• Show
Clear All

Re: Way too early 2018 D2 Football Poll

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    IUP 14th?

Seriously?

Comment

They were a final four team last year and are returning most of the team.

They were ranking in the top 3 going into last year's playoffs.

Obviously this person knows nothing about IUP foosball.

Comment

Maybe this person knows that IUP would have been a first round exit if they faced stiffer competition?
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I'm sure the foosball team is unstoppable as well. Just ask Helen Boucher.

Now we will move on to your reading comprehension. Long before you got your undies in a kerfuffle I said this above my initial rankings. "I also did this by how I think teams will fare in the playoffs if the playoffs weren't done by region. Sorry region 1, history has shown us that you typically fall flat in the semifinals with Sheperd being the only exception that comes to mind in the recent pass. Apologies Bloomsburg. 17 years ago doesn't count. Same to you CIAA."

I'm not sure what there is to argue about?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
              Maybe this person knows that IUP would have been a first round exit if they faced stiffer competition?
              They faced Ashland in Week 1 of the regular season and beat them. Ashland made the playoffs and this guy had them ranked ahead of IUP.

I'm certain if IUP faced some sad sack team from New Mexico the game would be over by halftime and IUP would have the fourth string in by the second half.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                  I'm sure the foosball team is unstoppable as well. Just ask Helen Boucher.

Now we will move on to your reading comprehension. Long before you got your undies in a kerfuffle I said this above my initial rankings. "I also did this by how I think teams will fare in the playoffs if the playoffs weren't done by region. Sorry region 1, history has shown us that you typically fall flat in the semifinals with Sheperd being the only exception that comes to mind in the recent pass. Apologies Bloomsburg. 17 years ago doesn't count. Same to you CIAA."

I'm not sure what there is to argue about?
                  IUP did lost to West Florida by 10 points hardly a blowout. Thanks to a horrible 10 minutes on the first half that handed West Florida a 17-0 lead that they needed to hold off the IUP second half surge...which of course you didn't think about by why would you since your mind was already made up based on other past outcomes instead of the most recent one.

IUP was down 17-0 at halftime...got it to 24-17 until West Florida made the drive they needed to take the time off the clock and kicked a field goal to make a two score game with 4 minutes left to play.

So you are entitled to your opinion but I am entitled to say it a bunch of bull****.

Comment

They faced Ashland in Week 1 of the regular season and beat them. Ashland made the playoffs and this guy had them ranked ahead of IUP.

I'm certain if IUP faced some sad sack team from New Mexico the game would be over by halftime and IUP would have the fourth string in by the second half.
                    We keep getting the National Champs in our SR and have to face them before the semi's. First GVSU, then NWMSU, now the double OT loss in our first game.

As for this ranking, I'd have to see how much both Ashland and IUP lost to make a fair judgement. Then again, that isn't always telling based on how people progress in the offseason as they may turn into stars or regress. It is typically a good indicator for rankings and why on the FBS level I see WSU taking a step backwards this year after competing for the Pac-12 North title into the last week of the season. It is why on the D2 level I see CWU's offense improving though too.

Comment

IUP did lost to West Florida by 10 points hardly a blowout. Thanks to a horrible 10 minutes on the first half that handed West Florida a 17-0 lead that they needed to hold off the IUP second half surge...which of course you didn't think about by why would you since your mind was already made up based on other past outcomes instead of the most recent one.

IUP was down 17-0 at halftime...got it to 24-17 until West Florida made the drive they needed to take the time off the clock and kicked a field goal to make a two score game with 4 minutes left to play.

So you are entitled to your opinion but I am entitled to say it a bunch of bull****.
                      So just to make sure you are upset because I have a team you beat ranked 13th and you are ranked 14th? In that case I will rank Clark Atlanta 13th, Ashland 14th and IUP 15th. IUP lost to West Florida who lost to Valdosta State who lost to Albany State who lost to Clark Atlanta who finished last year 4-6. Although one of those losses was to FCS Grambling who is absolutely awful. I'm sure if you want to do your homework you can find where IUP beat someone who beat the national champs. I'll give you a hint, start at Midwestern State.

Year in and year out the GLIAC and the other conferences and regions not in region 1 have proven themselves superior to the PSAC and region 1. Don't get mad most of it has to do with schollies. But facts are facts. Sorry IUP played 10 bad minutes of football. Goliath took his eyes off David for a minute, Loyola - Chicago has Sister Jean, the unexpected happens. But you are holding on to one half of "winning" football vs the national runner up and there are 17 years of proven data points showing that on the exception of Sheperd no one has come out of region 1.

