Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Championship Weekend in McKinney

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    Agreed. They can put the game anywhere they want. At the end of the day, it seems to me the only thing that will contribute to having a good crowd is having at least one of the teams within 6 or so hours driving time or less. Obviously, that can't be predicted so it's more coincidence than anything else.
    Last edited by UNA_Texan; 12-16-2018, 12:31 PM.
    Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
      Yes,
      I will not argue the national championship in volleyball, but the Chiefs? Nope. Chiefs are IT in KC with the Royals second and Sporting third. Some would argue that Kansas basketball in second in town.

Comment

Add in less than a week

You just nailed a big part of attendance issues. I wanted to fly to Dallas, but with less than a week, airfares were out of reach at $500.00 ++,
        and driving was just to long for my fat ass.

Wish it were back in Florence. I thought they did a great job. And the locals could not be more accommodating and friendly.

**And it doesn't compete with other sports or venues.
        <>

Comment

..>
          Last edited by Wide_Right; 12-16-2018, 02:23 PM. Reason: Double Post.
          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
            You just nailed a big part of attendance issues. I wanted to fly to Dallas, but with less than a week, airfares were out of reach at $500.00 ++,
            and driving was just to long for my fat ass.

Wish it were back in Florence. I thought they did a great job. And the locals could not be more accommodating and friendly.

**And it doesn't compete with other sports or venues.
            On top of driving individually, schools could use the additional time to set up fan bus and hotel packages which would be during the winter break.
            Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Some problems have no solution :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

On top of driving individually, schools could use the additional time to set up fan bus and hotel packages which would be during the winter break.

BL linked to me how Ferris Admin, did just that, You saw how many were there. Our Athletic Director really dropped the ball.
                <>

Comment

Comment

BL linked to me how Ferris Admin, did just that, You saw how many were there. Our Athletic Director really dropped the ball.
                    Not sure if the administration sponsored it. Looks like their alumni association. Look at it and see what you think.
                    http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/s...20181208vvn0tn

This is what we offered:
                    Leave Friday and travel all night. Arrive at the stadium before game time to change clothes at the stadium and attend the game. Leave after the game to return home. Both nights sleeping on the bus. Students $75. Fans $225.

#BlazerNation

Comment

The attendance for the Allen-Duncanville high school semi-final at Jerry World that day was estimated at just under 28K!!!

Comment

Is it the athletic director's job to get students to a football game? He sure has dropped the ball. He's hired three coaches that have won football national championships, but he's being pilloried for not getting students a ride to a football game?

If anyone is going to catch heat, shouldn't it be the student affairs/campus life people?

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                          Is it the athletic director's job to get students to a football game? He sure has dropped the ball. He's hired three coaches that have won football national championships, but he's being pilloried for not getting students a ride to a football game?

If anyone is going to catch heat, shouldn't it be the student affairs/campus life people?
                          Wouldn't he have an assistant that could handle this?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

I don't think it is the AD's job. He has enough to do with the team and support staff.

But I think there are other factors.
                              For one, working folks will need to be able to get off work for a few days. People need more time to do that. Another factor is money. If you have kids with Christmas coming up people hesitate to go.
                              It puts a lot of strain too say if you traveled to the semi-final game for not only only the school and team, but fans too.
                              Waiting until January would give you 2-3 weeks to prepare.

Anyway. Just some thoughts.
                              Last edited by BlazerLady; 12-17-2018, 06:23 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                                Wouldn't he have an assistant that could handle this?

Again, does physically getting students to a game fall under the athletic department?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X