Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: NCAA Basketball 2019-20

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    The game ended a while ago and Nebraska has not been allowed to leave their locker room. They are under quarantine. It hasn't yet been reported what the coach was sick with.

    If he does have coronavirus, that's a wrap on the NCAA tournament.

    It also looks like the Huskers had two football players on the roster tonight.
    He's also had heart issues, so it could easily be that again too. I don't know if it has reached Nebraska, but there's also another flu going around that lasts about a week. I had it, but no news about it really at all as we have flu shots that cover it and I can just blame myself for not getting one. It has no sore throat, unlike the Coronavirus and left me unable to keep food down..

    Your post is what I'm afraid of happening, people jumping to conclusions about other flus or allergies and coughing for that matter as we enter spring. Tom Hanks did it right thinking ordinary flu first and testing for it too.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

      He's also had heart issues, so it could easily be that again too. I don't know if it has reached Nebraska, but there's also another flu going around that lasts about a week. I had it, but no news about it really at all as we have flu shots that cover it and I can just blame myself for not getting one. It has no sore throat, unlike the Coronavirus and left me unable to keep food down..

      Your post is what I'm afraid of happening, people jumping to conclusions about other flus or allergies and coughing for that matter as we enter spring. Tom Hanks did it right thinking ordinary flu first and testing for it too.
      I read your post a couple times and I'm lost. What conclusions did I jump too?

      I don't recall saying Coach Hoiberg has the virus, at least I'm not seeing where I said it in my post... I'll need a little help on that one.

      *IF* coach has coronavirus, I think it's a logical assumption that the NCAA would cancel the tournament. That's different than coming to the conclusion that he has it, however.

      EDIT: Reports are saying Influenza A. I'm glad I didn't assume he had COVID 19. *eye roll*
      Last edited by SW_Mustang; 03-11-2020, 10:44 PM.

      Comment


      • Just saw this from Fred's son Jack. He is OK.

        Last edited by laker; 03-11-2020, 10:49 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by laker View Post
          Just saw this from Fred's son Jack. He is OK.
          That's good to hear.

          Coming from the reporters at the arena, it sounded like a tense situation. Nebraska was held in the locker room for well after an hour after the game.

          I hope he feels better soon.

          Comment


          • AAC has cancelled their conference tournament:
            https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...nt/5031589002/

            Comment


            • Big 10 and ACC cancelled tourneys.

              Comment


              • Add the Big 12 and the WAC.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

                  I read your post a couple times and I'm lost. What conclusions did I jump too?

                  I don't recall saying Coach Hoiberg has the virus, at least I'm not seeing where I said it in my post... I'll need a little help on that one.

                  *IF* coach has coronavirus, I think it's a logical assumption that the NCAA would cancel the tournament. That's different than coming to the conclusion that he has it, however.

                  EDIT: Reports are saying Influenza A. I'm glad I didn't assume he had COVID 19. *eye roll*
                  The jump to canceling the tournament, although it seems that the B1G has done just that. The scariest thing, Influenza A can be deadly in the young and elderly and we are glad he has it instead? That just shows how much the fear has come to and I hope when Tom Hanks recovers in 1-2 weeks that some of the hysteria goes away.

                  I also saw reports that the NCAA is looking to use a smaller venue for the Final Four. I wonder if the Hawk's arena has opened up for use or maybe one of the colleges in the area. Also if San Diego State gets the #1 seed in the East and Duke as the #2 it won't be as much of a factor in going to Madison Square Garden, AKA Cameron North.

                  Comment


                  • MAC has cancelled so, no MACtion.

                    PAC 12 has cancelled.

                    St John's and Creighton are playing right now. There can't be too many other games still scheduled.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

                      The jump to canceling the tournament, although it seems that the B1G has done just that. The scariest thing, Influenza A in most age brackets has has similar death rate and we are glad he has it instead? That just shows how much the fear has come to and I hope when Tom Hanks recovers in 1-2 weeks that some of the hysteria goes away.
                      Who exactly said they were "glad" Coach Hoiberg has Influenza A?

                      As far as my comment regarding the tournament, it came off as more dramatic than I intended it too - but it's not an illogical statement regarding what the NCAA would do if a player or coach did come down with the virus. Do I want them to shut down the tournament? Absolutely not. Do I think it's irrational? Absolutely. Do I think they would shut the thing down, or at least postpone it, if a player or coach got the virus? Yes, I do.

                      I almost get the sense that you think I have an irrational fear of the coronavirus. Again, I'm not sure what I said that gave that impression, but no - I am not afraid of the coronavirus. I'm not the cause nor am I contributing to the unprecedented societal unrest (at least during my lifetime), but I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little interested in what's going on.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by laker View Post
                        Add the Big 12 and the WAC.
                        Add the SEC to that list.

                        Comment


                        • Not CBB related, but the NHL is expected to suspend operations.

                          https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...f-coronavirus/

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

                            The jump to canceling the tournament, although it seems that the B1G has done just that. The scariest thing, Influenza A can be deadly in the young and elderly and we are glad he has it instead? That just shows how much the fear has come to and I hope when Tom Hanks recovers in 1-2 weeks that some of the hysteria goes away.

                            I also saw reports that the NCAA is looking to use a smaller venue for the Final Four. I wonder if the Hawk's arena has opened up for use or maybe one of the colleges in the area. Also if San Diego State gets the #1 seed in the East and Duke as the #2 it won't be as much of a factor in going to Madison Square Garden, AKA Cameron North.
                            The fact that this is even a news ‘story’ is what is exactly wrong with the coverage of this pandemic. Suddenly it’s a bigger deal when Tom Hanks has it? The media is LOVING this. They can’t feed people fast enough with overreaction and coverage.

                            This isn’t me saying YOU are making a big deal of Hanks. Just quoting you. Also, I am not saying this isn’t a big deal. Just not as big as the hype. Not even close. There is a dollar behind everything, and the media outlets are cashing in on our hysteria.

                            Comment


                            • Duke and Kansas are out of the NCAA tournament.

                              https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...6ee-story.html

                              Comment


                              • NJCAA - Postponing their DI and DII basketball championships
                                NAIA - All winter championships cancelled
                                NCCAA - Men's and Women's D2 basketball championships cancelled

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X