Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Poor UNA has to go out there and play them in 2 weeks. It won't be pretty, I'm sure. But, Utah is beautiful and our team will get a good trip and paycheck. Lol.

UNA is 0-3 after competitive games with Liberty, Jacksonville St, and today at Southern Miss.
    I'm just glad they got to play a Top 25 team. It is good to see a West Coast team in the top 10 and wish that if they go undefeated that the playoff and bowls don't shaft them into a non-New Year's Bowl against a weak team they'll blow out. I mean they have a National Title in their history after all.

I'm also afraid their basketball team may not make the tourney with so few non-conference games if they lose to Gonzaga every time as they are already considered a bubble team to start the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I'm just glad they got to play a Top 25 team. It is good to see a West Coast team in the top 10 and wish that if they go undefeated that the playoff and bowls don't shaft them into a non-New Year's Bowl against a weak team they'll blow out. I mean they have a National Title in their history after all.

I'm also afraid their basketball team may not make the tourney with so few non-conference games if they lose to Gonzaga every time as they are already considered a bubble team to start the season.
      BYU is a west coast team? The ocean must be closer to me than I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Poor UNA has to go out there and play them in 2 weeks. It won't be pretty, I'm sure. But, Utah is beautiful and our team will get a good trip and paycheck. Lol.

UNA is 0-3 after competitive games with Liberty, Jacksonville St, and today at Southern Miss.
        That respectable showing against Liberty is looking better each week. Liberty is legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

BYU is a west coast team? The ocean must be closer to me than I thought.
          You know what I mean. West of the Midwest. They are also in the West Coast Conference for all other sports and would like have been one of three WCC teams in the canceled basketball tournament.

Comment

• BYU and Cincy deserve playoff consideration, but I anticipate florida getting at #4 in after losing the SEC title game to Bama. If the season ended today, I think the playoff would look something like:

1. Bama

2. Ohio State

3. Florida

4. Notre Dame

Comment

You know what I mean. West of the Midwest. They are also in the West Coast Conference for all other sports and would like have been one of three WCC teams in the canceled basketball tournament.
              Just never heard of them referred to as a west coast team before during a long time being of around the WAC and MWC. Sounds funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
                BYU and Cincy deserve playoff consideration, but I anticipate florida getting at #4 in after losing the SEC title game to Bama. If the season ended today, I think the playoff would look something like:

1. Bama

2. Ohio State

3. Florida

4. Notre Dame
                I think if Clemson plays ND in the ACC title game that they will win and get the nod over ND if they don't pick both of them. That assumes that Clemson gets there- BC almost beat them. OSU is the only BIG team barring a miracle- I would love to have Indiana win it- shades of 1967. I don't see any Small 12 team getting in- and a twelve pac team would have to be really impressive to pull of a playoff spot. Gators have already lost to A&M- I think that they would have to beat Bama to get in.

Too bad that there isn't an 8 team playoff because I really like what I see out of BYU and Cinci.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I think if Clemson plays ND in the ACC title game that they will win and get the nod over ND if they don't pick both of them. That assumes that Clemson gets there- BC almost beat them. OSU is the only BIG team barring a miracle- I would love to have Indiana win it- shades of 1967. I don't see any Small 12 team getting in- and a twelve pac team would have to be really impressive to pull of a playoff spot. Gators have already lost to A&M- I think that they would have to beat Bama to get in.

Too bad that there isn't an 8 team playoff because I really like what I see out of BYU and Cinci.
                  I wonder also how much no Trevor Lawrence will effect the committee about Clemson. He was out both the BC and ND games.

Comment

BYU and Cincy deserve playoff consideration, but I anticipate florida getting at #4 in after losing the SEC title game to Bama. If the season ended today, I think the playoff would look something like:

1. Bama

2. Ohio State

3. Florida

4. Notre Dame
                    So no Pac-12 as there is talk of moving the bowls back? What if Oregon or USC run the table in the Pac-12?

Comment

I wonder also how much no Trevor Lawrence will effect the committee about Clemson. He was out both the BC and ND games.
                      Yeah, I think that will affect their evaluation according to how the potential rematch goes.
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

So no Pac-12 as there is talk of moving the bowls back? What if Oregon or USC run the table in the Pac-12?
                        To clarify: that's what I think the playoff would be if the season shut down today. I'm not saying that Oregon or USC won't be deserving of a spot when it's all set and done, but I wouldn't put them in if I had to choose based on results up to this point.

Comment

Comment

• In the initial rankings I think the Pac-12 had more ranked teams. My guess is that if someone like Utah, Washington, etc... can play well they will become ranked. They just dropped out because they weren't playing, same with the B1G teams initially too.

Can I say I'm happy though with what Gonzaga got for their OOC schedule in Basketball? Kansas, Auburn, Baylor, and Iowa. It is good to see the top teams out there trying to schedule games with each other with so many conferences conference only or losing games from canceled Thanksgiving tournaments.

Comment

• Who do you guys think the frontrunners for the heisman are? I think it's mostly between Justin Fields and Kyle Trask, with Zach Wilson and Mac Jones a fair way back.

Comment

Who do you guys think the frontrunners for the heisman are? I think it's mostly between Justin Fields and Kyle Trask, with Zach Wilson and Mac Jones a fair way back.
                                Trask is looking good. He should hope that A&M keeps winning.

I think what will determine the winner could be how many games you lose to Covid in addition to on the field. Lawrence was the front runner, then his missed a game and his team lost.

Wisconsin has missed two games already- if they miss another they won't be in the BIG playoff. At least they won't unless the rules are changed again.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X