Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nc game bids

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    I can't agree about location. Really not that many fly to the game. As for the other parameters.... I hope they got it right.
    Being that the location is in the Dallas Metroplex, I don't see it as being a problem with location. You have two airports nearby: The DFW airport and Love Field. Transportation will not an issue. I assure you. I used to live there. McKinney is right outside of Dallas. Now the time of the Natty, it will be cold. LOL Heck the FCS National Championship is in nearby Frisco....14 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      Where is a better geographical location?
      Come on B, you know my opinion on this. A place where a lot of fans came make it by driving in a day.. or a short day and a half. True, it eliminates southern locations... and likely northern ones, but that's my perspective. Plus I have my selfish bias if we go.:wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
        Come on B, you know my opinion on this. A place where a lot of fans came make it by driving in a day.. or a short day and a half. True, it eliminates southern locations... and likely northern ones, but that's my perspective. Plus I have my selfish bias if we go.:wink:
        I wanted you to post it for everyone else's benefit and for message board fodder.

Comment

Beautiful stadium in a good location. Those I know in the LSC admin highly competent.
          Wow, yes it is!

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post
            Being that the location is in the Dallas Metroplex, I don't see it as being a problem with location. You have two airports nearby: The DFW airport and Love Field. Transportation will not an issue. I assure you. I used to live there. McKinney is right outside of Dallas. Now the time of the Natty, it will be cold. LOL Heck the FCS National Championship is in nearby Frisco....14 miles away.
            There are tons of places with airports. And I readily admit that flying into DFW is typically cost effective for many. Still, flying can be an expensive proposition.(Think students for example) And it's not just the air fare. One need transportation once they arrive. And, it looks like the stadium is about 30+miles north of the airport, so it will cost to get to the stadium, let alone if one wants to go someplace beyond a hotel and the game. It's just the nature of the beast with flying.

BTW, I just checked on fares and they look tolerable. Sure hope they don't go up much with a short notice booking. And from what I saw on the web, the stadium does look appealing. No idea how the location sets up for pre and post game weekend gatherings.

As a plus... We know where the NC is going to be held this year.:good:

Comment

https://www.mckinneyisd.net/stadium/

Comment

The location is ok. Not too far from my sister's.
                Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Not that strange. Dutch Clark Stadium, our high school venue has a capacity of 15,000. CSU Pueblo's Thunderbowl has 6500 seats.
                    Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Where is a better geographical location?
                      Bearcat_420's place.

Originally posted by Bearcat_420 View Post
                      We can have it in my backyard, no problem. I'll throw some dogs on the grill, set up a keg, put out some lawnchairs. I'll even let you all smoke out of my good bong.
                      Works for me.

But yeah, that stadium there looks to be a little more comfortable for a crowd than your place.

Comment

If you like postseason college football games, the Dallas/Fort Worth area is the place to be this season:

12/15/18 (Sat): Division II national championship game (McKinney, TX - about 30 miles NNE of Dallas)
                        12/19/18 (Wed): Frisco Bowl (Frisco, TX - about 30 miles north of Dallas)
                        12/22/18 (Sat): Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, TX)
                        12/26/18 (Wed): First Responder Bowl (Dallas, TX)
                        12/29/18 (Sat): Cotton Bowl, Division I-A/FBS national semifinal game (Arlington, TX - about 20-25 miles west of Dallas and 15 miles east of Fort Worth)
                        01/05/19 (Sat): Division I-AA/FCS national championship game (Frisco, TX - about 30 miles north of Dallas)

On top of the above, the Big 12 championship game will also be played in Arlington, TX, on Saturday 12/1/18.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                          If you like postseason college football games, the Dallas/Fort Worth area is the place to be this season:

12/15/18 (Sat): Division II national championship game (McKinney, TX - about 30 miles NNE of Dallas)
                          12/19/18 (Wed): Frisco Bowl (Frisco, TX - about 30 miles north of Dallas)
                          12/22/18 (Sat): Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, TX)
                          12/26/18 (Wed): First Responder Bowl (Dallas, TX)
                          12/29/18 (Sat): Cotton Bowl, Division I-A/FBS national semifinal game (Arlington, TX - about 20-25 miles west of Dallas and 15 miles east of Fort Worth)
                          01/05/19 (Sat): Division I-AA/FCS national championship game (Frisco, TX - about 30 miles north of Dallas)

On top of the above, the Big 12 championship game will also be played in Arlington, TX, on Saturday 12/1/18.

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post
                            Not that strange. Dutch Clark Stadium, our high school venue has a capacity of 15,000. CSU Pueblo's Thunderbowl has 6500 seats.

Comment

this is what makes me think Newman (could care less about WSU) adding football in the Wichita area. Build a new nice stadium for high schools in the area and college on Saturday.

Comment

My HS on-campus stadium at Little Rock Central seats a little over 15,000. It was built by the WPA back in the 1930s.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X