• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide_Right
    replied
    Re: The Man.

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Due to the MIAA's not playing any non-conference games,.

That's a shame.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Pittsburgh State beats Arkansas Tech, they will be holding The Man belt until next season. Due to the MIAA's not playing any non-conference games, it will stay in the MIAA until the playoffs next year.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    So Monsters only hope for a unified belt it is....Harding winning it all and Arkansas Tech to beat Pitt..that would be something to see a 7 seed do that lol
    eh, I'll have to track it next year anyways. as long as both belts make the playoffs, I'm good.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

So Monsters only hope for a unified belt it is....Harding winning it all and Arkansas Tech to beat Pitt..that would be something to see a 7 seed do that lol

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    The hard part of this was all digging through and finding the records of all the teams back when they played, figuring out who was an official D2 school back then, and sorting it all out. Tracking interim belts back in the 80's and 70's was a FEMALE DOG. Now, its just a pain in the glutes. :tongue:
    i cant think of a better person for the job

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
    thats why i dont think monster should recognize the bowl games...but who am i to tell someone crazy and stubborn enough to keep this going for well over a decade how he should run his thing
    The hard part of this was all digging through and finding the records of all the teams back when they played, figuring out who was an official D2 school back then, and sorting it all out. Tracking interim belts back in the 80's and 70's was a FEMALE DOG. Now, its just a pain in the glutes. :tongue:

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
    thats why i dont think monster should recognize the bowl games...but who am i to tell someone crazy and stubborn enough to keep this going for well over a decade how he should run his thing
    While I feel there can be only ONE MAN and anyone who wears the Interim belt is just a pretender, I do agree with you that Monster is insane!!!!

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    I wonder how many Interim belts there could be? Let's assume Ark Tech beats Pitt to claim the REAL Man Belt and the MIAA does win and claims the fake Interim Belt. Next year the new NC has a "hangover" and loses the belt the first week of the season and then goes on to make the playoffs again while the vagaries of scheduling and W/L keep the ultimate holder of the fake Interim Belt out of the playoffs. Could we then have The Man, The Interim Man #1 and the Interim Man #2???

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Monster's best case scanario is one of the MIAA schools wins the Interm belt so that there will be a forced unification next year.
    I wonder how many Interim belts there could be? Let's assume Ark Tech beats Pitt to claim the REAL Man Belt and the MIAA does win and claims the fake Interim Belt. Next year the new NC has a "hangover" and loses the belt the first week of the season and then goes on to make the playoffs again while the vagaries of scheduling and W/L keep the ultimate holder of the fake Interim Belt out of the playoffs. Could we then have The Man, The Interim Man #1 and the Interim Man #2???

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

Monster's best case scanario is one of the MIAA schools wins the Interm belt so that there will be a forced unification next year.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Darn, so the belt would float around a silo conference until playoffs waiting to be merged again
    Wouldn't necessarily leave the silo conference. Assuming the current belt holder does not run the table and make the playoffs, here's a possible scenario...Team that ultimately makes the playoffs plays and beats Team A. Next week Team A plays and beats the current belt holder to become the belt holder. The ultimate playoff team misses becoming The Man by one week!

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    Uh, it's in a silo conf already.:doh:
    Shoot you're right. I guess I should have said another silo conference so there's less of a hope of merging the titles next year before playoffs unless harding is somehow going to reel off 5 straight wins....of course that's if tech wins.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied

Darn, so the belt would float around a silo conference until playoffs waiting to be merged again
    Uh, it's in a silo conf already.:doh:

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ian Carlson
    replied

I would imagine it would carry over to Tech if they won. Does the GAC schedule only in conference games?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X