Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D2 Bowl Games 2019

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • D2 Bowl Games 2019

    Just curious if there are still a couple of D2 bowl games this year.

  • #2
    Live United Bowl (Texarkana, AR) - GAC autobid vs at-large from LSC or MIAA

    Mineral Water Bowl (Exceslior Springs, MO) - NSIC autobid vs at-large

    Heritage Bowl (Corsicana, TX) - two at-large bids chosen from the GAC, LSC, and MIAA

    American Crossroads Bowl (Hobart, IN) - GLVC autobid vs GMAC autobid

    Heart of Texas Bowl (Waco, TX) - LSC autobid v at-large

    Comment


    • #3
      Got to think if Henderson State doesn’t make the PO they are automatic for the Live United Bowl unless they get an invite and want to go play in Heritage Bowl or HOT Bowl. SAU will probably get selected for which ever one HSU doesn’t want.

      Comment


      • #4
        American Crossroads Bowl should be interesting this year. On the GLVC side you are probably gonna have a conference champ in Lindenwood, who beat then #7 Indianapolis. On GMAC, you probably get a solid Findlay team or Ohio Dominican who isnt too bad either. I may even make the long drive to Hobart for this one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by purduefan11 View Post
          American Crossroads Bowl should be interesting this year. On the GLVC side you are probably gonna have a conference champ in Lindenwood, who beat then #7 Indianapolis. On GMAC, you probably get a solid Findlay team or Ohio Dominican who isnt too bad either. I may even make the long drive to Hobart for this one.
          Don't count us out of the playoffs just yet! :)

          Still a chance if the chips fall right this weekend. If they do, Truman will be making the trip. Very solid defense and a dangerous offense.
          Cool Story Bro

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

            Don't count us out of the playoffs just yet! :)

            Still a chance if the chips fall right this weekend. If they do, Truman will be making the trip. Very solid defense and a dangerous offense.
            You would somehow need Henderson State, Grand Valley, and NW Missouri State to all lose this next weekend, and you would have to at least win by 40 this weekend to make the playoff. Get ready for the beautiful tourist attractions of Hobart, IN my friend.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by purduefan11 View Post

              You would somehow need Henderson State, Grand Valley, and NW Missouri State to all lose this next weekend, and you would have to at least win by 40 this weekend to make the playoff. Get ready for the beautiful tourist attractions of Hobart, IN my friend.
              Would definitely need at least 1 of the 3. Decent chance with just 2 of 3. Would LOVE for all 3! I don't think margin of victory is considered though. At least not what I've seen when I'm running the numbers.
              Cool Story Bro

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by purduefan11 View Post

                You would somehow need Henderson State, Grand Valley, and NW Missouri State to all lose this next weekend, and you would have to at least win by 40 this weekend to make the playoff. Get ready for the beautiful tourist attractions of Hobart, IN my friend.
                Margin of victory does not come into play.

                Comment


                • #9
                  On a side note, at least one team from the MIAA has said they won't participate in a bowl:

                  “I didn’t want to really give our kids — I don’t know how to say this in a nice way — a fruit snack and a juice box for a consolation prize of playing in a bowl game. I’m not saying it’s bad (to play in a bowl), but I just think we’re past that right now.”

                  https://www.hdnews.net/sports/201911...aturday-at-nsu

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                    On a side note, at least one team from the MIAA has said they won't participate in a bowl:

                    “I didn’t want to really give our kids — I don’t know how to say this in a nice way — a fruit snack and a juice box for a consolation prize of playing in a bowl game. I’m not saying it’s bad (to play in a bowl), but I just think we’re past that right now.”

                    https://www.hdnews.net/sports/201911...aturday-at-nsu
                    Lol.... I guess he doesn't feel like his team needs the work?
                    Cool Story Bro

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Kentucky State and Lincoln MO were supposed to play in a postseason game that was titled the "St. Louis Football Classic" but it appears to have been cancelled.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

                        Would definitely need at least 1 of the 3. Decent chance with just 2 of 3. Would LOVE for all 3! I don't think margin of victory is considered though. At least not what I've seen when I'm running the numbers.
                        i know, but a decisive victory in the last week would not hurt the chances.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by purduefan11 View Post
                          American Crossroads Bowl should be interesting this year. On the GLVC side you are probably gonna have a conference champ in Lindenwood, who beat then #7 Indianapolis. On GMAC, you probably get a solid Findlay team or Ohio Dominican who isnt too bad either. I may even make the long drive to Hobart for this one.
                          Be sure to have your best cold weather apparel. Cold wind blowing off the lake is no joke in December.

                          Comment

                          Ad3

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X