Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2019

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
    They both got ejected playing against the Huskies for targeting.
    By this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      You realize they also had the last pick in the draft? BTW, I agree with you on that one. Quite funny.

Also can we laugh at UCLA? Their one player drafted is Mr. Irrelevant! They had less people drafted than were drafted from D2 schools!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            That to keep Tom Brady playing to 50 as well?

Comment

Star Tribune Sports

@StribSports
              2m2 minutes ago
              More
              Ex-Raiders, Seahawks kicker Sebastian Janikowski retiring at age 41. http://strib.mn/2UQqd4u

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                That to keep Tom Brady playing to 50 as well?
                With Seabass retiring, Brady is the last active player from the 2000 NFL draft. That is amazing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                  With Seabass retiring, Brady is the last active player from the 2000 NFL draft. That is amazing to me.
                  Wow.

I read something about MLB rosters and the only players on a roster that were born before 1/1/1980 are Ichiro (since retired) and Fernando Rodney (how does he have a job?).

I first knew I was getting older, becoming a real grownup, when there started to be Major League Baseball players who were my age. Then, I knew I was getting older when the manager started to be my age. And then, I knew I was officially old when players my age were almost all retired. Baseball is a game people fall in love with in our youth, but, alas, youth doesn’t last forever. And eventually you hit the point when you’re older than everybody. It’s a sad day.

Here are the stages, as I’ve established before:

Youth

All baseball players are older than you. They all seem eternal and massive, like redwoods.

Peerism

Rookies are your age; you watch up-and-coming prospects while studying for midterms. The world spreads out before you, limitless.

Peak years

This is when you are the same age as the superstars, mid-to-late 20s, when players are at their absolute best and you start worrying, "Hey, I should have a lot better idea of where my life is going than I do."

Established veteran

This is when the players who were rookies when you were in college started getting called "grizzled."

Retirement

It is incredibly disturbing when baseball players your age start retiring and you're still figuring out how to tackle that student loan.

Manager

"Wait, how in the world is Rocco Baldelli old enough to be a baseball manager?"

Death

Fortunately, we are all immortal and will never die.

Baseball is, and always will be, a young man's game. Life, however, just keeps going. So here's a look at the oldest 11 players in baseball heading into the 2019 season. To qualify for this list, you must:

https://www.mlb.com/news/oldest-play...eague-baseball

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                    Wow.

I read something about MLB rosters and the only players on a roster that were born before 1/1/1980 are Ichiro (since retired) and Fernando Rodney (how does he have a job?).

I first knew I was getting older, becoming a real grownup, when there started to be Major League Baseball players who were my age. Then, I knew I was getting older when the manager started to be my age. And then, I knew I was officially old when players my age were almost all retired. Baseball is a game people fall in love with in our youth, but, alas, youth doesn’t last forever. And eventually you hit the point when you’re older than everybody. It’s a sad day.

Youth

All baseball players are older than you. They all seem eternal and massive, like redwoods.

Peerism

Rookies are your age; you watch up-and-coming prospects while studying for midterms. The world spreads out before you, limitless.

Peak years

This is when you are the same age as the superstars, mid-to-late 20s, when players are at their absolute best and you start worrying, "Hey, I should have a lot better idea of where my life is going than I do."

Established veteran

This is when the players who were rookies when you were in college started getting called "grizzled."

Retirement

It is incredibly disturbing when baseball players your age start retiring and you're still figuring out how to tackle that student loan.

Manager

Death

Baseball is, and always will be, a young man's game. Life, however, just keeps going. So here's a look at the oldest 11 players in baseball heading into the 2019 season. To qualify for this list, you must:

I'll make it worse for you. There are kids graduating in June from High School that weren't born on 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                      I'll make it worse for you. There are kids graduating in June from High School that weren't born on 9/11.
                      I am certain that there are kids that graduate every year that were not born on 9/11.

I think I understand what you meant.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                          Wow.

Youth

Peerism

Peak years

Established veteran

Retirement

Manager

Death

Yeah just wait when the songs you liked in high school end up on the oldies station. It still unnerves me that 80’s music is now on the oldies station.

Comment

Yeah just wait when the songs you liked in high school end up on the oldies station. It still unnerves me that 80’s music is now on the oldies station.
                            Ironically pop stations too. I heard "If you leave" by OMD on a pop station flipping through stations!

Comment

Half the stuff on our cable’s “Classic Country” is stuff I played new on the radio in the 80s and even 90s.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X