Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just heard NCAA-ALL winter and spring championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
      Just heard NCAA-ALL winter and spring championships.

Comment

• CCCAA has cancelled Men's and Women's basketball championships.

Comment

• Here's the master list of what's cancelled and what's not, according to my own research.

NCAA - All divisions cancelled, CBI cancelled, CIT cancelled, NIT cancelled
          NAIA - All divisions cancelled.
          NCCAA - All divisions cancelled.
          NJCAA - Division 1 and 2 postponed, Division 3 to be reworked
          ACCA - Already concluded
          USCAA - Division 2 already concluded, Division 1 to be played as intended
          NWAC - Cancelled
          CCCAA - Cancelled
          NIAC - Already concluded
          PCAC - Already concluded
          WCC - Already concluded
          Last edited by SW_Mustang; 03-12-2020, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Schools are postponing or dropping Spring football practices and games - could the upcoming season be next?

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
              Schools are postponing or dropping Spring football practices and games - could the upcoming season be next?
              I don't think it will go on that long. Didn't they say that in China the Wuhan area is now recovering?

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I don't think it will go on that long. Didn't they say that in China the Wuhan area is now recovering?
                They closed their remaining temporary hospitals. That's a good sign.

Comment

• Not even WWII halted March Madness...I still think this is an overreaction due to political reasons not scientific ones. If c.1,000 H1N1 deaths in ‘08 or ‘09 didn’t cancel the games why did <50 CoVid19 deaths cancel this year’s games?

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    Not even WWII halted March Madness...I still think this is an overreaction due to political reasons not scientific ones. If c.1,000 H1N1 deaths in ‘08 or ‘09 didn’t cancel the games why did <50 CoVid19 deaths cancel this year’s games?
                    I think it just boils down to fear...

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I think it just boils down to fear...
                      Yep

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

Yep
                        That, and social media wasn't nearly as developed in 08-09 as it is today.

The fear and panic is traveling lightning fast.

Comment

• Comment

• This is just plain stupid. Don't they have anything better to do?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...onal-champions

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                              This is just plain stupid. Don't they have anything better to do?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...onal-champions
                              Very stupid. Read that this morning and thought to myself, “this is only the beginning of the stupidity for these things.” I’m sure we’ll see plenty of teams/schools do this (or have it done for them).

Comment

• Gee, I guess I better not proclaim Northwest Men's BB as repeating NC in D2. Some fans at Northern State might have something to say about that.

Here is a link to St Joe News Press interview with NW Coach McCollum following the NCAA announcement to cancel. https://www.newspressnow.com/sports/...72d1a7be4.html
                                Last edited by NW Normal; 03-14-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X