X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has the best stadium in all of D2

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
    One comment and one question:

1) IMO, Bowie State should be trying hard to schedule non-conference games against some of the PSAC East schools, particularly Shepherd (weird to say Shepherd is a PSAC school) and West Chester. Those schools are relatively close to Bowie State and would provide good competition for the Bulldogs (and Bowie State would be a good non-conference opponent for those schools too).

2) Can you park for free at the MARC station for Bowie State games?
    Don't know what to tell you about the scheduling thing. It takes two parties to make an agreement. Let's be honest, outside of their run the last 4 seasons or so Bowie is historically a mediocre program within the CIAA. Some of the PSAC East big dogs may not view Bowie as a worthy enough OOC opponent down the line. Now that Amir Hall is gone and Bowie is expected to decline I wouldn't expect Shepherd or West Chester to make the call to Bowie for a game unless they have no other options. Just being honest.

Not sure about the parking at the MARC Station. I've never had to use MARC before. Since parking at local Metro or Amtrak Stations isn't free, I assume MARC is the same. When I've gone to Bowie games I either parked in the assigned visitors lot, used Metrobus (they have a bus stop on campus) or used Uber to drop me off somewhere on the campus.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
      Don't know what to tell you about the scheduling thing. It takes two parties to make an agreement. Let's be honest, outside of their run the last 4 seasons or so Bowie is historically a mediocre program within the CIAA. Some of the PSAC East big dogs may not view Bowie as a worthy enough OOC opponent down the line. Now that Amir Hall is gone and Bowie is expected to decline I wouldn't expect Shepherd or West Chester to make the call to Bowie for a game unless they have no other options. Just being honest.

Not sure about the parking at the MARC Station. I've never had to use MARC before. Since parking at local Metro or Amtrak Stations isn't free, I assume MARC is the same. When I've gone to Bowie games I either parked in the assigned visitors lot, used Metrobus (they have a bus stop on campus) or used Uber to drop me off somewhere on the campus.

Comment

Bowie recently had a home and home series with Seton Hill. Also, I believe they played Shepherd some years ago.

Comment

Admittedly, I was spoiled by going to Pitt State and yeah, I definitely put them #1 on the list. However I gotta say I really enjoyed Bemidji State's stadium. Especially being able to look out on the lake. We had outstandingly nice weather when I was there too so that did help.

Comment

IMHO GLIAC ranking:
            1) GVSU
            2) Ashland
            3) SVSU
            4) Davenport
            5) Northern
            6) Wayne
            7) Ferris
            8) LSSU
            9) Northwood
            10) Tech

Comment

WTAMU....go to their web site gobuffsgo.com.....new stadium...great teams.

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                WT's stadium Very impressive!

But in a smaller more natural setting still vote for Redwood Stadium at Humboldt, that I have of course not been to.
                A shame D2 football is not being still played there!:disapointed:

Comment

Originally posted by OhioD2 View Post
                  IMHO GLIAC ranking:
                  1) GVSU
                  2) Ashland
                  3) SVSU
                  4) Davenport
                  5) Northern
                  6) Wayne
                  7) Ferris
                  8) LSSU
                  9) Northwood
                  10) Tech
                  11.) V.S.U. We play in a high school stadium, and the snack bar offers boiled peanuts !!
                  <>

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                      Trying to figure out V.S.U. Where in Michigan is this school?

Comment

Well I know who has the worst FB stadium.
                        I vote for Gannon University. They play several sports on
                        their turf. Lines all over the field.
                        LOOKS LIKE A CHINEESE CROSSWORD PUZZLE

Comment

Our old stadium with 20,000 fans in it was insane.

our new place will be state of the art - going to be very good.

Comment

Off topic, but this post gave me the urge to Google random D2 basketball arenas this past week. It's funny seeing some of the D2 basketball venues and thinking my middle school's gym was on par them, while I would see others and think how surprisingly nice they are for a D2 school.

Comment

Off topic, but this post gave me the urge to Google random D2 basketball arenas this past week. It's funny seeing some of the D2 basketball venues and thinking my middle school's gym was on par them, while I would see others and think how surprisingly nice they are for a D2 school.

Comment

Originally posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
                                Our old stadium with 20,000 fans in it was insane.

our new place will be state of the art - going to be very good.
                                I had a great time at that stadium when Pitt State came down to Canyon for the 05 playoffs. It was an interesting design, for sure.
                                I like turtles.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X