Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: NCAA Basketball 2019-20

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by laker View Post
    New Texas WBB coach is Vic Schaefer: his Mississippi State team ended UConn's 111-game win streak in 2017 Final Four in Dallas and he was Gary Blair's 'defensive coordinator' on 2010-11 A&M national champs.

    I feel bad that every really good coach at MSU seems to end up somewhere up the chain. First Florida for football, now this. Too bad that they din't win it all after going to the finals twice.
    Those folks who find it shocking that Schaefer would leave Miss State for Texas have obviously never been to Starkville. It’s aptly named.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by catatonic View Post

      Those folks who find it shocking that Schaefer would leave Miss State for Texas have obviously never been to Starkville. It’s aptly named.
      I was reading some comments from who I assumed to be Aggie fans. They thought that Schaefer might be the one to replace Gary Blair, who is 74, at A&M. Speculation was that he and Schaefer have had a falling out- Schaefer was his top assistant when the Aggies won the national title.

      Comment


      • Not NCAA but men's basketball with a twist.

        Tamara Moore, who played basketball for Minneapolis North, Wisconsin and the Lynx, will be the men’s head basketball coach at Mesabi Range Community College. She's believed to be the first woman to lead a men's college team. http://strib.mn/34vD6ay #WNBA

        Comment


        • Another female story- Lauren Cox from Baylor, talking about playing with diabetes.

          https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...aft-basketball

          Comment


          • Originally posted by laker View Post
            Another female story- Lauren Cox from Baylor, talking about playing with diabetes.

            https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...aft-basketball
            I know Adam Morrison also played basketball with diabetes, even taking injections during games. He of course went on to the NBA and is now on the Gonzaga radio team.

            Comment


            • Muffet McGraw retires from Notre Dame after 33 seasons.

              https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...ach-notre-dame

              Comment


              • Originally posted by laker View Post
                Muffet McGraw retires from Notre Dame after 33 seasons.

                https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...ach-notre-dame
                Tired of sittin' on her tuffet.

                Comment


                • Sadly Aaron Hernandez style news out of Tulane, one of their players who has declared for the NBA draft has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

                  Comment


                  • Cal Baptist now eligible for the WAC playoffs.

                    https://cbulancers.com/news/2020/4/2...ournament.aspx

                    Comment


                    • https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...regious-severe

                      Comment


                      • Will this turn Kansas into a football school???

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by laker View Post

                          Will this turn Kansas into a football school???
                          Their football mentioned too, but only class 2 and class 3 infractions. I wonder if the NCAA would put a post season ban on such a money maker for the tourney, Louisville not near the level of Kansas. With that many class 1, now would be the time for another Death Penalty sanctions though.

                          There are other schools still waiting on the NCAA on the infractions list like Arizona, so maybe we will have some word on them too.

                          Comment


                          • Jeff Goodman

                            @GoodmanHoops
                            ·
                            2h
                            Stephen F. Austin will have multiple sports - including men’s basketball - serve a postseason ban due to falling under the APR threshold. Sources told
                            @Stadium
                            it was due to an administrative error in academic certification process. Men’s basketball will serve ban in 2021-22.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by laker View Post
                              Jeff Goodman

                              @GoodmanHoops
                              ·
                              2h
                              Stephen F. Austin will have multiple sports - including men’s basketball - serve a postseason ban due to falling under the APR threshold. Sources told
                              @Stadium
                              it was due to an administrative error in academic certification process. Men’s basketball will serve ban in 2021-22.
                              I saw there were 15 schools hit by this.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

                                I saw there were 15 schools hit by this.
                                I found some of them.

                                https://hbcugameday.com/2020/05/19/h...ason-2020-apr/

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X