Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't expect more D2 FB move ups to FCS

Uhhhhhh...LIU Post announced it is moving up to D1.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      Uhhhhhh...LIU Post announced it is moving up to D1.
      Technically, they are merging sports with the already existing DI LIU-Brooklyn. But, yes, D2 is losing Post.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/colle...lyn-1.21416636
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
        Technically, they are merging sports with the already existing DI LIU-Brooklyn. But, yes, D2 is losing Post.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/colle...lyn-1.21416636
        Title of the thread is Don't expect more D2 FB move ups to FCS. LIU Brooklyn doesn't have a football team so LIU Post football is moving up to D1 FCS from DII.

Merrimack is also moving up to D1 FCS from DII.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
          UNA moved up this year from the GSC to the ASUN conference (Big South - Football). I could see VSU moving up if they got an invitation from the SoCon. BTW, we'd be the third largest school in the conference. The recruiting would be phenomenal as we would be in the strongest conference in the southeast competing for Florida & Georgia FCS talent against only a handful of schools, Jacksonville University, Stetson University, Kennesaw State University & Mercer University.
          First of all, UWG enrollment this fall is 13,520, not 11,252. VD State has no interest in moving up and the chances of them getting a SoCon invitation are slim and none. It's all about the money and the BOR approval. After Savannah State's failure in FCS, the BOR is not going to approve with out a very very compelling $$$ story.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            It's all about money.
            Winner, winner, chicken dinner. LOL
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
              Title of the thread is Don't expect more D2 FB move ups to FCS. LIU Brooklyn doesn't have a football team so LIU Post football is moving up to D1 FCS from DII.

Merrimack is also moving up to D1 FCS from DII.
              Both leaving the NE10 to join the NEC. Bryant made the same move a decade ago and has even played NE10 teams the last few years. Don't think any more NE10 schools will move, but in the NE10 board it was said that only three schools (Post, New Haven, and Assumption) voted to keep a championship game, which the NE10 let go of last season. Don't want to see New Haven consider the move, but they've raised a butt-ton of money the last couple years and the university quite a bit bigger than when I went there in the mid-90s.

The NE10 gains Franklin Pierce next year, who is converting their sprint football program to a D2 program.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf King View Post
                First of all, UWG enrollment this fall is 13,520, not 11,252. VD State has no interest in moving up and the chances of them getting a SoCon invitation are slim and none. It's all about the money and the BOR approval. After Savannah State's failure in FCS, the BOR is not going to approve with out a very very compelling $$$ story.
                Don't recall where I got that number but I stand corrected. I agree that VSU currently has no plans to move up, but if we went on a multiple championship run like UNA (90's) or GV (2000's), or like the run NWMS is currently on, and if we got that SoCon invitation (I know, two huge if's) I could see us moving up.

I would equate any move to that of Ga Southern not Savannah State. During their 30 years in the SIAC, SSU made the playoffs once, our current track record is much better but before a move, I admit there would have to be years of sustained excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                  UNA moved up this year from the GSC to the ASUN conference (Big South - Football). I could see VSU moving up if they got an invitation from the SoCon. BTW, we'd be the third largest school in the conference. The recruiting would be phenomenal as we would be in the strongest conference in the southeast competing for Florida & Georgia FCS talent against only a handful of schools, Jacksonville University, Stetson University, Kennesaw State University & Mercer University.
                  And Jacksonville and Stetson play in the non-scholly Pioneer League (one of the reasons Coach Bell left JU for VSU).
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

And Jacksonville and Stetson play in the non-scholly Pioneer League (one of the reasons Coach Bell left JU for VSU).
                    Wow! We're talking manifest destiny here It might be irresponsible for us not to fill this void, due to the fact that there is so much talent in the area.

Comment

• Re: Don't expect more D2 FB move ups to FCS

Laker on the credit here for posting this in the NSIC board, but felt like this belongs here too. Augie taking an official look

http://www.therepublic.com/2018/10/1...gustana-div-i/

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                        Laker on the credit here for posting this in the NSIC board, but felt like this belongs here too. Augie taking an official look

We keep hearing about this. Too much smoke to ignore. It all comes down to if AU figures he can get them enough money to make this worth while.

I don't want them to go- but more and more I think that they will.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          We keep hearing about this. Too much smoke to ignore. It all comes down to if AU figures he can get them enough money to make this worth while.

I don't want them to go- but more and more I think that they will.
                          I think I'm prepared for them to leave but I don't know if I am prepared for what it will do to the NSIC. I'm no fan of our current setup as is well known. But an odd number does not work. Do we finally go to the Minnesota schools and Sioux falls conference I've wanted for a long time? Or maybe upper Iowa?. Or maybe something completely different like losing schools to the GLVC, RMAC or MIAA

Comment

I think I'm prepared for them to leave but I don't know if I am prepared for what it will do to the NSIC. I'm no fan of our current setup as is well known. But an odd number does not work. Do we finally go to the Minnesota schools and Sioux falls conference I've wanted for a long time? Or maybe upper Iowa?. Or maybe something completely different like losing schools to the GLVC, RMAC or MIAA
                            Or maybe play some OOC games. I know that's a novel idea to y'all up there. LOL.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

404 message. Did they take it down?
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Or maybe play some OOC games. I know that's a novel idea to y'all up there. LOL.
                                The league still wouldn't want to play ooc games with 15. We need to lose probably a few more before we go back to ooc

404 message. Did they take it down?
                                Try this one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X