Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: NCAA Basketball 2019-20

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Last year’s NE10 champs Merrimack won the Northeast Conference regular season championship in their first season in D1. They are ineligible for the NEC, NCAA, and NIT tournaments because they are reclassifying, but could participate in non-sanctioned tournaments. They are the first team to win a conference championship outright in their first year of reclassification in NCAA history.

    https://www.boston.com/sports/colleg...e-record-stats

    Comment


    • Utah State punched their ticket over San Diego State, but Baylor also lost today to West Virginia. Will one or both drop to the 2 line and can Kansas and Gonzaga distance themselves now?

      Big game in the Pac-12 now is Stanford/Oregon with USC beating UCLA earlier.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
        Utah State punched their ticket over San Diego State, but Baylor also lost today to West Virginia. Will one or both drop to the 2 line and can Kansas and Gonzaga distance themselves now?

        Big game in the Pac-12 now is Stanford/Oregon with USC beating UCLA earlier.
        West Virginia's second half come back win after being down by 20 points was awesome. Let's Gooooo Mountaineers!
        Last edited by crixus; 03-08-2020, 01:42 AM.
        Bring back Humboldt State football.

        Comment


        • Woke up early- drove 260 miles one way to Ames to watch Iowa State women upset #2 Baylor by a point on a free throw with one second to go. Needless to say, Kim Mulkey was furious. Cyclones slowed the game way down. I got a free ticket as I went to the ticket booth. I think that has happened a couple of dozen times at different venues.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by laker View Post
            Woke up early- drove 260 miles one way to Ames to watch Iowa State women upset #2 Baylor by a point on a free throw with one second to go. Needless to say, Kim Mulkey was furious. Cyclones slowed the game way down. I got a free ticket as I went to the ticket booth. I think that has happened a couple of dozen times at different venues.
            I get a little bored with retirement, too. But not 260 miles away bored.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

              I get a little bored with retirement, too. But not 260 miles away bored.
              Worth every mile. I worked for Bill Fennelly for several years at his summer camps. Great guy to work for. His players were friendly and genuine. One player who was my assistant at camp saved two people in a car crash, Dragged them out before they burned up. Pretty electric atmosphere as they kept hanging in there against superior personnel. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

              Oh, I can cross the Big 12 off of my list- Baylor was the last team I hadn't seen play in person. College # 491.

              Comment


              • College sports nicknames. This can keep you busy for awhile.

                https://www.bannersociety.com/2020/3...scot-nicknames

                Comment


                • Originally posted by laker View Post
                  College sports nicknames. This can keep you busy for awhile.

                  https://www.bannersociety.com/2020/3...scot-nicknames
                  Great post. Thanks for sharing it.
                  Bring back Humboldt State football.

                  Comment


                  • UConn women win 87-53 over Cincinnati in the AAC Tournament Final, Their 7 years in the AAC was 139-0 in conference. Amazing.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by laker View Post
                      UConn women win 87-53 over Cincinnati in the AAC Tournament Final, Their 7 years in the AAC was 139-0 in conference. Amazing.
                      Oregon also won the Pac-12 women's tournament final. Their coach's son is on the Gonzaga men's team and in an interview during the Gonazga/USF game said it would be great if both of them won a title in the same year. If they pull it off, I wonder if that would be a first for parent child at different schools.

                      Of course Oregon also gave UConn women their largest loss at Storrs in a very long time and the first player men's or women's with 2k points, 1k rebounds, and 1k assists.

                      Comment


                      • The Ivy League cancels their playoffs due to the Coronavirus. Yale men and Princeton women, the regular season champs, will advance.

                        Comment


                        • NCAA says the tourney will happen, and they are even prepared for a "players, coaches, and refs only" allowed in the arena" scenario if they have to.

                          I almost want this to happen. Silent bball would be so weird.

                          Comment


                          • USD women come from five down at half to win the Summit championship by five over the Jacks 63-58. Third time that they won the head to head this year.

                            I'm guessing that SDSU will go to the WNIT. I hope that they host- they would probably have good attendance.

                            Comment


                            • St. Mary's beat the Y last night. St. Mary's vs Gonzaga tonight. Works for me.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
                                St. Mary's beat the Y last night. St. Mary's vs Gonzaga tonight. Works for me.
                                What a game that was last night too. All three of the teams you mentioned will be playing next Thursday/Friday for sure as all 3 have a NET ranking in the 30's too. That was equivalent to a 5/8 Sweet 16 game by current projections.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X