on, the Mules got beat pretty easily by Fort Hays.

Missouri Southern is up next for the Bearcats.

Leave a comment:

• JuicedMule
    replied

Originally posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
    Well, Washburn gave it a good effort, but NWMSU retains, 20-14. Now batting, Nebraska-Kearney.

Leave a comment:

• Zombie8myBrainz
    replied

NEAT, I had no idea ENMU had the title for a bit... turbulent couple of seasons for the LSC back then!

:smile-big:

Leave a comment:

• SGAstumpJ
    replied

Well, Washburn gave it a good effort, but NWMSU retains, 20-14. Now batting, Nebraska-Kearney.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

NWMSU rolls over Emporia State 34-0. Washburn up next. Good luck Bods.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Thursday, August 31st., 2017, Emporia State University gets their chance at the crown and I don't believe that the Man will have a chance to leave the MIAA until the playoffs. There's just something wrong with that.
    Bump!

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Ahhhh...Kind of a kafabe like the "Intercontinental Belt."
    Right.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

The first Man was crowned after winning the first D2 championship. I figure if you can go through at least 3 quality teams in a row with wins, then you at least deserve to hold a belt for a while, even if it's not the Official Original Man Belt. That, and it does make an unification game a little more interesting.
    Ahhhh...Kind of a kafabe like the "Intercontinental Belt."

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X