Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting Question

The college admissions association recently eliminated its ethics standard about colleges recruiting a student after he/she has submitted their deposit. How does that translate to NCAA recruiting? Anybody think that a kid will submit an NLI then later the admissions office of another school will contact him about changing his mind?

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    The college admissions association recently eliminated its ethics standard about colleges recruiting a student after he/she has submitted their deposit. How does that translate to NCAA recruiting? Anybody think that a kid will submit an NLI then later the admissions office of another school will contact him about changing his mind?
    In the wording of my daughter's NLI, it is a contract between the school and the student. Where if the student changes their mind they have to be released from their NLI or they have to sit out of athletic competition for a year at the new institution and lose a year of eligibility (could use their red-shirt). Apparently they have a site www.national-letter.org. Maybe that will clear things up for you.

I'd wager if you put a deposit down to go to a school, you'd just lose that deposit. But I haven't had the need to look into that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X