Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Championship Weekend in McKinney

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Does anyone know, when was the last them ALL semi-finalist, came in undefeated??
    I can't find it.
    I believe KleShreen said it's never happened before.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
      I believe KleShreen said it's never happened before.
      Correct, has never happened since the playoffs started in 1973.

Went through all the playoffs for all of those years and checked each of the four teams in the semifinals until I found one with at least one loss entering the semifinal games.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        Correct, has never happened since the playoffs started in 1973.

Went through all the playoffs for all of those years and checked each of the four teams in the semifinals until I found one with at least one loss entering the semifinal games.

Thanks Kle!

Saturday is going to be extra special.
        <>

Comment

It would be nice if they put all 3 championship games (d1aa, d2, d3) in the same place. Do one on Friday night and then the other two on Saturday. I feel like it would boost attendance for all three games. I know if I was going to one then I probably would look into going to the other 2.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
            thats a problem - this isn't hs - need a cigar and beer for pre-game warmup...
            Just take a flask of something smooth and mellow. Or two flasks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer06 View Post
              It would be nice if they put all 3 championship games (d1aa, d2, d3) in the same place. Do one on Friday night and then the other two on Saturday. I feel like it would boost attendance for all three games. I know if I was going to one then I probably would look into going to the other 2.

Comment

You can say D3 too. I like the idea though as 3 games in one day would be great for fans there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                  You can say D3 too. I like the idea though as 3 games in one day would be great for fans there.

I agree.

Comment

I don't know. The FCS championship is usually the same day as the Saturday matchups of the NFL Wildcard round. That gets small viewing numbers airing before the first NFL game of the day. You want to throw two more lower division championships into that mix? Unless the plan is to air three at the same time on different ESPN channels, it seems like a bad idea.

FWIW I recall the FCS championship being held when it is in part to wanting avoid Christmas and New Years. Does the NCAA care enough about D2 and D3 football to do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                      I don't know. The FCS championship is usually the same day as the Saturday matchups of the NFL Wildcard round. That gets small viewing numbers airing before the first NFL game of the day. You want to throw two more lower division championships into that mix? Unless the plan is to air three at the same time on different ESPN channels, it seems like a bad idea.

FWIW I recall the FCS championship being held when it is in part to wanting avoid Christmas and New Years. Does the NCAA care enough about D2 and D3 football to do the same?
                      Have D3 on Thursday night. D2 on Friday night. The viewing numbers for them right now are not that big to begin with. The casual football fan who only pays attention to the FBS ranks and the NFL probably had no clue it was on. D2 and D3 football is what you would call a niche sport.

Comment

What was final attendance...?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat06 View Post
                          What was final attendance...?

Comment

I think "last few" games in KC is inaccurate. Last year's attendance was similar. 2016 attendance was 9500 and 2015 was 16000 but those were obviously with NW playing. 2014 was 6700.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                              I think "last few" games in KC is inaccurate. Last year's attendance was similar. 2016 attendance was 9500 and 2015 was 16000 but those were obviously with NW playing. 2014 was 6700.
                              And the thing to remember about last year's game in KC - the Chiefs were playing that night along with the NCAA D-I Volleyball Final Four. A lot of things for the casual sports fan to do in KC last year. Not to mention only about 50 West Florida fans showed up. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                                And the thing to remember about last year's game in KC - the Chiefs were playing that night along with the NCAA D-I Volleyball Final Four. A lot of things for the casual sports fan to do in KC last year. Not to mention only about 50 West Florida fans showed up. :wink:
                                Agreed. They can put the game anywhere they want. At the end of the day, it seems to me the only thing that will contribute to having a good crowd is having at least one of the teams within 6 or so hours driving time or less. Obviously, that can't be predicted so it's more coincidence than anything else.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X