Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to get rid of Earned Access and discount Silos

EA should be replaced with a tie breaker that would allow the committee to place a team from an unrepresented conference ahead of the group of equals [down to the hundredths]. I realize that if results are studied more closely (say to the thousandths), a tie could be broken, but the difference at that level is statistically inconsequential.

A team gets into the PO by excelling in conference play, by doing well in OC games and by its conference doing well against other conferences. If after that analysis there is no clear distinction between a group of teams, using this methodology would put a deserving team into the PO over other deserving teams, not give an undeserving team something they didn't earn. Under the current formula there is no human bias as there was in the past, so there is no need for human correction.

Because of the statistical ambiguity of silos, I would also like to see in the case of a tie, real numbers be given advantage over the projected numbers that result from silos. Or better yet, move silo conferences from the 2nd percentile to the 3rd percentile. Presuming a conference is average in region is giving them something they have not earned. Is it fair that teams that choose not to fully participate are given a .500, No Way!

Comment

If this is truly the case make your first game a non conference game between conference mates and if a team is able to pick up an alternative regional game, allow the adversely affected team to play a second game against another conference member. Let's at least agree that OC games make for more accurate assessment and therefore more fair PO seeding?

Comment

Even if we agree to operate under the notion that 11-game conference schedules were made to help the economics of the schools involved, it cannot be denied that it benefits the finances and ease of scheduling at those schools to the detriment of other D2 schools. In this case, those conferences want to eat their cake and have it too.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

If this is truly the case make your first game a non conference game between conference mates and if a team is able to pick up an alternative regional game, allow the adversely affected team to play a second game against another conference member. Let's at least agree that OC games make for more accurate assessment and therefore more fair PO seeding?
          Agreed that OOC scheduling can be useful in comparing teams more accurately for PO seeding. My point is that silo scheduling is not simply an intentional effort to get an advantage over other teams. There are other legitimate factors involved. If there is statistically accurate to adjust for it, then I think it should be tried.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post

Agreed that OOC scheduling can be useful in comparing teams more accurately for PO seeding. My point is that silo scheduling is not simply an intentional effort to get an advantage over other teams. There are other legitimate factors involved. If there is statistically accurate to adjust for it, then I think it should be tried.
            Maybe some adjustment based upon historical trends?

Comment

Comment

I'm an advocate of at least two if not three non-con games.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I'm an advocate of at least two if not three non-con games.
                  And that should be easier in the Midwest and east and south, where there are non-con games that can be done by bus or a short plane ride (I know that's expensive). Meanwhile in the GNAC................

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

And that should be easier in the Midwest and east and south, where there are non-con games that can be done by bus or a short plane ride (I know that's expensive). Meanwhile in the GNAC................

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

They're doing it anyway.....ha ha ha. If it were mandatory, it might be easier for you to schedule.

Comment

When I started school at NW in 1969 the MIAA only had 6 members(the 5 directional colleges located in Maryville Kirksville, Springfield, Cape Girardeau, Warrensburg plus Rolla).
                        Lincoln was added in 1970. Springfield and Cape went FCS and Rolla & Kirksville changed leagues.
                        Several name changes and moving from college to university also happened.
                        Most teams only played 10 games so they had 5 conference/5 non conference games.
                        I think 8 conference games/3 non conference games are the best fit in an 11 game season

Comment

The MIAA, GAC, and NSIC are screwing a great portion of the country when it comes to scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The MIAA, GAC, and NSIC are screwing a great portion of the country when it comes to scheduling.
                            CWU played an NSIC team outside of their time in the NCC. If I recall correctly, they played CO Mesa to open the season, then spent a week training and then on to Duluth.

I could see OOC games with all three of the named conferences. Make me the Benevolent Despot of DII football and it would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

CWU played an NSIC team outside of their time in the NCC. If I recall correctly, they played CO Mesa to open the season, then spent a week training and then on to Duluth.

I could see OOC games with all three of the named conferences. Make me the Benevolent Despot of DII football and it would happen.
                              And the next season Duluth went to Ellensburg. I remember that because I was at the game along with the rain. Until a conference accepts the 3 GNAC schools, I fear we will have to play FCS and start up programs like Lincoln and possibly CETYS like HSU did to fill a season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X