Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibition games (random thoughts)

I wouldn't like it. The 11 game season is long enough- and you hope to get into the playoffs. Back in 1988 the defending NCC champs played at UTEP in the opening game. Mavs did well but it took a physical and mental toll. If you were going to add another game, I'd rather have an OOC game.

I'm switching between the Sanford- Youngstown and Vikings exhibition games. I just can't see how they can charge full price for a practice. The Packers sat out 33 players in Winnipeg against the Raiders on Thursday- someone said 19,000 were there because they charged up to $200 Canadian for a ticket. I paid about $33 Canadian to see the Blue Bombers beat Toronto in an actual game, so I can see why they stayed away.

Comment

I dislike the idea. The games are meaningless and invite injury.

Comment

I don't think the FBS college would go for it, or they would just play there 2nd and 3rd string the whole time.

Comment

For D2 schools playing any non D2 school is practically an exhibition game as is, stats count but the outcome doesn't count as anything for regional ranking purposes.

Comment

Might favor a controlled scrimmage, but not in favor of exhibition games. Too much injury risk.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X