Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPER REGIONS....???

Has anyone heard any further talk about changing or eliminating the SR system ? With more leagues losing members, either through shifts or shutdowns, the number of schools in each SR could be quite disparate which potentially would give PO spots to less deserving teams. Any interest in a Top 25 based system ? As a side note, I'm so happy to talk about FB again.

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Has anyone heard any further talk about changing or eliminating the SR system ? With more leagues losing members, either through shifts or shutdowns, the number of schools in each SR could be quite disparate which potentially would give PO spots to less deserving teams. Any interest in a Top 25 based system ? As a side note, I'm so happy to talk about FB again.
    That is a great question with the GNAC essentially dismantled, not that it was like the NSIC with 16 now 14 schools playing football.
    I can't say I've heard any chatter about a change but that doesn't mean anything. My guess is we will see something different in a few years if the trend holds

Comment

The regional system seems pretty entrenched. Maybe some shifts to better balance the number of schools in each region is on order.

Comment

Regional alignments in D2 football have tended to last 4-5 years, so it wouldn't be surprising to see one soon. Based on all announced moves, this is where the conferences will stand by 2022:

GNAC 3
        NSIC 14
        RMAC 10
        LSC 8
        TOTAL 35

GLIAC 7
        GLVC 8
        MIAA 12
        GAC 12
        TOTAL 39

SIAC 13
        GSC 8
        SAC 10 (11 by 2024)
        CIAA 12
        IND 2
        TOTAL 45

GMAC 9
        MEC 12
        PSAC 16 (pending NCAA approval)
        NE10 9
        IND 2
        TOTAL 48

The target number for even regions would be 41-42.

Here's one potential way of doing it (note that I cheated a bit by moving the two Conference Carolinas independents to SR1, which is probably a non-starter):

MIAA 12
        GAC 12
        LSC 8
        GLVC 8
        TOTAL 40

GNAC 3
        RMAC 10
        GMAC 9
        GLIAC 7
        NSIC 14
        TOTAL 43

SIAC 13
        GSC 8
        SAC 10
        CIAA 12
        TOTAL 43

MEC 12
        PSAC 16
        NE10 9
        IND 4
        TOTAL 41

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
          Regional alignments in D2 football have tended to last 4-5 years, so it wouldn't be surprising to see one soon. Based on all announced moves, this is where the conferences will stand by 2022:

GNAC 3
          NSIC 14
          RMAC 10
          LSC 8
          TOTAL 35

GLIAC 7
          GLVC 8
          MIAA 12
          GAC 12
          TOTAL 39

SIAC 13
          GSC 8
          SAC 10 (11 by 2024)
          CIAA 12
          IND 2
          TOTAL 45

GMAC 9
          MEC 12
          PSAC 16 (pending NCAA approval)
          NE10 9
          IND 2
          TOTAL 48

The target number for even regions would be 41-42.

Here's one potential way of doing it (note that I cheated a bit by moving the two Conference Carolinas independents to SR1, which is probably a non-starter):

MIAA 12
          GAC 12
          LSC 8
          GLVC 8
          TOTAL 40

GNAC 3
          RMAC 10
          GMAC 9
          GLIAC 7
          NSIC 14
          TOTAL 43

SIAC 13
          GSC 8
          SAC 10
          CIAA 12
          TOTAL 43

MEC 12
          PSAC 16
          NE10 9
          IND 4
          TOTAL 41
          I'm not well enough informed about any other than SR1. The number of 41 seems a bit uncertain. With the restructuring of the PASSHE system my guess is the actual PSAC number could be more in the range of 12-14. This is certainly not a sure thing but would not be surprising. The MEC and NE10 both have schools who may move to another conference, move down to D3/NAIA or in the case of NHU move up to FCS. Who are you classing as IND aside from 2 CC members? Thanks for taking the time to work up the potential future no matter how remote the actual outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I'm not well enough informed about any other than SR1. The number of 41 seems a bit uncertain. With the restructuring of the PASSHE system my guess is the actual PSAC number could be more in the range of 12-14. This is certainly not a sure thing but would not be surprising. The MEC and NE10 both have schools who may move to another conference, move down to D3/NAIA or in the case of NHU move up to FCS. Who are you classing as IND aside from 2 CC members? Thanks for taking the time to work up the potential future no matter how remote the actual outcome.
            Barton College
            Erskine College
            Bluefield State College (2021)
            Post (2021)

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Barton College
              Erskine College
              Post (2021)
              Thanks for the info .

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Barton College
                Erskine College
                Post (2021)
                Side note (since I happened to check just now): It looks like Post is playing a club schedule this fall.

Comment

The conferences have four tiers imo
                  ??????Tier one-. Miaa nsic. Gliac. Gsc. ( This should be a no brainer)

tier two psac sac lsc rmac - ( the GAC or sac are interchangable here)
                  Tier three GAC glvc mec gmac -. (No insult intended to these four conference's lead school just not as good top to bottom as the two tiers above them)

Tierfour the rest

Split them accordingly one from each tier till you get it close to even

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Side note (since I happened to check just now): It looks like Post is playing a club schedule this fall.
                    I just saw the 2021 Post schedule and I agree that they are playing a club schedule. It makes a lot of sense that they would do this. The announcement about the team did say "The Eagles will play an independent schedule for its inaugural season in Fall 2021".

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X