Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    Based solely on records, I agree with your assessment. However, you can't tell me with a straight face that Shepherd is a better team than Mines. If the people reseeding have actually watched the games and look at more than record/SOS, I think that seeds 2-4 are not easy place.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I could see IUP at GV/FSU and UWF at CSM/ASU if the games played out like that. I think UWF would have hosting issues considering the broadcast facilities.
      West Florida is a 2OT field goal loss (which they revenged by 11 on the road) away from being the overall #1 seed in this semifinal. If that was the case I would think they would honor that and UWF would host regardless of the broadcasting setup. So if that is true I would think that would remain the same now. I'm not saying they won't factor that in - and you would know well beyond what I would know with it - but I would hope that isn't the reason the Argos don't get to host. The broadcasts from West Florida have been much better than many other schools I've seen this year so I would think they have the ability to accommodate ESPN+ well enough. Also, I want to go to the game so I'm very biased :)
      * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
      * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
      * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

I think most who watched all four games today would say Ferris and Mines are the two best teams of the four remaining. I hope we see Shepherd at Ferris and Mines at West Florida, but I have a feeling that’s not going to be what we see.

Comment

I'll give you Ferris. Mines is better than West Florida though? The most points Wingate had given up before today was 24 points. West Florida's defense today literally scored 28 points. UWF's offense never even had to play today in a quarter final game. That score could have been much worse and they just chose to stay healthy. I don't see how most people would have saw Mines looking better than West Florida today.
          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
            I'll give you Ferris. Mines is better than West Florida though? The most points Wingate had given up before today was 24 points. West Florida's defense today literally scored 28 points. UWF's offense never even had to play today in a quarter final game. That score could have been much worse and they just chose to stay healthy. I don't see how most people would have saw Mines looking better than West Florida today.

This argument is completely irrelevant with how Mines played today. Before today, the most Angelo had given up in a game was 27 and that was to Mines in week 2. Outside of that, it was 21 points. Matocha and his offense absolutely dominated the field against the #1 ranked defense. I think West Florida and Mines are both great teams, but it’s crazy to say that one is significantly better than the other after the games this week.

Comment

I'll let everyone else debate who goes where. I just find it interesting that three games today featured rematches, and all three games featured teams getting revenge.

Comment

The good thing is that it will be settled on the field in the next two weeks no matter who goes where.

Comment

When will we find out games?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X