• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Re: The Man.

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
    If anyone is interested in reading about "The Man" behind NW BB here is a link to article in KC Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...141852509.html

Coach Ben McCollum
    But he didn't invent basketball at NW

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Regular yogurt or Greek yogurt??

Leave a comment:

• GWolf
    replied

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Culture Wins!
    Culture is way overrated. Yogurt is okay, I guess, but buttermilk is just nasty. Oh, you meant a culture of winning. Well, big fish and small ponds and all that are fun if you're not easily bored but it must really suck when your high expectations don't get met. If you don't win it all then you're a massive failure. Like football in '14. :smile-big:

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    The Bearcats are 'The Man' in Men's Basketball too!
    NW FB/BB went an astounding 50-1 this academic year with 2 MIAA titles and 2 National Titles!
    Culture Wins!
    Man, that's just going you sandbaggers all the more arrogant. :tongue:

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied

If anyone is interested in reading about "The Man" behind NW BB here is a link to article in KC Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...141852509.html

Coach Ben McCollum
    Last edited by NW Normal; 03-30-2017, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

The Bearcats are 'The Man' in Men's Basketball too!
    NW FB/BB went an astounding 50-1 this academic year with 2 MIAA titles and 2 National Titles!
    Culture Wins!

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
    didnt realize that but still must havebeen a letdown after knocking off ndsu at their place
    Maybe a little bit of a letdown.

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
    Butler wasn't horse$hit back then. They won the MIFC twice and were a playoff team in 1991
    didnt realize that but still must havebeen a letdown after knocking off ndsu at their place

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

just noticed this...gvsu goes out to take the man from defending champion north dakota st at their place and then loses to horsehi* butler the next week?
    Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Leave a comment:

• 4nick8
    replied

just noticed this...gvsu goes out to take the man from defending champion north dakota st at their place and then loses to horsehi* butler the next week?
    Butler wasn't horse$hit back then. They won the MIFC twice and were a playoff team in 1991

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_ii.htm and I pretty much used that site from there on to determine "The Man". It does get harder to figure out when teams moved up back then, but usually poking thru their older media guides will give you the dates you need, and you also might fight the info to confirm what division a school was when it played somebody who may have been a holder of the title belt then. If anybody can fill in those missing dates or track it back from an earlier champion, it would be a big help as well. In theory here, all NC winners were the Man, even if it was just an interim title.

I think I've stumbled across another website that will make it much easier to track it down all the way to the original "The Man" Louisiana Tech in 1973.
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...conf_index.php

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by IUPAlumn91

This is an awesome website, I was aware of the other one but never seen this one before. Thanks
    Thank you!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPAlumn91
    replied

I think I've stumbled across another website that will make it much easier to track it down all the way to the original "The Man" Louisiana Tech in 1973.
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...conf_index.php
    This is an awesome website, I was aware of the other one but never seen this one before. Thanks :good:

Leave a comment:

• Ian Carlson
    replied

Has NWMSU released their 2017 schedule yet??
    I may very well be wrong, but I think it will be the same as last year, home and away being flipped.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Has NWMSU released their 2017 schedule yet??

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X