Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Domino Has Fallen

Canada has pulled out of the 2020 Olympic games due to health concerns. Expect other countries to follow.

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/202...CehYTaAZUhBeo0

What are the chances that the IOC moves to hold the Olympics next summer? That would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      What are the chances that the IOC moves to hold the Olympics next summer? That would be interesting.

Comment

I see no reason not to delay the Olympics for a year. There are a lot more things happening that are more important right now.

I think more and more public schools will not have students return to the buildings until next fall. I've been told by my college employer that there would be no more on site visits by mentors. Any contacts will be done on Zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          I see no reason not to delay the Olympics for a year. There are a lot more things happening that are more important right now.

I think more and more public schools will not have students return to the buildings until next fall. I've been told by my college employer that there would be no more on site visits by mentors. Any contacts will be done on Zoom.
          I'm fully expecting Minnesota to be shut down - if not today, than by next Monday.

Walz is in self-quarantine, Klobuchar's husband is in the hospital, and Flannagan unfortunately lost her brother.

Comment

I'm not even allowed to go to another coworkers desk to talk, communication has to be done by phone, Skype, or Teams. It feels so weird calling people that sit 10 feet away from you.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

I'm not even allowed to go to another coworkers desk to talk, communication has to be done by phone, Skype, or Teams. It feels so weird calling people that sit 10 feet away from you.
              That seems so much like teenagers that I've seen the last few years.....................

Comment

That seems so much like teenagers that I've seen the last few years.....................
                Teenagers don't call anymore, Laker.

They text, Snapchat, and Tik Tok.

Comment

Teenagers don't call anymore, Laker.

They text, Snapchat, and Tik Tok.
                  A few years ago Chris Schmidt from BLHS-Hutchinson was wrestling in Hector. I've picked rocks with him- great kid- so I was there to watch. Now he finished 3rd in the state an later finished 2nd in the nation for Ridgewater in junior college. Anyway, he is wrestling. I look around at his classmates- most of them were sitting there texting. I felt like walking around, grabbing the phones and stomping on them. A buddy of mine said he walked into a restaurant- six HS kids sitting at a booth- all of them texting someone else. So much for group conversation.

Comment

A few years ago Chris Schmidt from BLHS-Hutchinson was wrestling in Hector. I've picked rocks with him- great kid- so I was there to watch. Now he finished 3rd in the state an later finished 2nd in the nation for Ridgewater in junior college. Anyway, he is wrestling. I look around at his classmates- most of them were sitting there texting. I felt like walking around, grabbing the phones and stomping on them. A buddy of mine said he walked into a restaurant- six HS kids sitting at a booth- all of them texting someone else. So much for group conversation.
                    I'm guilty of it myself at times. I think that's just the way things are these days. In 20-30 years, we'll be asking why kids don't text anymore and just beam information into each others' brains.

Comment

I'm guilty of it myself at times. I think that's just the way things are these days. In 20-30 years, we'll be asking why kids don't text anymore and just beam information into each others' brains.
                      Sounds like Zager & Evans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

Comment

They've all fallen, as of today the Summer Olympics have been postponed for one year.

Last edited by crixus; 03-24-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                          They've all fallen, as of today the Summer Olympics have been postponed for one year.

This was the obvious choice, but a lot of sports that wouldn't be in the spotlight otherwise are going to be hurt by a lack of eyeballs for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

This was the obvious choice, but a lot of sports that wouldn't be in the spotlight otherwise are going to be hurt by a lack of eyeballs for another year.
                            I was really looking forward to Rugby Sevens.

Comment

BREAKING: Tokyo Olympics has been rescheduled to July 23, 2021

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X