Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    Do you have the Weighted OWPs for the teams?
    I have them, but I'm not in a place where they're accessible at the moment and might not be before the selection show starts.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

I just do not see how Bentley is moving ahead of New Haven due to head to head and both teams played the same exact opponents with the exception of OOC where Bentley played West Chester (6-5) and New Haven played Bowie State (10-0 with D2 opponents).
      How it could have happened is that New Haven played 0-10 Franklin Piece twice and Bentley played 5-5 Assumption twice. Also, if you look at the regional rankings worksheet, you'll see that a team's opponents' opponents winning percentage gets considered. Bentley's is .512 and New Haven's is .506, and Bentley's performance indicator is 27.3 and New Haven's is 27.0.

I just hate seeing Bentley and New Haven playing each other again in the first round when the non-conference matchups could have been done without flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
        I just hate seeing Bentley and New Haven playing each other again in the first round when the non-conference matchups could have been done without flights.
        It's potential second-round flights. It's annoying, but it's a higher priority than avoiding rematches.

Comment

Did the NCAA publish the final "score sheet" that was used to select and seed the playoffs or did they keep it secret as in years past?

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

How it could have happened is that New Haven played 0-10 Franklin Piece twice and Bentley played 5-5 Assumption twice. Also, if you look at the regional rankings worksheet, you'll see that a team's opponents' opponents winning percentage gets considered. Bentley's is .512 and New Haven's is .506, and Bentley's performance indicator is 27.3 and New Haven's is 27.0.

You are correct on that but what about head to head? Personally, I think the committee rewarded New Haven a higher seeding because of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

It's potential second-round flights. It's annoying, but it's a higher priority than avoiding rematches.
              Yeah I see that now. Annoying is too polite.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

You are correct on that but what about head to head? Personally, I think the committee rewarded New Haven a higher seeding because of this?
                I understand the ultimate decision and reasoning. But there are a lot factors that get considered. I applaud New Haven for taking on Bowie this season.

Comment

Findlay, University of Charleston Comparison:

DII Winning %
                  Findlay .727
                  University of Charleston .800

In-Region Winning %
                  Findlay .727
                  Univ of Charleston .800

Strength of Schedule
                  Findlay .550
                  Univ of Charleston .494

DII Results vs Teams Above .500
                  Findlay .400
                  Univ of Charleston ..667

Performance Indicator
                  Findlay 25.182
                  Univ of Charleston 25.100

Results vs Ranked Opponents
                  Findlay .333
                  Univ of Charleston 1.00

In four of the six selection criteria that the NCAA self describes as "Primary," the University of Charleston is better than Findlay. Soooo...How is Findlay in the playoffs over UC?

I would imagine that Cal and Shippensburg could make an equally compelling case why THEY should be ranked above Findlay.

Using the NCAA's own selection criteria, At BEST Findlay is the 10th best team and unworthy of getting into the playoffs via Earned Access.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X