Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

They just joined the Horizon so I doubt if they will drop down. I'd start baseball.
    I don't know what facilities they would have available for baseball or even their ability to recruit a 35-man team on short notice. Cross Country might be the sport to add. They already have a women's team, not much more is needed on facilities, and they could probably get about 10 runners pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

I don't know what facilities they would have available for baseball or even their ability to recruit a 35-man team on short notice. Cross Country might be the sport to add. They already have a women's team, not much more is needed on facilities, and they could probably get about 10 runners pretty quickly.
      The problem with adding men's CC is Title 9 goes out of whack. Though I didn't mention it, RMU is closing down BOTH M&W HOCKEY. That's a wash. If they decide to add sports to maintain their status, it will need to be on an equal basis. Women's tennis and/or golf could probably be worked out without a lot of difficulty to offset MCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

There is one issue with this move. It will leave RMU with only 5 men's sports, so they will have to replace hockey or keep it. Or join D2, maybe the Mountain East. :)
        In their release, RMU affirmed their commitment to D1, so they're not dropping down to D2.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

The problem with adding men's CC is Title 9 goes out of whack. Though I didn't mention it, RMU is closing down BOTH M&W HOCKEY. That's a wash. If they decide to add sports to maintain their status, it will need to be on an equal basis. Women's tennis and/or golf could probably be worked out without a lot of difficulty to offset MCC.
          All true. Step 1: add men's team to be D1 compliant; Step 2: add women's team(s) to satisfy T9.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

In their release, RMU affirmed their commitment to D1, so they're not dropping down to D2.
            I know they're not coming to D2, that comment was sarcasm.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X