X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: Ruling on Ferris State

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
      The report I read made it seem like an administrative error. I could see this being an honest mistake. The player was to have graduated but flunked a course. Admin was supposed to confirm but never did.

If it is an honest mistake any chance Ferris is not penalized?
      Huh? Nothing to do with graduation. That's a new one to most of us. Not sure where you got that take from. It had nothing to do with classes and graduating.. as far as I know. It had to do with this being his 2 transfer from four year school and the 444 rule comes into play. That requires a player to sit out a year when transferring that second time. From the timing of things... looking like a slap on the wrist may all that Ferris gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
        Huh? Nothing to do with graduation. That's a new one to most of us. Not sure where you got that take from. It had nothing to do with classes and graduating.. as far as I know. It had to do with this being his 2 transfer from four year school and the 444 rule comes into play. That requires a player to sit out a year when transferring that second time. From the timing of things... looking like a slap on the wrist may all that Ferris gets.
        I wasn't speaking to the facts of the case. It was an error in brevity, I meant to give an example of how this could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
          The report I read made it seem like an administrative error. I could see this being an honest mistake. The player was to have graduated but flunked a course. Admin was supposed to confirm but never did.

If it is an honest mistake any chance Ferris is not penalized?
          It wasn't an honest mistake. The Ferris coach has a history of blatant cheating when it comes to issues like this. He is shady.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
            It wasn't an honest mistake. The Ferris coach has a history of blatant cheating when it comes to issues like this. He is shady.
            Issue is with the compliance department. Not the coach. TA is not responsible for sending documentation to the NCAA. Whatever Ferris gets, they deal with it and move on. Stop all the belly aching and focus on MM and what GV needs to do to get to the 2nd round so we can meet again.

Comment

Here are the rules that the NCAA will apply today:

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...t_20180827.pdf
              Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                Here are the rules that the NCAA will apply today:

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...t_20180827.pdf
                So the 0.023 penalty will be applied to not just WP, but to SOS, etc. right?
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Comment

Comment

I understand the application. Simply applying 0.023 penalty to WP results in a 0.001 difference between GVSU and Ferris and a 0.008 between Ferris and Indy. If the differences are that minuscule, is that enough to drop Ferris to 4 considering they still won out and beat GVSU after the fact?
                      Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power
                      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

I understand the application. Simply applying 0.023 penalty to WP results in a 0.001 difference between GVSU and Ferris and a 0.008 between Ferris and Indy. If the differences are that minuscule, is that enough to drop Ferris to 4 considering they still won out and beat GVSU after the fact?

Comment

After some research thanks to you and BearcatDude, I would have a hard time believing Ferris drops to 4 over minuscule math differences, H2H and common opponents.
                          Go Hounds!
                          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                          Cyclone Power
                          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Comment

Get real nothing is going to happen to Ferris, the GLIAC commissioner has had plenty of time to rule and take action and she has done nothing. I dont believe that this 11th hour appeal is going to do anything. The NCAA could care less about rules in D2 because there is no money to be had in fines. At the end of the day we will all just get to go play football and let the game decide on the field who is in and who goes home. Character is revealed best when no one is watching. Just play by the rules on and off the field. Anchor Up!

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                                Issue is with the compliance department. Not the coach. TA is not responsible for sending documentation to the NCAA. Whatever Ferris gets, they deal with it and move on. Stop all the belly aching and focus on MM and what GV needs to do to get to the 2nd round so we can meet again.
                                Sending documentation isn't the issue. And you truly believe that TA has no responsibility in this matter? Heck, coaching staffs from other schools even knew about the issue. I guess TA is just too busy focusing with on the field activities this summer... yeah, that's is. BTW, I do wonder what tripped XSU into self reporting in the first place. What happened 4 weeks in for XSU to change their own ruling on this issue? I think XSU has mentioned something about this being a complicated issue. If that is the case, one just has to ask why not ask the NCAA about this first? There was time to do so. I think most people that know TA know pretty much why.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X