Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: NCAA Basketball 2019-20

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Me watching a women's basketball game with all of my friends at my junior college alma mater Ridgewater who came back to win 65-56. Busy writing down information that will probably never be used.........

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
      #1 Kentucky goes down at home to Evansville!!! This is the biggest upset in years!!!
      Not quite as big, but another SEC team in #15 Florida goes down at an unranked foe in UConn. Not looking good for the mighty SEC in the early season, but I won't fault one of their non-conference losses with an unranked team losing to a top 10 team from another conference.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

        Not quite as big, but another SEC team in #15 Florida goes down at an unranked foe in UConn. Not looking good for the mighty SEC in the early season, but I won't fault one of their non-conference losses with an unranked team losing to a top 10 team from another conference.
        B1G 10 hasn’t looked good either

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

          Not quite as big, but another SEC team in #15 Florida goes down at an unranked foe in UConn. Not looking good for the mighty SEC in the early season, but I won't fault one of their non-conference losses with an unranked team losing to a top 10 team from another conference.

          I’m not sure anyone has ever called SEC basketball “mighty.” Kentucky is the only SEC team that might be considered a basketball “blueblood,” although various other teams have had occasional flashes of brilliance over the years. Now if we were talking football....

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by catatonic View Post


            I’m not sure anyone has ever called SEC basketball “mighty.” Kentucky is the only SEC team that might be considered a basketball “blueblood,” although various other teams have had occasional flashes of brilliance over the years. Now if we were talking football....
            You may be right, only 4 top 25 teams and the WCC has 2. What is funny is in the Gonzaga/Texas A&M pregame on the SEC network is how they were talking about how the SEC was looking at 8 or 9 teams in March in the tourney. They were also though talking about if Gonzaga was a "blueblood" or just elite and were thinking they now are a "blueblood". You may also remember Auburn made the Final 4 last season which I'll count as an "occasional flash of brilliance".

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

              B1G 10 hasn’t looked good either
              And both had teams lose at home to mid majors. Northwestern and South Carolina.

              Comment


              • #22
                I went to Brookings last night and watched the Jackrabbits beat North Alabama 78-73. Jacks had a huge advantage rebounding and at the free throw line.

                Great atmosphere in Frost Arena. Always a fun experience to see a game there.

                Comment


                • #23
                  For the second straight year a #1 Duke team goes down the week of Thanksgiving, this time at home in OT to Stephen F. Austin.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                    For the second straight year a #1 Duke team goes down the week of Thanksgiving, this time at home in OT to Stephen F. Austin.
                    While SFA is a respectable program, this is yet ANOTHER huge upset. For non conference loss at home since 2000. Another scenario that the winning team wanted it more.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

                      While SFA is a respectable program, this is yet ANOTHER huge upset. For non conference loss at home since 2000. Another scenario that the winning team wanted it more.
                      SFA beating Duke in the Blue Devils home court ranks alongside Appalachian State taking down Michigan in the Big House as one of the biggest upsets in the history of collegiate sports.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by catatonic View Post

                        SFA beating Duke in the Blue Devils home court ranks alongside Appalachian State taking down Michigan in the Big House as one of the biggest upsets in the history of collegiate sports.
                        Stephen F. Austin's win tonight at Duke was the first time that the Blue Devils lost a non-conference home game since St. John's won at Cameron Indoor Stadium on February 26th, 2000.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by laker View Post

                          Stephen F. Austin's win tonight at Duke was the first time that the Blue Devils lost a non-conference home game since St. John's won at Cameron Indoor Stadium on February 26th, 2000.
                          SFA is not a bad D1-AA basketball school. They have had several post season appearance.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            A bit surprised no Michigan fans have said it, but Michigan beat #6 UNC 73-64 in the Bahamas. The third Top 10 team to go down this week to an unranked team.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              the undefeated maize n blue just pounded the hell outta unc despite a ridiculous disparity in fouls called...three victories already over likely tournament teams...I am a believer in Howard! great move bringing in martelli!


                              Kahn your zags are next!


                              kle I'm curious of your thoughts on this team

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                                A bit surprised no Michigan fans have said it, but Michigan beat #6 UNC 73-64 in the Bahamas. The third Top 10 team to go down this week to an unranked team.
                                the game just ended

                                they were up by 26 at one point even w their best player on bench in foul trouble

                                I expected them to b better than most expected but I didn't expect this


                                I still would have really loved to watch belien coach this team with his 4th year starting Sr pg and dominant senior center

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X