• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GWolf View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	tundra.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	423026
    I bet the horse can't howl on command either. Lol. Tundra is the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      It's more gameday experience than about the stadium, but how many D2 teams are led onto the field before a game by a live mascot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        It's more gameday experience than about the stadium, but how many D2 teams are led onto the field before a game by a live mascot?
        Southern Arkansas has a Mule on the field for their games also.
        Last edited by Tech Boys; 09-16-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Colorado Mines has a jackass. WT has a buffalo..

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            Colorado Mines has a jackass. WT has a buffalo..
            Buffalo is an odd choice for a mascot considering they've never lived here.

I guess there are many examples of that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Why did WT choose a European mascot? That's kind of odd.
              I was wondering why they chose an Asian or African mascot myself.

Comment

Pitt State Gorillas

Comment

I mean, one can be National Geographic pretentious but the vast majority simply call bison here buffalo. Buffalo aren't European either so it was a good edit but you got caught. :P

Comment

Palo Duro Canyon, 2nd largest canyon in the US the the reason WT's city is called "canyon," was home to one of a few herds of buffalo that survived the slaughter of the mid 1800's. They are native to the area of WT.

https://everything-everywhere.com/th...te-park-texas/

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Palo Duro Canyon, 2nd largest canyon in the US the the reason WT's city is called "canyon," was home to one of a few herds of buffalo that survived the slaughter of the mid 1800's. They are native to the area of WT.

Bison are native, not buffalo. That's his "point".

Comment

• With what Tarleton just did in Stephenville, TSU would have to be at the top of the list.

https://tarletonfootballrenovation.com/

Comment

I mean, one can be National Geographic pretentious but the vast majority simply call bison here buffalo. Buffalo aren't European either so it was a good edit but you got caught. :P
                          Yeah you got me.

It was meant to be a joke though. Back to the regularly scheduled program.
                          Last edited by SW_Mustang; 09-16-2019, 12:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Bison are native, not buffalo. That's his "point".
                            Thats a bogus argument. I mean, if anyone doesnt want to accept the common nomenclature of the local settlers, why would they insist it be what some 18th Century European nerds decided it should be. The more reasoned argument would be made to call WT the Tasiwoo, which is the Commanche word for Buffalo/Bison and was surely in common use long before the aforementioned 18th Century European nerds arrived and started telling people what to call everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

It was my bad attempt at a joke. Bison is the proper term for buffalo, and around these parts, mixing that up can be worth a snicker. That humor must not translate well, albeit I botched the execution of said joke so bad I had to go back and edit it to try and save face.

Oh well. Life goes on. First time being called "pretentious" though.

Comment

It was my bad attempt at a joke. Bison is the proper term for buffalo, and around these parts, mixing that up can be worth a snicker. That humor must not translate well, albeit I botched the execution of said joke so bad I had to go back and edit it to try and save face.

Oh well. Life goes on. First time being called "pretentious" though.
                                I knew it was a joke.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X