Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post

Thank you.

And nobody including me thought Newberry would stand a chance against West Florida last year and they won. While Newberry’s defense was underwhelming, they had the best back that Delta would of seen this year, and a very explosive offense.
    Listen i flat out said newberry shouldve been in before they didnt get selected.

But That same back had 6 carries for 19 yards in the 2nd half against a sac school with a middle tier defense. Anderson was good but he also could be a non factor if you put 8 in the box.

And that very explosive offense was barely above middle of the pack in the conference in ypg. they wouldve been 5th in scoring and dead last in ypg in the gsc if not for Shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Listen i flat out said newberry shouldve been in before they didnt get selected.

But That same back had 6 carries for 19 yards in the 2nd half against a sac school with a middle tier defense. Anderson was good but he also could be a non factor if you put 8 in the box.

And that very explosive offense was barely above middle of the pack in the conference in ypg. they wouldve been 5th in scoring and dead last in ypg in the gsc if not for Shorter.
      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        There's 10 D2 playoff games happening at this moment and only one of them is competitive lol. Almost like maybe you should actually rank teams by how good they are instead of moving them around to where they'll travel the least, and most likely already lost against whoever they're playing in the first round.
        Weren't the final scores to all the SR1 games close? Granted I didn't watch any of them so the scores may not tell the full story of how the games played out, but on paper it seems like all the SR1 games were competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

West Georgia beat Delta State by 10 just two weeks ago on DSU’s Homecoming.
          Of course they did. They’re a fine team, as are the other teams I mentioned. But in looking at their scores against sub 500 Mississippi College and North Greenville (one score games), one could draw the conclusion that they are just as likely to lay an egg as pull an upset.
          Last edited by GoneBlastin; 11-19-2022, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Weren't the final scores to all the SR1 games close? Granted I didn't watch any of them so the scores may not tell the full story of how the games played out, but on paper it seems like all the SR1 games were competitive.
            I followed just the live stats and they seemed so.

A lot closer than the top 4 D3 schools. 204-0

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

Of course they did. They’re a fine team, as are the other teams I mentioned. But in looking at their scores against sub 500 Mississippi College and North Greenville (one score games), one could draw the conclusion that they are just as likely to lay an egg as pull an upset.
              Sure, if you want to cherry pick irrelevant games. In the head to head matchup with the Statesmen just two weeks back, they won. One could draw the conclusion that they are just as likely to win again.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

So I hear you, but doesn't this prove that it's working? It kinda showed that there were 10 teams that were outclassed. If all the same teams were in and the games were close, you'd have the better teams playing the better teams and the worse teams playing the worse. Realistically would Newberry, Henderson, Harding or UWG faired much better?
                I'm not here to argue who should have been in or who shouldn't have been in. I'm saying that maybe instead of not ranking the 5-7 teams in each region and just assigning them to who is closest, they should go back to actually ranking them and having #7 at #2, #6 at #3, and #5 at #4. NW Missouri should have been at Ferris, for example. They clearly were the last team to make it in SR3. SR4 probably should have been #7 Wayne State at #2 Mines, #6 Winona at #3 Minnesota State, and #5 Pueblo at #4 Bemidji, for example. Would all these games have been close? Maybe not. But I bet you'd get a more competitive #4/"#5" matchup than you got with Bemidji/Winona, when Winona was clearly not the #5 team in the region and Pueblo probably was.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

They were. At the time I made the post, two of the SR1 games were already done. Ashland/Notre Dame was still going but Ashland was up two scores. The only competitive game at the time of the post was Bemidji/Winona, which was scoreless at half, and then that turned in to a blowout anyway.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I'm not here to argue who should have been in or who shouldn't have been in. I'm saying that maybe instead of not ranking the 5-7 teams in each region and just assigning them to who is closest, they should go back to actually ranking them and having #7 at #2, #6 at #3, and #5 at #4. NW Missouri should have been at Ferris, for example. They clearly were the last team to make it in SR3. SR4 probably should have been #7 Wayne State at #2 Mines, #6 Winona at #3 Minnesota State, and #5 Pueblo at #4 Bemidji, for example. Would all these games have been close? Maybe not. But I bet you'd get a more competitive #4/"#5" matchup than you got with Bemidji/Winona, when Winona was clearly not the #5 team in the region and Pueblo probably was.
                    Ahh, I see where you’re headed now. The 2/7 may still be a blowout but the 4/5 wouldn’t be. Makes sense.

Comment

Only 3 upsets in Round 1

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                        Only 3 upsets in Round 1
                        I wasn't surprised any of those teams won but was surprised that Wingate and Northwest dispatched their opponents so easily. I figured Northwest would win, but I didn't see a 30 point beatdown. 14-17 okay. But that game was ugly. Little bit I watched it looked like Northwest was toying with them. Like a big brother

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I wasn't surprised any of those teams won but was surprised that Wingate and Northwest dispatched their opponents so easily. I figured Northwest would win, but I didn't see a 30 point beatdown. 14-17 okay. But that game was ugly. Little bit I watched it looked like Northwest was toying with them. Like a big brother
                          It was 40-3 at 1 point. I believe both OBU scores came against mostly backups. Definitely the most complete game NW had played all season to date.
                          The only MIAA team they beat this bad was winless Lincoln U.
                          Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-21-2022, 09:46 AM.

Comment

This is more a symptom of SR1 lacking any true giants than anything else. I expect all games in the SR1 quadrant to be fun, close, and competitive, but whoever comes out of it won't be able to hang with whoever they end up with (probably SR3).

Comment

If Angelo States makes it to the championship game, how big of a crowd would they realistically draw to the stadium in McKinney, TX? Would it be a sellout like when Northwest Missouri played Shepherd at the Kansas City MLS stadium? If not a sellout, how close to one could it be? I'm aware McKinney is in the DFW area, and assuming Angelo State has a significant alumni presence in that part of Texas.

Comment

If Angelo States makes it to the championship game, how big of a crowd would they realistically draw to the stadium in McKinney, TX? Would it be a sellout like when Northwest Missouri played Shepherd at the Kansas City MLS stadium? If not a sellout, how close to one could it be? I'm aware McKinney is in the DFW area, and assuming Angelo State has a significant alumni presence in that part of Texas.
                                I can almost guarantee you that it would not sell out. The stadium has a capacity of 12,000, and I would expect that Angelo State would probably have no more than 4,000 to 5,000 to[sd, and that might be pushing it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X