Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides the D2 game, which football game on Sat 12/18 most interests you?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides the D2 game, which football game on Sat 12/18 most interests you?

It's time for my (almost) annual poll asking which college or NFL game taking place on Saturday 12/18 besides the D2 championship game you have the most interest in watching. (The post also helps people identify all the available games across the NFL and four different college football classifications, which generally are not listed anywhere all in one spot.)

In addition to the D2 championship game (Valdosta State/Ferris State, 9 PM ET, ESPNU), there are nine other college football games taking place - a half-dozen DI-A/FBS bowl games, one of the two DI-AA/FCS semifinal playoff games, the DI-AA HBCU national championship game, and the NAIA championship game. (The other DI-AA/FCS semifinal playoff game and the D3 championship game will both be played on Friday 12/17.) The schedule also includes a pair of NFL games, both of which have playoff implications. That includes a game between two of the hottest teams in the league.

So which of the games listed above holds the most interest to you?
    11:00 AM ET: Boca Raton Bowl - Western Kentucky (8-5) vs Appalachian State (10-3) (ESPN)
    3.85%
    12:00 PM ET: Celebration Bowl (DI-AA/FCS) - South Carolina State (6-5) vs Jackson State (11-1) (ABC)
    7.69%
    2:00 PM ET: Division I-AA/FCS semifinal - South Dakota State (11-3) at Montana State (11-2) (ESPN2)
    34.62%
    2:15 PM ET: New Mexico Bowl - Texas-El Paso (7-5) vs Fresno State (9-3) (ESPN)
    0%
    3:30 PM ET: Independence Bowl - Alabama-Birmingham (8-4) vs Brigham Young (10-2) (ABC)
    0%
    4:30 PM ET: NFL - Las Vegas (6-7) at Cleveland (7-6) (NFL Network)
    7.69%
    5:45 PM ET: Lending Tree Bowl - Eastern Michigan (7-5) vs Liberty (7-5) (ESPN)
    7.69%
    6:00 PM ET: NAIA championship - Morningside (IA) (13-0) vs Grand View (IA) (14-0) (ESPN3)
    7.69%
    7:30 PM ET: LA Bowl - Utah State (10-3) vs Oregon State (7-5) (ABC)
    3.85%
    8:20 PM ET: NFL - New England (9-4) at Indianapolis (7-6) (NFL Network)
    19.23%
    9:15 PM ET: New Orleans Bowl - Louisiana-Lafayette (12-1) vs Marshall (7-5) (ESPN)
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

To answer my own question, I'm a bigger NFL fan than college football fan, and the two NFL games, especially Patriots/Colts, are the games that interest me the most. Most of the college games don't interest me too much, but I'll probably keep an eye on all/most of them, with South Dakota State/Montana State probably being the game of most (but still only slight) interest.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
      To answer my own question, I'm a bigger NFL fan than college football fan, and the two NFL games, especially Patriots/Colts, are the games that interest me the most. Most of the college games don't interest me too much, but I'll probably keep an eye on all/most of them, with South Dakota State/Montana State probably being the game of most (but still only slight) interest.
      You left off the repeat of the VSU/CSM semifinal game on ESPU at 2:00.........just sayin' :)

Not a NFL fan, but I watch the Colts when I can. Not always on my cable. Kenny Moore was in Valdosta Saturday. VSU honored him for his nomination by the Colts for Man of the Year.

Watched the Chiefs as long as Jody Fortson is playing. He's injured and hopefully will be back next year.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Apparently no Latter Day Saints have voted yet.

Comment

I went EMU/Liberty just because I want to see Malik Willis.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

For that day:

1. SDSU at Montana State
            2. Grand View v Morningside

If NDSU was playing on Sat in the other semi that would have been my second choice.

Geography has a lot to do with my picks- plus the fact that I don't watch the NFL anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              For that day:

1. SDSU at Montana State
              2. Grand View v Morningside

If NDSU was playing on Sat in the other semi that would have been my second choice.

Geography has a lot to do with my picks- plus the fact that I don't watch the NFL anymore.
              Laker - you can vote again (where Valdosta State/Ferris State is one of the options and South Dakota State/Montana State and South Carolina State/Jackson State are not) on the other site we both frequent...

Comment

Laker - you can vote again (where Valdosta State/Ferris State is one of the options and South Dakota State/Montana State and South Carolina State/Jackson State are not) on the other site we both frequent...
                Thanks, I'll do that!

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Thanks, I'll do that!
                  BTW, you forgot to submit your vote in the poll above. ;)

Comment

BTW, you forgot to submit your vote in the poll above. ;)
                    Thanks, I must not have pressed the button. Got it now!

Comment

Forgot that bowl games were on this weekend too. Looking foward to another full Saturday of football

Comment

The Raiders/Browns game drops from the list of games above; it was moved back two days from Saturday 12/18 to Monday 12/20 due to COVID-related issues. The game will be televised on Monday 12/20 at 5 PM ET on the NFL Network.

Two other NFL games, Washington/Philadelphia and Seattle/L.A. Rams, were also moved a couple days because of COVID issues. Both games will be played on Tuesday 12/21 at 7 PM ET and be televised on Fox. Most of the eastern U.S. will receive the WAS/PHI game, while most of the western U.S. will see the SEA/LAR game.

Comment

If you stream on YouTube TV, you won't be watching anything owned by Disney (ABC local stations, ABC News Live, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic, National Geographic Wild, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, SEC Network, ACC Network).

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/...disney-expires

I'll be entering the transfer portal.
                          Last edited by CatFan88; 12-18-2021, 07:32 AM.
                          Go Hounds!
                          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                          Cyclone Power
                          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                            If you stream on YouTube TV, you won't be watching anything owned by Disney (ABC local stations, ABC News Live, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic, National Geographic Wild, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, SEC Network, ACC Network).

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/...disney-expires

I'll be entering the transfer portal.
                            They dropped it last night during the JMU vs NDSU FCS semifinal game with 4 mins remaining. Looks like I won't be watching the D2 Natty tonight.... and they want to lower the bill a lousy $15 bucks for loosing all of that programming... No thank you. Bye Bye Youtube TV!

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

They dropped it last night during the JMU vs NDSU FCS semifinal game with 4 mins remaining. Looks like I won't be watching the D2 Natty tonight.... and they want to lower the bill a lousy $15 bucks for loosing all of that programming... No thank you. Bye Bye Youtube TV!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X