Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: D3 Mount Union vs. North Central

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT: D3 Mount Union vs. North Central

    Saw this floating around - #1 Ranked Mount Union has not missed the semi-finals since 1994, but got knocked off in the second round by North Central today. Some of the stats from the game are bonkers, and the game fetched 111 total points.

    https://www.cleveland.com/sports/201...-25-years.html

  • #2
    Wisconsin-Whitewater and Mary Hardin-Baylor play each other in the next round. Two of D3's big three will be eliminated by this time next week, crazy to think. Like the possibility of some new blood making a deep run in D3 though. Especially since Salisbury is still alive in the D3 playoffs. Gotta root for my Maryland teams lol.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
      Wisconsin-Whitewater and Mary Hardin-Baylor play each other in the next round. Two of D3's big three will be eliminated by this time next week, crazy to think. Like the possibility of some new blood making a deep run in D3 though. Especially since Salisbury is still alive in the D3 playoffs. Gotta root for my Maryland teams lol.
      Hopefully Salisbury goes down to Muhlenberg. Gotta root for my native Lehigh Valley, PA (Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area) teams. :)

      Delaware Valley, located roughly 30 miles north of Philadelphia in Doylestown, PA, is also still alive in the D3 playoffs. The Muhlenberg/Salisbury winner and Delaware Valley/North Central (IL) winner will play each other in the D3 semifinals.

      Comment


      • #4
        Amazing run by Mount Union. Nice to have someone else get there instead.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by laker View Post
          Amazing run by Mount Union. Nice to have someone else get there instead.
          I think for a 12 year run from 2005-2017 (might have the years mixed up) only 3 teams (!!!) made it to the Stagg Bowl title game. Mount Union, Wis-Whitewater, and St. Thomas (MN). That tells ya D3 football is very top heavy and it’s the largest division out there which makes it more impressive..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

            I think for a 12 year run from 2005-2017 (might have the years mixed up) only 3 teams (!!!) made it to the Stagg Bowl title game. Mount Union, Wis-Whitewater, and St. Thomas (MN). That tells ya D3 football is very top heavy and it’s the largest division out there which makes it more impressive..
            Looks like it was 2005-2015. Still a crazy stat.
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              Saw this floating around - #1 Ranked Mount Union has not missed the semi-finals since 1994, but got knocked off in the second round by North Central today. Some of the stats from the game are bonkers, and the game fetched 111 total points.

              https://www.cleveland.com/sports/201...-25-years.html
              WOW! Great article - wish I was there to witness.

              Comment

              Ad3

              Collapse
              Working...
              X