Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every conference in the southeast can choose to close ranks, even the GSC (by playing some schools twice) but it's so much fun mixing things up. There is interconference games between the GSC, SIAC and CIAA. As a matter of fact VSU's win over a SIAC school (Albany State) solidified our 1 seed in SR2 this year.

Comment

Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-11-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Comment

The setup with 16 teams was weird. Each division was split into two 4-team pods and each pod played one entire pod from the opposite division. The result was that all 4 teams in a pod had the same SOS.

Comment

While that is just very slightly better than the MIAA and the GAC, it still does not allow for cross conference comparison.

Comment

There was someone on the board once who had a proposal of (something similar to) every conference champion automatically qualifies, then take the 12 best at-large teams. Then set up your bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                There was someone on the board once who had a proposal of (something similar to) every conference champion automatically qualifies, then take the 12 best at-large teams. Then set up your bracket.

Still got issues deciding the 12. Somebody will always feel slighted.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

Still got issues deciding the 12. Somebody will always feel slighted.

Comment

I'd like 15 AQs and then nine at large for a total of 24.

Comment

Brandon how many people vote on D2footballs top 25 poll? Out of curiosity.

Also 24 isn't a bad number. 32 is easy but I like 1 seeds getting a bye.

Comment

Brandon how many people vote on D2footballs top 25 poll? Out of curiosity.

Comment

I like #1 and #2 getting byes. I think it can often be hard to differentiate between the two, especially when there are two undefeated teams.

Comment

When was the last time that two teams from the same conference ended up in the semifinals or championship? I saw that Jacksonville State and Mississsippi College, both GSC, faced off in the 1989 championship (MC won and later vacated the title). When did SuperRegions begin?

Comment

Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-12-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Maybe some adjustment based upon historical trends?
                                Don't we already have that?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X