Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair catch on Kick-off Rule

This past weekend, I saw a Colorado Mines player fair catch a kick-off at the 3 yard line and by doing this it gave Mines the ball at the 25 yard line. I think this is a bogus rule.

What is this? Pee wee football?

Comment

Re: Fair catch on Kick-off Rule

How about the North Texas kid that "fake" fair caught it and proceeded to run 90 yds for a TD? Bet if he tries that again he'll be in the emergency room after getting his clock cleaned.

Comment

Just another step towards removing kickoffs, which I'm not entirely opposed to.

Comment

I forget which two teams were playing. On a kick off, the receiving team displayed the fair catch signal while standing in the end zone. Said player muffed the ball and it was covered at the one. This was now the line of scrimmage. Had the returner just let the ball land and pass through the end zone and not attempt the fair catch, the ball would have been placed at the 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            Just another step towards removing kickoffs, which I'm not entirely opposed to.
            I understand taking the KO collisions out, but it would end any chance of onside kicking to get back in a game late. Lots of great finishes would have never happened without the kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              I understand taking the KO collisions out, but it would end any chance of onside kicking to get back in a game late. Lots of great finishes would have never happened without the kickoff.
              This is why they don't outlaw kickoffs altogether. The onside kick can happen anytime. Remember the Super Bowl when the Saints beat the Colts?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                This is why they don't outlaw kickoffs altogether. The onside kick can happen anytime. Remember the Super Bowl when the Saints beat the Colts?
                Or when Valdosta pulled it off in the 04 NC game. That sucked, btw.

Comment

So change the rules like they've done hundreds of times to implement something else that provides a similar opportunity.

Comment

I thought the new kick off rule only applied from the 25 yard line to the end zone. An onside kick would be nowhere near there.
                    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X