Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT_TKW
    replied
    The XFL game in Houston had a little under 18K in attendance. I liked the extra point rules, but I thought the kickoff penalty was absurdly high for kicking the ball out of bounds. The kicker kicks off from the 30, so when the ball goes out of bounds untouched, the receiving team gets it 15 yards from the spot of kicking, or in this case the opponents 45 yard line. Luckily for the Houston Roughnecks the LA team had 2 consecutive delay of game penalties at the end of the half. Those come with a 10 second runoff so on the second one the half ended. They were in position for an easy field goal, but didn't score again. Houston won 37-17.

The XFL made some other rule changes designed to make the game shorter, but it was still 3 hours. There seemed to be an excessive number of TV timeouts.

The stadium was U of Houston TDECU, which is in very good shape. The Roughnecks had their names all over the field and the stadium. They ran out of beer and some food but I didn't want to buy either.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Re: XFL 2020

No. As I said Houstonians love the place. They could have used it for the soccer team, but I guess the liberal politicians didn't feel that would be right, so of course another new stadium was built. Cost is no object as long as others are paying the bills.
    Wouldn't be a good stadium for soccer. Most MLS stadiums are smaller and closer to the action, seating 20-30k I'd guess, not 60k+. You sound like a snowflake.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    I'm going to the LA vs Houston game. I got a couple of free tickets from Sergio Castillo, also from WT, who is the kicker.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Will definitely watch a little bit today.. hoping this league will succeed!

Leave a comment:

• Uwfalum98
    replied
    XFL season starts today at 2ET on ABC.

https://www.xfl.com

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

No. As I said Houstonians love the place. They could have used it for the soccer team, but I guess the liberal politicians didn't feel that would be right, so of course another new stadium was built. Cost is no object as long as others are paying the bills.
    My understanding is that the Astrodome costs the taxpayers millions a year to keep up.

So much for the whole "fiscal conservative" angle the right-wingers who run that state like to toss out there every now and again.

How about we leave the politics out of a thread that doesn't need them, shall we?

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I see a reason for GNAC fans to follow Seattle. Hopefully he can turn this into a good career after what the school did to the program. It is also great to see so many D2 players at the skill positions and not just o-line or d-line.
    It's great for the couple of hundred of people in the area that care about D2 to see so many D2 guys at skill positions. What it means as far as the big picture is concerned is that the league won't be around for very long.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Here's the D-II guys I could find after looking over the rosters real quick.

Dallas
    WR Joshua Crockett - Central Oklahoma
    WR Freddie Martino - North Greenville
    CB Donatello Brown - Valdosta State
    CB Dashaun Phillips - Tarleton State
    S Doyin Jibowu - Fort Hays

D.C.
    WR Tyler Palka - Gannon (he also played QB at Saginaw Valley)
    TE Khari Lee - Bowie State

Houston
    WR Sam Mobley - Catawba
    K Sergio Castillo - West Texas A&M
    CB Jeremiah Johnson - Concord
    LB Edmond Robinson - Newberry
    DL Caushaud Lyons - Tusculum
    DE Johnny Maxey - Mars Hill

Los Angeles
    LB Willie Mays - Tiffin

New York
    WR Joe Horn - Missouri Western
    QB Luis Perez - Texas A&M-Commerce
    CB DeJuan Neal - Shepherd

St. Louis
    P Marquette King - Fort Valley
    DB Harold Jones-Quartey - Findlay
    OG Michael Miller - Washburn
    OG Brian Folkerts - Washburn

Seattle
    RB Ja'Quan Gardner - Humboldt State

Tampa Bay
    WR Seantavius Jones - Valdosta State
    WR Jalen Tolliver - Arkansas-Monticello
    WR Reece Horn - Indianapolis
    I see a reason for GNAC fans to follow Seattle. Hopefully he can turn this into a good career after what the school did to the program. It is also great to see so many D2 players at the skill positions and not just o-line or d-line.

Leave a comment:

• IowaBearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    Joe Horn of MWSU on the NY Guardians.
    Isn't he like 50?

Too bad his son, Jr, isn't playing instead.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post

It is listed as endangered by the National Historic Trust, and there is a Plaque noting it to be a Texas Historic site. These, along with other organizations may keep people donating to the preservation fund. But, they do not prevent the eventual demolition. $105 million has been raised to try to make it into something useful.
    Make a nice Thunderdome when civilization collapses.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied
    Joe Horn of MWSU on the NY Guardians.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    The XFL official rosters were announced today. Former WT kicker Sergio Castillo will be kicking for the Houston team.

https://www.xfl.com/articles/rosters...Hkhex-zfdZSoCI
    Here's the D-II guys I could find after looking over the rosters real quick.

Dallas
    WR Joshua Crockett - Central Oklahoma
    WR Freddie Martino - North Greenville
    CB Donatello Brown - Valdosta State
    CB Dashaun Phillips - Tarleton State
    S Doyin Jibowu - Fort Hays

D.C.
    WR Tyler Palka - Gannon (he also played QB at Saginaw Valley)
    TE Khari Lee - Bowie State

Houston
    WR Sam Mobley - Catawba
    K Sergio Castillo - West Texas A&M
    CB Jeremiah Johnson - Concord
    LB Edmond Robinson - Newberry
    DL Caushaud Lyons - Tusculum
    DE Johnny Maxey - Mars Hill

Los Angeles
    LB Willie Mays - Tiffin

New York
    WR Joe Horn - Missouri Western
    QB Luis Perez - Texas A&M-Commerce
    CB DeJuan Neal - Shepherd

St. Louis
    P Marquette King - Fort Valley
    DB Harold Jones-Quartey - Findlay
    OG Michael Miller - Washburn
    OG Brian Folkerts - Washburn

Seattle
    RB Ja'Quan Gardner - Humboldt State

Tampa Bay
    WR Seantavius Jones - Valdosta State
    WR Jalen Tolliver - Arkansas-Monticello
    WR Reece Horn - Indianapolis

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    The XFL official rosters were announced today. Former WT kicker Sergio Castillo will be kicking for the Houston team.

https://www.xfl.com/articles/rosters...Hkhex-zfdZSoCI

Leave a comment:

• UNA_Texan
    replied

It is listed as endangered by the National Historic Trust, and there is a Plaque noting it to be a Texas Historic site. These, along with other organizations may keep people donating to the preservation fund. But, they do not prevent the eventual demolition. $105 million has been raised to try to make it into something useful.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
    The Astrodome is a relic. It is only standing because tearing it down would be more ecologically damaging than leaving it up.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X