Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    McKinney ISD currently enrolls more than 24,500 students in 20 elementary schools, five middle schools, three high schools, two alternative campuses and one early childhood education center.

https://www.mckinneyisd.net/about-misd/

I wonder if all 3 high schools use it?
    yes they do
    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
      Some Texas high schools have enrollments of 6000 to 8000 students. I don't like that for a number of reasons, but that's why you see these huge stadiums.
      Each of the McKinney schools (which share one stadium) are comparable in enrollment to the biggest high schools in Minnesota. Here's the football stadium for Minnesota's biggest school.

Comment

Not to derail the thread but just because I love comparisons, Sioux Falls Roosevelt is the largest school in South Dakota at around 3,000 enrollment. They play at Howard Wood Field, which is used by every other high school in SF except for O'Gorman (I believe). Should be noted that this was also the previous home of Augustana.

Comment

Lubbers is at the top of my visit list. I think they have a neat stadium - I get the sense that the seating on three sides gives it a very "big" feel despite being a D2 stadium.

Last edited by SW_Mustang; 09-12-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Post Associate's, my three top choices for colleges were U of M, SMSU, and SDSMT - so the Hardrockers are #2 on my visit list. Not a great stadium by any means, but they are unique for their in-stadium tailgating. They have a nice setting too. It's the only track stadium I have as a priority to visit.

Comment

SMSU's would've qualified, imo, had they considered the visitor's side. The stadium looks half-finished. And yes, I've heard all the pissant excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
                SMSU's would've qualified, imo, had they considered the visitor's side. The stadium looks half-finished. And yes, I've heard all the pissant excuses.
                This is the final design - we'd have to win the lottery (maybe twice) for something like this to be built in Marshall. That's really what it comes down to for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Each of the McKinney schools (which share one stadium) are comparable in enrollment to the biggest high schools in Minnesota. Here's the football stadium for Minnesota's biggest school.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
                    We've got handrails now, guys. Moving up in the world. We do have the nicest natural grass field in D2, though.
                    I've driven up and down Stadium a couple times and they're quite noticeable. I think they look really nice, actually. I know it's the equivalent to a cheap coat of polish on a rancid log, BUT I do like them for what they are.

There's not a better view than one from Blakeslee I'm convinced. The tightness of the stands to the field mixed with the steepness of the bleachers really puts one on top of the action. The rest of the stadium is pretty abysmal though - and I thought it was kind of comical how the teams had to cross traffic to get to their lockers during halftime. Given how Mankato is the second-largest university in Minnesota and given how dominate their team has been, it's kind of an embarrassing setup, IMO.

I hope they can get something newer for themselves in the upcoming years - hopefully with a bonkers-sized video board, suites, and a real press box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

That's a proper high school football field. Look at all that character! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Memorial Stadium at Tarleton State

Comment

• Colorado has several stadiums that serve as home field for several different schools as well.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	New_Stadium_Night_04_15_16_2_jpg_HDR2.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	421472

May not be the absolute best in D2, but Missouri Western has made some pretty significant improvements in recent years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seinfeld View Post
                              Memorial Stadium at Tarleton State

Comment

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Honestly, the WTAM stadium looks like another football McMansion that Texas is full of. Maybe it'll grow into the best, but it's lacking in character. Definitely better than the old stadium I visited back in 2010 or so.
                                Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I always think brick would be a good idea.
                                Heck, throw up some vinyl siding
                                Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X