All the following occurred in the semifinals unless otherwise noted:

2001 Grand Valley beats Bloomsburg in the semifinals
                      2002 Grand Valley beats IUP 62-21 scoring on their first 8 possessions. Maybe you guys should concentrate on playing in the first half?
                      2003 Grand Valley beats Bentley in the opening round who was the only team from the region I could find at a quick glance
                      2004 Valdosta beats West Chester 45-21 On the bright side at least it wasn't Grand Valley
                      2005 Grand Valley beats East Stroudsburg 55-20
                      2006 NW beats Bloomsburg 33-3
                      2007 Valdosta State beats Cal 28-24 The region rejoices knowing they are about to turn the corner and be competitive on the national stage
                      2008 MN-Duluth beats Cal 45-7 well. hell.....
                      2009 Northwest beats Cal 56-31 In all honesty great 3 year run by Cal
                      2010 Delta State beats Sheperd 29-17
                      2011 WSSU beast New Haven in the Quarters
                      2012 WSSU beats IUP 21-17 in the Quarters
                      2013 Lenior-Rhyne beats West Chester 42-14
                      2014 Concord beats Bloomsburg in the Quarters Concord??!!? Really? from the MEC?!?! dannng now thats embarrassing 32-26. Concord then loses 47-13 in next round
                      2015 Sheperd beats GV 34-32 and finally a breakthrough for the region
                      2016 Noth Alabama beats Sheperd 23-13
                      2017 West Florida beats IUP 27-17 fortunately for West Florida, IUP decided to play like it was 2002 and didn't play in the first half.

You call it bull**** i call it data, turned into stats, turned into information turned into irrefutable evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                        So just to make sure you are upset because I have a team you beat ranked 13th and you are ranked 14th? In that case I will rank Clark Atlanta 13th, Ashland 14th and IUP 15th. IUP lost to West Florida who lost to Valdosta State who lost to Albany State who lost to Clark Atlanta who finished last year 4-6. Although one of those losses was to FCS Grambling who is absolutely awful. I'm sure if you want to do your homework you can find where IUP beat someone who beat the national champs. I'll give you a hint, start at Midwestern State.

Year in and year out the GLIAC and the other conferences and regions not in region 1 have proven themselves superior to the PSAC and region 1. Don't get mad most of it has to do with schollies. But facts are facts. Sorry IUP played 10 bad minutes of football. Goliath took his eyes off David for a minute, Loyola - Chicago has Sister Jean, the unexpected happens. But you are holding on to one half of "winning" football vs the national runner up and there are 17 years of proven data points showing that on the exception of Sheperd no one has come out of region 1.

All the following occurred in the semifinals unless otherwise noted:

2001 Grand Valley beats Bloomsburg in the semifinals
                        2002 Grand Valley beats IUP 62-21 scoring on their first 8 possessions. Maybe you guys should concentrate on playing in the first half?
                        2003 Grand Valley beats Bentley in the opening round who was the only team from the region I could find at a quick glance
                        2004 Valdosta beats West Chester 45-21 On the bright side at least it wasn't Grand Valley
                        2005 Grand Valley beats East Stroudsburg 55-20
                        2006 NW beats Bloomsburg 33-3
                        2007 Valdosta State beats Cal 28-24 The region rejoices knowing they are about to turn the corner and be competitive on the national stage
                        2008 MN-Duluth beats Cal 45-7 well. hell.....
                        2009 Northwest beats Cal 56-31 In all honesty great 3 year run by Cal
                        2010 Delta State beats Sheperd 29-17
                        2011 WSSU beast New Haven in the Quarters
                        2012 WSSU beats IUP 21-17 in the Quarters
                        2013 Lenior-Rhyne beats West Chester 42-14
                        2014 Concord beats Bloomsburg in the Quarters Concord??!!? Really? from the MEC?!?! dannng now thats embarrassing 32-26. Concord then loses 47-13 in next round
                        2015 Sheperd beats GV 34-32 and finally a breakthrough for the region
                        2016 Noth Alabama beats Sheperd 23-13
                        2017 West Florida beats IUP 27-17 fortunately for West Florida, IUP decided to play like it was 2002 and didn't play in the first half.

You call it bull**** i call it data, turned into stats, turned into information turned into irrefutable evidence.
                        Cough, cough. We were in SR1 in 2012 and beat West Texas 41-18 to make it to the National Championship. However, my memory gets slightly hazy about what happened after that game. :disapointed:

Comment

We will never know.
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
                            Cough, cough. We were in SR1 in 2012 and beat West Texas 41-18 to make it to the National Championship. However, my memory gets slightly hazy about what happened after that game. :disapointed:
                            I knew you guys had gone from region 1 to region 2 at some point in time but wasn't sure when. Some others have switched from 3 to 4 as well. We will give SR1 half credit for you guys that year! :)

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                              Interesting list with us at #4. We beat #1, #2, #3 and #5 in consecutive weeks this season. I have no idea who is losing what this season, but in terms of difficulty and watching all 4 of those games, this past season I'd put them at:

Central Washington
                              Minnesota St
                              Harding
                              West Florida

Just my opinion of course, but I honestly thought West Florida was the lowest in terms of difficulty of those teams mentioned. But they seem to be the Cinderella team of this offseason so far.
                              The WT A&M Buffs have the extreme privilege of travelling up to Ellensburg WA to play the Central Washington Wildcats on Sep 29th.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                                The WT A&M Buffs have the extreme privilege of travelling up to Ellensburg WA to play the Central Washington Wildcats on Sep 29th.
                                I hear the Lions getting some interesting visitors the week before! :good:
                                Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X