Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf King
    replied
    UWG is "The Man" for the first time since 1996.

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    There's a new Man tonight.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    West Florida making it easy to track the Man this year so far.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Delta State gave West Florida a pretty close game, but they still have The Man Title belt.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

This has always been one of my favorite threads. I love waiting for you to update it when we takeover as "The Man".
    West Florida has bit of a gauntlet to go through before they face the Blazers. Heck, they've got 2 chances to drop it to someone else in another conference.

Leave a comment:

• Argonut
    replied
    No asterisk needed on The Man list- Argos go to 2-0 on road v D1 after taking down McNeese State 42-36.

Leave a comment:

• getnastyblazers
    replied
    Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Copied and saved the current list in a google doc.
    This has always been one of my favorite threads. I love waiting for you to update it when we takeover as "The Man".

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Woooooo!!!! To be the man you need to beat the man and Monster is the man!

Couldn't resist that, but glad to hear that you don't need to keep bumping this thread in fear of losing the info.
    Oh, I like bumping the thread as well. Never hurts to have backups for data.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

Woooooo!!!! To be the man you need to beat the man and Monster is the man!

Couldn't resist that, but glad to hear that you don't need to keep bumping this thread in fear of losing the info.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
    Started reading through some of your posts. Don't ever lose this. It is a great history of D2 Football!

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    Started reading through some of your posts. Don't ever lose this. It is a great history of D2 Football!

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    West Florida University now currently holds the title of "The Man" now.

I'm pretty sure I had all of the dates from 1980 to present all filled out, I used this website here.... http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_ii.htm and I pretty much used that site from there on to determine "The Man". It does get harder to figure out when teams moved up back then, but usually poking thru their older media guides will give you the dates you need, and you also might fight the info to confirm what division a school was when it played somebody who may have been a holder of the title belt then. If anybody can fill in those missing dates or track it back from an earlier champion, it would be a big help as well. In theory here, all NC winners were the Man, even if it was just an interim title.

I think I've stumbled across another website that will make it much easier to track it down all the way to the original "The Man" Louisiana Tech in 1973.
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...conf_index.php
    West Florida faces Southwest Baptist 09-11-21. Hopefully that start the year off with a good win over McNeese State on 09-04-21. Being that they're a D1-AA, they can't hold the belt, but we'll want West Florida to win just for bragging rights.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

A few Gulf South teams are playing spring games, Shorter, West Alabama and I believe maybe Delta State, not sure about anyone else.
    But not games against other teams?

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

It's before he tracks all the interim titles -- you read like a Bearcat! :)
    I understand NW may add Reading to the curriculum as a part of the Turkey Insemination degree program...

Leave a comment:

• Wide_Right
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Is West Florida now The Man? If so congrats to them.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X