• Show
Clear All

• crixus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Kudos to the NFL.
    Though NFL medical officer Allen Sills acknowledged "COVID zero" is not an attainable goal, he told ESPN's Kevin Seifert the league's high COVID-19 vaccination rates could model a way out for the country.
    Last edited by crixus; 09-08-2021, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

They are also trying to save the Seattle Seawolves professional rugby team. They really seem to have great leadership, but staying a Canucks fan first and Kraken 2nd.
    I'm a Sharks fan only...but I admire what the Kraken are doing for the community. When I visit my sister in Palm Springs I'll go watch Seattle's AHL affiliate play in the 2022-2023 season.

??????

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

They haven't even played an NHL game yet and they're already giving back. Kudos to the Kraken and the other donor$.
    They are also trying to save the Seattle Seawolves professional rugby team. They really seem to have great leadership, but staying a Canucks fan first and Kraken 2nd.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    As it has been talked about in here, Alaska Anchorage is re-instating hockey thanks to help from the Seattle Kraken and their donors:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...hockey-program
    They haven't even played an NHL game yet and they're already giving back. Kudos to the Kraken and the other donor$.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    As it has been talked about in here, Alaska Anchorage is re-instating hockey thanks to help from the Seattle Kraken and their donors:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...hockey-program

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    https://gvsulakers.com/news/2021/8/3...-canceled.aspx

GVSU vs Edinboro game has been canceled due to COVID issues at Edinboro.

Leave a comment:

• Uwfalum98
    replied
    QB Ryan Tannehill among nine from Tennessee Titans positive for COVID-19, sources say

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...19-sources-say

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Looking at both homepages I still don't know which team has the problem. They both announce the cancellation "due to Covid-19 protocol" but neither seems to say it's on us. Clarification, please.
    The big hint would be that USF wants to play a game on Sept 4th but St Francis says that their next game will be Sept 22. I don't understand why someone doesn't own up and just say it but the spin factor doesn't seem to allow that anymore.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Just saw this. The St Francis IL @ St Thomas game scheduled for Sept 4th has been cancelled due to Covid. UST is looking for a replacement either on that date or later in the season.

St. Thomas-St. Francis football game cancelled due to COVID protocols - The University of St. Thomas (tommiesports.com)
    Looking at both homepages I still don't know which team has the problem. They both announce the cancellation "due to Covid-19 protocol" but neither seems to say it's on us. Clarification, please.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Just saw this. The St Francis IL @ St Thomas game scheduled for Sept 4th has been cancelled due to Covid. UST is looking for a replacement either on that date or later in the season.

St. Thomas-St. Francis football game cancelled due to COVID protocols - The University of St. Thomas (tommiesports.com)

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    RICE UNIVERSITY just announced they are pushing back in-person classes for 2 weeks and doing on-line instead.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    TOKYO, Aug 8 - Organisers of the Tokyo Olympics reported 26 new Games-related COVID-19 cases on Sunday, bringing the total since July 1 to 430 cases.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...source=twitter

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    TOKYO (Reuters) -Japan said on Friday it will expand states of emergency to three prefectures near Olympic host Tokyo and the western prefecture of Osaka, as COVID-19 cases spike in the capital and around the country, overshadowing the Summer Games. Tokyo, already under its fourth state of emergency since the pandemic began, announced 3,300 new daily cases, after a record 3,865 on Thursday. Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga told a news conference the virus is spreading at an unprecedented speed largely because of Delta variant, adding he is worried the country's hospital beds could become stretched.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Olympians' friends and family have had to cheer for their athletes from a great distance

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X