Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

But my question is why would NDSU want to move up? Unless the Big Four (ACC, Big Ten, SEC and Pac 12) split off and the rest form a new "division" of college football with a playoff, I don't see the draw.

A. Stay in FCS and compete for national titles every year
    or B. move up and play in some crappy ass bowl game sponsored by Little Caesars on a random Tuesday at 11 AM.

Sorry for swearing Brandon lol.
    Personally, I think that NDSU has it pretty good right now - if we could just get Big 10 and Big 12 schools to schedule us it would be darn near perfect.

Many NDSU fans believe that we waited 15 years too long to go to DI from D2 and don't want to repeat that "mistake", but there is no really good conference fit for NDSU right now. That said, college football is regional so if one or two more schools in the area go DI, I will be more supportive about moving.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post

Personally, I think that NDSU has it pretty good right now - if we could just get Big 10 and Big 12 schools to schedule us it would be darn near perfect.

Many NDSU fans believe that we waited 15 years too long to go to DI from D2 and don't want to repeat that "mistake", but there is no really good conference fit for NDSU right now. That said, college football is regional so if one or two more schools in the area go DI, I will be more supportive about moving.
      What's the Big 12 going to do with OU and Texas leaving? Are they going to try to pick off some teams from non power 5 conferences? Is it inconceivable that they may go off script and offer invites to the Dakota schools considering their overall success. Do they have the "bones" for the facility upgrades? Do they have the support?
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

What's the Big 12 going to do with OU and Texas leaving? Are they going to try to pick off some teams from non power 5 conferences? Is it inconceivable that they may go off script and offer invites to the Dakota schools considering their overall success. Do they have the "bones" for the facility upgrades? Do they have the support?
        Aren't four schools, including BYU, joining the Big 12?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/b...teams/2738524/

Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            well crap... nm.

I'm just playing my own version of NCAA Football in my head, lol
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

And the American is countering with adding UAB, North Texas, Charlotte, UTSA, Rice and FAU.

C-USA will basically be dead. Rumor is the Sun Belt is looking at Old Dominion, Southern Miss, James Madison and Marshall.

Comment

It will all get shaken up again when the P5 forms its own org.

Comment

It will all get shaken up again when the P5 forms its own org.
                  Is this projection or a done deal, and if it's a done deal when is this likely to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

C-USA will basically be dead. Rumor is the Sun Belt is looking at Old Dominion, Southern Miss, James Madison and Marshall.
                    Wow. Seems like not too long ago C-USA was (top to bottom) the best and the Sun Belt was the worst mid major conference. Times have certainly changed. Kudos to the SBC leadership for turning things around. C-USA hasn't been the same since the conference realignment started in the early 2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Wow. Seems like not too long ago C-USA was (top to bottom) the best and the Sun Belt was the worst mid major conference. Times have certainly changed. Kudos to the SBC leadership for turning things around. C-USA hasn't been the same since the conference realignment started in the early 2000s.
                      Same could be said of the WAC a few years ago. They had the national champion in the 80's and look at them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Same could be said of the WAC a few years ago. They had the national champion in the 80's and look at them now.
                        True... Also Big East football. Those last couple of years before the ACC raid were fun to watch with that big three of Miami, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

True... Also Big East football. Those last couple of years before the ACC raid were fun to watch with that big three of Miami, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.
                          I remember Boise State had agreed to go there before the split of the Big East. Because of the split they went to the MWC. It makes you wonder if they'd have been able to keep their coach from going to Washington if they'd have been in a power conference.

Comment

The ACC has been a nightmare for Miami

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I remember Boise State had agreed to go there before the split of the Big East. Because of the split they went to the MWC. It makes you wonder if they'd have been able to keep their coach from going to Washington if they'd have been in a power conference.
                              The Big East was barely a power conference in football. They had power teams, but rarely at the same time. They got their BCS status almost solely due to Miami. VA tech had their 2 years early in with Vick, but it was a BCS conference strictly due to Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                                The ACC has been a nightmare for Miami
                                Which has been odd to see play out since Miami was regularly a top 5 team before joining the ACC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X