Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police presents at upcoming D2 Football Games?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    less likely

There will be a season dammit!

It's called Fall !
    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Relevant portion starts at 1:49:30 DNC LGBTQ Caucus Meeting "We're talking about abolishing the police. We're talking about abolishing ICE. We're talking about abolishing prisons."
      University studies have carefully analyzed the effects of both a gradual pulling back on enforcement of crimes (both petty and serious felonies) and reducing staffing and funding of police. They had two prime examples as to where this has been done along with the ramifications these actions brought. The examples of systematic scaled back enforcement and a reduction of adequate police funding were Caracus Venezuela, and Tijuana Mexico. Both of these cities now compete for the top spot as the most dangerous cities in the world.

A large percentage of these city's residents now live in fear of their families and their own safety and lives 24 hours a day. Again, in both situations, a small but very vocal percentage of these city's population pushed for those changes, now everyone suffers the effects of these changes.

The majority of their citizens are now pushing to get things reversed, but. unfortunately the damage is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

University studies have carefully analyzed the effects of both a gradual pulling back on enforcement of crimes (both petty and serious felonies) and reducing staffing and funding of police. They had two prime examples as to where this has been done along with the ramifications these actions brought. The examples of systematic scaled back enforcement and a reduction of adequate police funding were Caracus Venezuela, and Tijuana Mexico. Both of these cities now compete for the top spot as the most dangerous cities in the world.

A large percentage of these city's residents now live in fear of their families and their own safety and lives 24 hours a day. Again, in both situations, a small but very vocal percentage of these city's population pushed for those changes, now everyone suffers the effects of these changes.

The majority of their citizens are now pushing to get things reversed, but. unfortunately the damage is done.
        Are we comparing ourselves to Venezuela and Mexico now? Can we possibly compare our police to like countries? It seems anytime it fits an agenda we are okay with comparing to what we otherwise view as lesser countries rather than striving to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Are we comparing ourselves to Venezuela and Mexico now? Can we possibly compare our police to like countries? It seems anytime it fits an agenda we are okay with comparing to what we otherwise view as lesser countries rather than striving to improve.
          Interestingly enough, it wasn't all that long ago that Caracas Venezuela was one of the most successful, prosperous, and safest cities in South America, to which many described as the Crown Jewel. It was in fact similar to many nice American cities. https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/venezuela/caracas/

Also, it wasn't all that long ago that Tijuana (while still a bit quirky) and surrounding areas were safe enough to be a major spring break destination for a lot of American college students, those days are now gone due to the pullback of police presence and enforcement of crimes. Examples are helpful in predicting potential changes when the tip of the tail is able to start wagging the dog.
          Last edited by Eagle74; 08-21-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Interestingly enough, it wasn't all that long ago that Caracas Venezuela was one of the most successful, prosperous, and safest cities in South America, to which many described as the Crown Jewel. It was in fact similar to many nice American cities. https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/venezuela/caracas/

Also, it wasn't all that long ago that Tijuana (while still a bit quirky) and surrounding areas were safe enough to be a major spring break destination for a lot of American college students, those days are now gone due to the pullback of police presence and enforcement of crimes. Examples are helpful in predicting potential changes when the tip of the tail is able to start wagging the dog.
            A lot has changed in both cities over several years. Interestingly enough, many of those changes can be directly tied to US government interference.

Comment

Carnival cruise line used to stop in Caracas, in the 90s. I went with my family when I was in high school. And I spent a great day in Tijuana with a girlfriend I had at the time, summer before 9/11. Just drove down and back from L.A. in my pickup, no passport or anything.

Comment

In that case, can we compare it to the occupied zone in Seattle which had murder, theft, rape, and vandalism in it? Even with a black female chief of police wanting to go in and clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

In that case, can we compare it to the occupied zone in Seattle which had murder, theft, rape, and vandalism in it? Even with a black female chief of police wanting to go in and clean it up.
                  Sure, those exact same things happen with over-funded and under-trained police though so I'm not real sure what you want to compare.

Comment

Sure, those exact same things happen with over-funded and under-trained police though so I'm not real sure what you want to compare.
                    I'm talking about the area where there was no police for about a month. A Seattle council woman turned the area initially over to them. I'm not sure over-funded and under-trained go hand in hand, but I will say under-trained is a problem. Seattle though also has had a homeless problem for years.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Sounds like a single radical with no decision making ability.

Not something I'm going to lose sleep over, but youbdo you I guess.
                      Look at that - you and I have common ground!

Earlier we were told that "Defunding the police means no more military equipment, not taking police off the streets." It's just not the case. "We're talking about abolishing the police."

Perhaps the individual does not have decision making ability, but the DNC felt the message had to heard.

Comment

It's amazing how many experts there are about what training, skills, or even what an LEO job really entails. If you haven't wore the uniform, you have no real idea.

Comment

Originally posted by GVSU89 View Post
                          It's amazing how many experts there are about what training, skills, or even what an LEO job really entails. If you haven't wore the uniform, you have no real idea.
                          Lol. The training required isn't really that difficult to find out, the thought that one must do something in order to be aware of any details about it is what's really amazing. The training that police receive in this country is obviously inadequate.

Comment

Recent history show examples in countries where their police force were either defunded, scaled back enforcement, or both. These decisions were made in Somolia and Zimbabwe. Both are now in ruins with a horrible quality of life with rampant violent crime, as compared to what they were prior. Even with a few changes that may be needed to be made, I wonder what percentage of Americans really want to live with the hell those people now have to deal with 24 hours a day?

Comment

Originally posted by GVSU89 View Post
                              Seeing as how my tax dollars help subsidize said training, and salaries - I don't mind having an opinion on the situation.

Comment

Somalia has been in various stages of civil war since 1986, so this also is a really great comparison.

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/06/13/some...y-train-years/
                                https://polis.osce.org/country-profiles/norway

Why not look at training to start though? I wonder what quality of police officer we would get if we expected them to train for 3 years rather than 16 weeks? I had to train about 16 weeks for my current job and it is nowhere near as potentially life threatening for myself or others if I make a mistake. I have never "wore the uniform" so maybe this is just stupid though...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X